New Jersey Round AMA Pro Racing - Graves Yamaha Press Releases * Spoilers : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > Main Page News > Main Page News

Old 09-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
SpidermanSS
The GodFather

Bike: R1 - R6 - YZF's
Cool New Jersey Round AMA Pro Racing - Graves Yamaha Press Releases * Spoilers

Jersey? Sure! Josh Hayes Ties Record For Consecutive Poles In AMA Pro National Guard SuperBike
Millville, NJ September 8, 2012 - After setting provisional pole in yesterday's first qualifying session, two-time defending SuperBike Champion and Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha rider Josh Hayes kept his #1 crossplane-crankshaft YZF-R1 at the top of the lap charts and earned his 11th consecutive pole position, which ties him for the AMA Pro Road Racing record in the SuperBike class.

The series has been to nine venues so far this season, including this weekend's round at the 14-turn, 2.2-mile New Jersey Motorsports Park road course, and Josh has won the pole at every round this year. His record of 11 poles in a row extends back to the final two rounds last season

"I was kind of surprised to see the laptimes as fast as yesterday because of the rain last night, and there were a few damp patches on the track," Josh commented. "I've had four years on my R1, and that's a big benefit. We know what we have to do to win, and that's what we're going to try to do." Josh has won a total of 11 races so far this season, including eight wins in a row.

Garrett Gerloff Puts The "G" In "Garden State" And Finishes Second At New Jersey In First Race Back From Daytona Injury
Millville, NJ September 8, 2012 - After six months of recuperation, rehabbing, training, waiting, waiting, and more waiting, Yamaha Extended Service/Graves/Yamaha rider Garrett Gerloff raced hard and finished in a remarkable second place in AMA Pro Motorcycle-SuperStore.com SuperSport Race One at New Jersey Motorsports Park.

His Daytona 200 first-practice injury this past March set Garrett back, but he showed steely determination and racecraft belying his 17 years of age in coming back so strong at NJMP, the site of his professional debut last year, in which he won Saturday's SuperSport race.

Commenting on his first race back, Garrett said, "It feels so good to be on the podium here. It's not a win but, for me to get second, I couldn't be happier. Thanks goes to my entire Y.E.S./Graves/Yamaha team, my family, and everyone who has been encouraging me all these months. I'm looking forward to getting back out there for tomorrow's race."

Devil On A Blue Bike, As Cameron Beaubier Wins Saturday Daytona SportBike Race At New Jersey Motorsports Park
Millville, NJ September 8, 2012 - The American Red Cross Devil's Showdown saw a devil on a blue bike blitz the field in AMA Pro Go Pro Daytona SportBike, as Yamaha Extended Service/Graves/Yamaha phenom Cameron Beaubier worked himself to the front, and then into the lead, on the final lap, winning DSB Race One at New Jersey Motorsports Park.

The victory was the fifth out of the past six races for Cameron, who has been on the podium in 10 out of the 12 races heís started this season.

After his victory, Cameron said, "After the restart, I got shuffled back a little bit, but I just kept working and got myself back up in the front group where I could try to get to the front. I usually like to make my move sooner than the last lap, but these guys race hard, and I had to wait till the end. It all worked out, and I couldn't be happier."

Cameron's teammate and rider of the #22 Y.E.S./Graves/Yamaha YZF-R6, Tommy Hayden, finished fifth in todayís DSB Race One, with Race Two set to go green on Sunday at 2:15 PM EST.

Big Hit Records For Josh Hayes As He Wins Saturday SuperBike Race At New Jersey Motorsports Park
Millville, NJ September 8, 2012 - On the track where he holds the overall lap record and had won five of the past six SuperBike races, Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha rider Josh Hayes made it six wins out of the past seven at New Jersey Motorsports Park where he led today's American Red Cross Devil's Showdown SuperBike Race One from start to finish.

The result of the race was never in doubt as Josh got the holeshot and immediately pulled a sizeable gap on the rest of the field. When he took the checkered flag after 23 blistering laps, he won the race by more than 22 seconds. It was truly a display of epic dominance by the "Mississippi Madman."

Josh is also starting to dominate the record books. He's re-writing history in several categories of the AMA Pro SuperBike series. His nine wins in a row is a new AMA Pro SuperBike single-season, consecutive-win record, and his 12 race wins so far this season moves Josh into a tie for most wins in a single season. Also, Josh takes over sole possession of third place for total career AMA SuperBike victories, with 29.

Following his win, Josh said, "The bike is an incredible machine. The R1 lets me put down fast lap after fast lap, and it never complains." When asked about his 29 career SuperBike victories, Josh said, "And, all those wins are on a Yamaha. I'm pretty awe-struck by it myself, to tell you the truth. My team, my training program, and my R1... they're all just the best, and I'm so happy to be where I am."

Josh's teammate and rider of the #2 Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha YZF-R1, Josh Herrin, finished sixth in today's SuperBike Race One. He was still feeling the effects of his hard crash in Friday's first practice session and hopes to regroup and come back stronger in tomorrow's SuperBike Race Two.

That second SuperBike race of the weekend is scheduled to start on Sunday at 3:30 PM EST.

Yamaha Extended Service/Graves/Yamaha's Garrett Gerloff Hammers New Jersey With A Two By Five
Millville, NJ September 9, 2012 - Following up on his second-place finish in Saturday's AMA Pro Motorcycle-SuperStore.com SuperSport Race One at New Jersey Motorsports Park, Yamaha Extended Service/Graves/Yamaha rider Garrett Gerloff finished fifth aboard his #96 Yamaha YZF-R6 in Sunday's SuperSport Race Two.

Garrett, who started in sixth position on the grid, was shuffled back in the early going, but he went to work moving towards the front as the laps wound down. He was in fifth place with three laps to go and about to move into fourth when the race was unfortunately red-flagged and made official on lap 16 of the 19 laps that were supposed to have run.

All in all, it was a very successful comeback for Garrett, who returned to racing six months after breaking his femur in a crash during the first practice session for the Daytona 200 this past March.

The Y.E.S./Graves/Yamaha team will be back in action the weekend after next as they travel to South Florida for the Big Kahuna Miami at Homestead-Miami Speedway for Round 11 of the GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing series on September 21 through 23.

Tommy Hayden and Cameron Beaubier Have An Unfortunate Dance With The Devil In Daytona SportBike Race Two At New Jersey Motorsports Park
Millville, NJ September 9, 2012 - The American Red Cross Devil's Showdown at New Jersey Motorsports Park was appropriately named, as Yamaha Extended Service/Graves/Yamaha teammates Tommy Hayden and Cameron Beaubier had an unfortunate showdown with the devil that didnít end well for either rider.

On lap three of Sunday's 19-lap AMA Pro GoPro Daytona SportBike Race, Tommy was in second-place, with Cameron close behind in third. Unfortunately, water and dirt on the track in turn 7 caused both Y.E.S/Graves/Yamaha R6 riders to go down.

And, they went down hard. Tommy's bike went completely sideways, tossing the veteran rider towards the sky, with his #22 R6 also cartwheeling in the air. Cameron, right behind Tommy, also hit the water and dirt, and he and his #8 R6 went tumbling, as well. In addition, two other riders were caught up in the melee.

Tommy was down for a while, as his brother, SuperBike rider Roger Hayden, quickly came to his aid. Cameron got up fairly quickly and went to check on his teammate. Once both Yamaha riders got to their feet, Tommy took a ride in the ambulance, while Cameron went back to the pit area to get ready for the restart.

While virtually every Y.E.S./Graves/Yamaha and Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha crew member worked feverishly to get Cameron's bike rebuilt and race ready, SuperBike Champion Josh Hayes spent time in the pit are with Cameron helping him regain his focus.

Unfortunately, time ran out before the team could get Cameron's bike ready, and he was unable to restart in third place on the grid. His day was done.

Meanwhile, Tommy was transported to the hospital for further evaluation, and he was obviously unable to restart the race.

When asked about the situation, Keith McCarty, Motorsports Racing Division Manager for Yamaha, said, "It's a terribly unfortunate situation that just shouldn't have happened. We all knew that it rained hard last night, and that corner has been problematic in the past. Whether it's a low spot or just susceptible to seepage, there's been dampness in that turn in previous years. I've got two riders banged up, including one in the hospital, and that shouldn't have happened. Cameron's bike was so badly damaged that, try as hard as we could, we just couldn't get it ready for the restart."

With the Y.E.S./Graves/Yamaha team back in action the weekend after next, Tommy's condition will be closely monitored and more information will be forthcoming later this week. Round 11 of the GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing series, the Big Kahuna Miami at Homestead-Miami Speedway will be on September 21 through 23.

Lucky 13 For Josh Hayes As He Wins Sunday SuperBike Race At New Jersey Motorsports Park; Teammate Herrin Finishes Second
Millville, NJ September 9, 2012 - Two-time reigning AMA Pro National Guard SuperBike Champion and Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha rider Josh Hayes set yet another SuperBike record at New Jersey Motorsports Park where, just like yesterday, he led today's American Red Cross Devilís Showdown SuperBike Race Two from start to finish.

Once again, Josh got the holeshot and immediately pulled a gap on the rest of the field. Today, his closest competitor was his teammate Josh Herrin, aboard the #2 Yamaha YZF-R1.

Josh Hayes has now won nine races in a row to extend the AMA Pro SuperBike single-season, consecutive-win record that he set yesterday, and his 13 victories so far this season are a brand-new AMA Pro SuperBike record for most wins in a single season. Josh's 30 career wins bring him to within two victories of tying for second place in total career AMA SuperBike wins.

After lucky win number 13, Josh said, "I'm not superstitious. I'll take every race win I get, no matter what number it is. Honestly, we don't talk much about records on the team. We just want to keep winning as many as we can. If we break records and set new records, that's great because it shows our success as a team. That's what's most important to me."

After a slow start to the weekend, Josh Herrin acquitted himself well in SuperBike Race Two, as he finished in second place. It was the third one-two finish of the season for the Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha duo.

Commenting on his resurgence, Josh said, "This has been a tough weekend for me, so I'm happy to be able to bounce back and get second today. I owed my team that after all their hard work."

The Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha team will be back in action the weekend after next as they travel to South Florida for the Big Kahuna Miami at Homestead-Miami Speedway for Round 11 of the GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing series on September 21 through 23.

Watch Graves Motorsports Facebook and Twitter pages for weekend event images - www.gravesport.com / https://twitter.com/Gravesport / @Gravesport / https://www.facebook.com/GravesMotorsports You might even find some post on my twitter @SpidermanSS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BJN53962.jpg
Views:	1509
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	83922  

www.gravesport.com / www.r1-forum.com / www.r6-forum.com

YAMAHA EVERYWHERE!

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN

KILO 3483 I miss YOU! In Memory of : fastblueR1 : K_FleXXX : GLENN "ELVIS" : Gawarrior I miss YOU!

Twitter: @SpidermanSS

DEALS GAP 2011 R1 + R6 + Convention - Sign UP Thread!

Last edited by SpidermanSS; 09-10-2012 at 07:33 AM.
SpidermanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement