Doctor, Doctor, Give Me The News! Graves Yamaha goes to Jersey - Daily Press Updates : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > Main Page News > Main Page News

Old 09-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
SpidermanSS
The GodFather

Bike: R1 - R6 - YZF's
Doctor, Doctor, Give Me The News! Graves Yamaha goes to Jersey - Daily Press Updates

Cypress, CA September 5, 2012 – After a late-summer break in the action, the Yamaha U.S. Road Racing Teams are heading eastbound to south-central New Jersey for Round 10 of the GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing season. The popular event is this weekend at the 14-turn, 2.25-mile New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville, New Jersey.

MONSTER ENERGY/GRAVES/YAMAHA/: HAYES & HERRIN

AMA Pro National Guard SuperBike Champion and Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha lead rider Josh Hayes is returning to the track where he clinched his second consecutive title last year, and he’s looking to continue to build his considerable points lead towards his third SuperBike crown in a row.

Josh holds the track record at New Jersey Motorsports Park, and he’s won five of the past six SuperBike races at NJMP aboard his powerful, crossplane-crankshaft Yamaha YZF-R1. He’s won a total of 11 races so far this season, including eight wins in a row. Josh has also won the pole at every single track that the AMA Pro SuperBike riders have visited this year, which is a gaudy eight pole positions in a row. Is his going to ease off the throttle a little bit on his remarkable season? “Not on your life,” commented Josh. “I race to win and, in fact, with the points lead that I now have in the championship, I want to win just as badly as ever, if not even more so. I’m chasing destiny now, and building on my legacy in this sport that I love.”

Meanwhile, nipping at Josh’s heels more often than the champ would like is a rapidly rising SuperBike rookie who also goes by the name of “Josh.” Of course, it’s Josh Herrin, who is Josh Hayes’ teammate and rider of the #2 Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha R1. Josh “Holeshot” Herrin has developed a knack for launching his R1 off the starting line and putting himself quickly into the lead or at least in contention for it.

Josh has been on the podium seven times in his past eight starts this season, and he is currently in third place in the SuperBike season points standings. The rookie SuperBike rider is highly experienced in AMA Pro Road Racing, however, and he currently owns the Daytona SportBike track record at New Jersey Motorsports Park, having won one of the two DSB races at NJMP last season and winning both races in 2009 aboard an R6. “I like the track at New Jersey,” Josh said. “The fans there are so awesome, and last year, I gave away my helmet to one of them in the podium crowd. We’ll see if I can have the same kind of celebration this weekend.”

YAMAHA EXTENDED SERVICE/GRAVES/YAMAHA: BEAUBIER, HAYDEN & GERLOFF

Cameron Beaubier’s stock is very much on the upswing. He’s won four of the past five AMA Pro GoPro Daytona SportBike races aboard his #6 Yamaha Extended Service/Graves/Yamaha YZF-R6, and he’s coming off the biggest DSB victory of his career on the world stage at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Cameron has been on the podium in 9 out of the 11 races he’s started and, like Josh Hayes, he’s got his eyes firmly fixed on the prize, which is, of course, race wins. “I want to win them all,” Cameron said. “I’m not being greedy, I’m just being realistic. People say I’m a nice guy, but this nice guy doesn’t like to finish anywhere except at the front. I’m healthy, and I’ve got the best team and the best bike out there. Let’s get after it.”

Well, “Y.E.S.,” by all means, get after it, but you’ve got a crafty veteran in your midst, Cameron, and he’s riding the same R6 as you, but with a familiar number. Of course, that’s the signature #22 and fan favorite Tommy Hayden, who is Cameron’s Y.E.S./Graves/Yamaha teammate.

Tommy is currently tied for third place with Cameron in the DSB season points standings, having been on the podium five times this season, but it’s a win that he wants. He’ll have his ever-loyal friends and family from back home in Owensboro with him in attendance at New Jersey, and he’ll being trying hard to do them all proud by notching that elusive win. Tommy has been in contention and in the lead group on many an occasion this year, and no one’s got more experience on the track than the eldest Hayden brother, so don’t count him out just yet.

The third member of the Y.E.S./Graves/Yamaha team, Garrett Gerloff, will get a hero’s welcome at New Jersey Motorsports Park, as he returns to action fully fit from the leg injury he suffered in the first practice session for the Daytona 200 this past March. Garrett is returning to the track where he notched his first professional career road racing victory last fall, at New Jersey in the Saturday SuperSport race.

To begin his comeback, Garrett will, once again, compete in the AMA Pro Motorcycle-SuperStore.com SuperSport series aboard his #96 Yamaha Extended Service/Graves/Yamaha YZF-R6.

MEET THE YAMAHA ROAD RACING TEAM RIDERS AT DEPTFORD YAMAHA

On Friday night, September 7 from 7:00 to 8:00 PM, be sure to stop by Deptford Yamaha at 1300 Clements Bridge Road in nearby Deptford, New Jersey. Josh Hayes, Josh Herrin, Cameron Beaubier, Tommy Hayden, and Garrett Gerloff will all be on hand to meet fans, sign autographs, and give away posters.

