Shell Rotella T6...my .02 so far. : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Product Reviews

Old 08-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Bike: 2012 R6
Shell Rotella T6...my .02 so far.

Well....I've put about 1500 miles on my 6 using the Rotella T6....and Iíve noticed a few things.
My bike is a 2012 with 12,557 miles on the clock. I picked her up with 0 miles, so I put every mile on her clock. I know how she sounded when she was new, so any changes in sounds, performance, etc. I know.
After switching from Mobil1 4t Full Synth. the bike still shifts smooth BUT Iíve noticed that the Yami tick is more noticeable...more engine noise at idle as well.
Also...running the bike in 70+ degree weather....Iíve noticed that she heats up quicker....Iíve noticed my fans coming on more frequently at stop lights. Also....Iíve noticed a more noticeable "oil" smell when sheís running above 180*. She's not burning oil but thereís a definite smell that Iíve never noticed when using Mobil1.
I know that 1500 miles isnít a whole lot, Iím just pointing out the things that Iíve noticed right of the bat. Depending how I feel when she hits 3k miles using this oilÖI may run the Rotella again. Thereís people on here that have ran the Rotella for over 30k miles with no issues , maybe my bike doesnít like it, I donít know.

Ill keep this thread updated as I go along with the Rotella.

bluerebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
bryan j
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
Good to know. Thanks

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
bryan j is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan j View Post
Good to know. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com App

Old 08-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
ibspoolin86
My R6 hurts my Nutters

Bike: pearlescent white
Send a message via AIM to ibspoolin86
Re: Shell Rotella T6...my .02 so far.

I have used rotella when i first purchased the bike.I have no complaints about it.then switched over to castrol now amsoil
ibspoolin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
My94GT
Premium Member

motul 300v FTMFW seriously, do yourself a favor and pick some up from chiefsmokedawg for your next oil change. ive run nothing but mobil one in all my performance vehicles. I gave the motul a shot, and the bike shifts like silk and runs smooth as can be. i also dont notice the tick anymore like a used to.

sig by milko
my build thread-
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152740
My94GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #6
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by My94GT View Post
motul 300v FTMFW seriously, do yourself a favor and pick some up from chiefsmokedawg for your next oil change. ive run nothing but mobil one in all my performance vehicles. I gave the motul a shot, and the bike shifts like silk and runs smooth as can be. i also dont notice the tick anymore like a used to.
I kid you not, I was planning on buying the kit from Ant but thats about the time that the "complaint" came in so Ant was out of oil.

I may dump the Rotella and go for the Motul with Ant.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #7
My94GT
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerebel View Post
I kid you not, I was planning on buying the kit from Ant but thats about the time that the "complaint" came in so Ant was out of oil.

I may dump the Rotella and go for the Motul with Ant.
hes back on now and has it in stock, i was just at his new shop over the weekend. you will LOVE this oil, i really didnt want to fall into the hype but i did a track weekend on mobil 1 and another on the 300v and there was a noticeable difference, mainly in just how damn smooth the bike shifts.

sig by milko
my build thread-
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152740
My94GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #8
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by My94GT View Post
hes back on now and has it in stock, i was just at his new shop over the weekend. you will LOVE this oil, i really didnt want to fall into the hype but i did a track weekend on mobil 1 and another on the 300v and there was a noticeable difference, mainly in just how damn smooth the bike shifts.

i just want to order it already and get swap out the oil already. I wouldent say the the Rotella is $#!t but I could tell the difference between the Mobil1 and Rotella.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:28 AM   #9
Brewhaha
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2006 R6 Raven

I ran t6 in my STI for a long time and I tell you it was great. The oil is designed for a diesel correct? My only concern would have been that its design wasn't for over 6k RPMS even though it is pumping through turbochargers. I had more of an oil smell in my STI when I switched but I tell you it honestly loved the oil.
Brewhaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement