Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

B rad's build of a 2005

14K views 118 replies 17 participants last post by  Pocket_Rocket 
#1 · (Edited)
Real name is Brian, aka B rad or whiteboy or hay you. Bought this bad boy 2 days ago, and can't wait to get it dialed into a monster for the street. I might also start going to do a track day or two once I'm conferrable with the handling. Any help with choices as in brand name or type would be great, I'm a newb at most of the parts related to the bike. And I'm located in Socal so any local mechs or gear heads looking to make some $$ on the side hit me up! Ok, enough talk here's the specs, and what I have planned.

Current mods as of 3/30/2012
-2005 R6 Red/Blk 3885 miles
-Yosh pipe w/custom carbon fiber mount
-Driven rear sprocket (-1 +2)
-K&N filter
-Frame sliders
-Led signals
-fender eliminator kit
-lowered 1" with Pro-Tek LL-65 link
-Led gear counter
-powder coated white wheels
-Puig windshield
-CRG levers
-tank side grips & tank sticker
-HID's

Plans for the near future:
-Power commander 3
-Titanium headers
-Steel lines front & rear
-track fairings (maybe)
-better brake pads
-raise back to stock height
-DDR to correct the 12.5% my speedo is off :/

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Nice, i know with better pads and steel lines this should shot very fast. the 310mm front rotors and pads are a little better than my 04 was. I could be wrong, but i think i read somewhere that the 05R6 brake cylinder or part of the braking system is actually already made by Brembo. Depending on how much the RCS19 is, it might be an option.

I want an 05 SOOOO bad. In for more pics :cheers
Its a great platform to start with:fact. can't wait to unleash every pony possible with the factory upgrades they made to the 05:burnout
Also, I went shopping today and picked up some cosmetics. Pics maybe up tomorrow if i can figure out how to install the new Handle grips.

#9 ·
What about "B-Rye" = "Rye Bread"?
"B-Rad" = "White Bread"?

Bring that puppy to mi casa amigo. I'll help you determine your sprocket stuff.

Also, I'm willing to trade you my BMC for your stock air filter. If your filter is clean. Word of caution: I've never cleaned it.

#10 ·
Where is Eastvale? i have K&N cleaner, would that work on the BMC?

#12 ·
Thanks, i wasn't liking them at first glance, but they grew on me fast. hopefully i should have more pics of them today, got a small project to do on them:fact.

#15 · (Edited)
Wheel Bling! got this yesterday and couldn't wait to get it on the bike. Going to try and finish the front tire today.

Attachments

#16 ·
Did the plugs yesterday, as well as the Oil change and coolant flush. heres a video of the bike after the plugs!

Attachments

#17 ·
when I got the bike it didn't have the Chain cover, or the Ram air covers. Just got the Chain cover in, painted and what not. Still waiting on the RA covers to come in from another member on the board. I used a clear coat i like that has reflective properties to it, kinda cool in direct light. what you think?

Attachments

#18 ·
So i came home and guess what was waiting for me in a little box!:nocontrol Used K&N i got for $25 shipped off ebay!!! i cleaned it up, and will be putting it in this weekend when i also do my smog off plates.

Attachments

#20 ·
i just bought one, why would i want to buy another one:banned: lol

#21 ·
Went to the Laguna Hills Cycle gear, got some free food and stickers and picked up this little upgrade:fact.

Attachments

#22 ·
recommendation for a shop and a great mechanic.. Vried Racing hes located off oso in laguna hills? i think its still laguna there.. small little shop but the owner, gunner, knows ALOT about yamahas he has a track R1

and i go to school at CPP you should hit me up for a ride some time :) haha live on campus during the week then come home to laguna hills for the weekend

#23 ·
good looking out, I live up the street from CPP. basically south of the 57s instead of north off of temple. about 1/2 a mile off of temple:fact.

#28 ·
fo sure. i want some 3000k/4300

damn your right there then haha know any places to ride up there other then GMR?
yep, went to CPP back in 01-02. switched over to mt. sac then fullerton:lmao. We are going tomorrow 9 am to azusa canyons. meet up at shell gas station off of the 210 and azusa. :secret

If you're getting lines look out for Fren Tubos group buy from AGG...just ended now but he will be doing another one end of year probably...
ahh crap on a stick, i'm getting smog off plates and some other stuff. forgot about that group buy. I hope justin does have another GB, would be nice to get them when i want new pads in a month or 2.

#27 ·
If you're getting lines look out for Fren Tubos group buy from AGG...just ended now but he will be doing another one end of year probably...

#29 ·
damn haha im down in laguna and have stuff to do down here in the morning haha.. if you go any day other then tue or thur again hit me up

(949)637-2596 is my number i want to check out GMR during the day i was always there at night every week maybe 2-3 times a day with my buddies and their cars haha

#30 ·
the ride during the day even with the sun out was nice, at about 3000 feet, nice cool air. Had a great time riding with like 25 bikes up there, on the downward tho, 2nd gear locked up on me and i slid like 20 feet, came within a few feet of hitting a wall. got lucky i was slowing down and didn't fall or anything. My A-hole puckered so hard i wont sh!t for a week:thumbdown

#34 ·
dunno, im new to group rides and whatnot. im also on ocmoto.com good site to meet other local riders:secret.

#36 ·
lol, most of the guys i ride with are 20ish to mid 20's. I'm 28 but look 19:secret.

#38 ·
LOL yea, he's funny. We were at D&B tonight, and we rode on thurs last week 8 deep. if your free tomorrow, come by my place and we can roll out to The hat in Brea for the 7pm dinner meet.

#41 ·
UPDATE!!!
guess what came in the mail finally!!! Ram air covers to complete the last missing pieces of my bike :nocontrol

also i finally installed my chain cover after adjusting my chain today. was a busy day!

Attachments

#47 ·
yea wasn't me. got no stickers:fact

was he wearing a red jacket? he ignored me to when i rode by him on campus

and brian trade me ur wheels i want white so bad haha
ironically, i have a red Icon jacket:D. And no tradez, i'm loving these wheels. A biotch to keep clean tho:fact.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.