In addition, Josh Hayes will be giving away special commemorative Yamaha 2011 SuperBike Champion T-Shirts to fans who attend the event at Deptford Yamaha and correctly answer the Josh Hayes Trivia Question. To find out how to win, all you need to do is “like” Yamaha on Facebook or follow Josh on Twitter @hayes131.
TUNE INTO SPEED TV

Motorcycle road racing is the most exciting form of motorsports in the world, and there’s truly nothing like seeing it live and in person. But, if you can’t make it to the track, be sure to watch all the action from New Jersey Motorsports Park on Speed TV. For the exact days and times of the telecasts, be sure to check your local listings, or go to www.SpeedTV.com for more information.

FOLLOW Graves Motorsports on: Facebook = https://www.facebook.com/GravesMotorsports and Twitter @Gravesport
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ama-new-jersey-graves-motorsports.jpg
Views:	218278
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	83738  

www.gravesport.com / www.r1-forum.com / www.r6-forum.com

YAMAHA EVERYWHERE!

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN

KILO 3483 I miss YOU! In Memory of : fastblueR1 : K_FleXXX : GLENN "ELVIS" : Gawarrior I miss YOU!

Twitter: @SpidermanSS

DEALS GAP 2011 R1 + R6 + Convention - Sign UP Thread!
SpidermanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
maxpr1
I eat my R6

Bike: '07R6 Track
Re: Doctor, Doctor, Give Me The News! Graves Yamaha goes to Jersey

Awesome! Can't wait to finally get to see the action in person. Really looking forward to it
maxpr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
SpidermanSS
The GodFather

Re: Doctor, Doctor, Give Me The News! Graves Yamaha goes to Jersey

Yamaha U.S. Road Racing Teams “Give It The Devil” And Enjoy Successful First Day At New Jersey Motorsports Park

Millville, NJ September 7, 2012 – With five highly capable riders competing in three different GEICO AMA Pro Road Racing classes, the first day at the American Red Cross Devil’s Showdown In New Jersey was a successful one for the Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha and Yamaha Extended Service/Graves/Yamaha teams.

In AMA Pro National Guard SuperBike, two-time reigning series champion Josh Hayes led the noontime practice session, then went on win the provisional pole in the afternoon’s first qualifying session.

“It feels like it’s been a long time since I’ve been on a motorcycle,” Josh quipped as he commented on the rare six-week break in the AMA Pro Racing season. “The track is in good condition. The weather is good. My Yamaha R1 is the same as I remember it. I kept myself in shape during the break, and I’m happy to get back to the business of winning races.”

Josh’s teammate, and rider of the #2 Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha YZF-R1 had a little bit tougher day. He had an uncharacteristic tipover in practice, which contributed to being slightly off the pace early in provisional qualifying. But, Josh found his speed towards the end of the session, and he worked himself up to seventh place leading into tomorrow’s final qualifying. A good night’s sleep should do the SuperBike rookie sensation some good, and he’ll be looking to improve on his starting position in final qualifying.

In AMA Pro GoPro Daytona SportBike, Tommy Hayden, who rides the #22 Y.E.S./Graves/Yamaha YZF-R6, used his smooth, analytical style in provisional qualifying to continually improve on his laptimes throughout the session. He ran 24 laps in qualifying and clicked off his fastest lap of the day on his final circulation around the 14-turn, 2.2-mile road course, which put him in second place on the provisional starting grid. Tommy’s teammate, Cameron Beaubier--who has won four of the past five DSB races, as well as being on the podium in 9 out of the 11 races he’s started--qualified in third place.

In AMA Pro Motorcycle-SuperStore.com SuperSport, Garrett Gerloff made his return to racing after his Daytona 200 practice crash this past March, and he went right to work “shaking off the rust.” After a methodical practice session, Garrett turned up the wick in provisional qualifying and worked himself up to a remarkable sixth place, He’ll consult with his team overnight, in an effort to improve his starting position in tomorrow morning’s final qualifying.

SuperSport Race 1 will go green at 1:00 PM on Saturday, Daytona SportBike Race 1 will start at 2:00 PM, and SuperBike Race 1 is scheduled for 3:15 PM. All times are Eastern.

If you can’t make it to the track, be sure to watch all the action from New Jersey Motorsports Park on Speed TV. For the exact days and times of the telecasts, check your local listings, or go to www.SpeedTV.com for more information.

YAMAHA EVERYWHERE!

KILO 3483 I miss YOU! In Memory of : fastblueR1 : K_FleXXX : GLENN "ELVIS" : Gawarrior I miss YOU!

Old 09-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
mgossel
Lifetime Premium

Re: Doctor, Doctor, Give Me The News! Graves Yamaha goes to Jersey - Daily Press Upda

Congrats to Josh Hayes and Graves Yamaha! He was crazy fast/smooth yesterday. Dominated the field
mgossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #5
SpidermanSS
The GodFather

Re: Doctor, Doctor, Give Me The News! Graves Yamaha goes to Jersey - Daily Press Upda

I'll be putting up the last of the weekend press releases from the races on www.gravesport.com in about 15 minutes... There is one featured story on the main page with all the weekend's info....

Hope everyone had a great weekend

YAMAHA EVERYWHERE!

Old 09-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #6
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgossel View Post
Congrats to Josh Hayes and Graves Yamaha! He was crazy fast/smooth yesterday. Dominated the field

You should have seen the wheelies out of turn 2 WITH the back tire stepping out and pulling in repeatedly under the traction control. It was truly a sight to see. It was one of two races I was able to watch other than the two my bike were in.

HUGE to Graves Yamaha for a weekend of domination!!

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement