Scala Rider G9 gets an A+ : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Product Reviews

Old 09-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
BigShepp
Tron has corrupted me

Bike: 2005 R6 Raven "Deimos"
Scala Rider G9 gets an A+

Buddy of mine and I just picked up a Scala Rider G9 double set. Gotta say these things are amazing. There are a ton of features and they're all fantastic.

Here are some of the features. Keep in mind these are only the features I've used and I have an iPhone 4 with voice command, so I'm not sure if it'll; work with your phone.

Bluetooth Music and communication.

Voice control. Play your music etc.

Up to a mile Unit to Unit communication. Nice if you have a riding buddy like me and get separated or need to say something. Interrupts music fluidly when the other guy wants to talk.

Self adjusting sound level. As the wind noise increases, the volume adjust accordingly. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

All in all a great investment for anyone that rides more than just around the track, misses their music, and hates putting in ear buds every time they want to ride. Also great because now I can answer phone calls and even make them hands free. It's a really clean setup in the helmet too. Speakers are hidden behind the ear pads, and the mic barely sticks out. I'll post pics when I can.

If you're looking at a Bluetooth system, I would recommend this one hands down. Get a buddy to go in with you and it's cheaper, I spent around $270 myself.
BigShepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
Miller'sR6
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2012 Yamaha Blue R6
Re: Scala Rider G9 gets an A+

I have the Q2 set now wishing I had the G9 grrrr. Damn technology keeps getting better overnight.
Miller'sR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
BigShepp
Tron has corrupted me

Bike: 2005 R6 Raven "Deimos"

Yea I looked into what tech was supposed to be coming out soon, but none of it seemed that great.
BigShepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
NyseR6
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2012 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShepp View Post
Buddy of mine and I just picked up a Scala Rider G9 double set. Gotta say these things are amazing. There are a ton of features and they're all fantastic.

Here are some of the features. Keep in mind these are only the features I've used and I have an iPhone 4 with voice command, so I'm not sure if it'll; work with your phone.

Bluetooth Music and communication.

Voice control. Play your music etc.

Up to a mile Unit to Unit communication. Nice if you have a riding buddy like me and get separated or need to say something. Interrupts music fluidly when the other guy wants to talk.

Self adjusting sound level. As the wind noise increases, the volume adjust accordingly. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

All in all a great investment for anyone that rides more than just around the track, misses their music, and hates putting in ear buds every time they want to ride. Also great because now I can answer phone calls and even make them hands free. It's a really clean setup in the helmet too. Speakers are hidden behind the ear pads, and the mic barely sticks out. I'll post pics when I can.

If you're looking at a Bluetooth system, I would recommend this one hands down. Get a buddy to go in with you and it's cheaper, I spent around $270 myself.
+1. I love mine. Keep playing with all the settings and re-read the owners manual. I couldn't believe how much more there was to it when I actually read the book.

Also, just to add to your review, one feature I really like is the one touch dialing. I have mine set to call my house, so I can talk to my wife on my way home from work if I need to.
Current Mods: Full Leo Vince Factory EVO II carbon exhaust, Bauce Racing ECU, Bazzaz Z-Fi + AFM, DID ERV3 520 chain, Renthal 15/47 sprockets, Michelin Pilot Power 3 tires, BMC track filter, HyperPro RSC steering damper, Rizoma RRC rearset, Rizoma Radial Sport mirrors, Fren Tubo SS brake lines, Rizoma front and rear brake reservoirs, Puig DB light smoke windscreen, AGG smog block-off plates, Proton flushmounts, Shermoto Racing levers, Driven D3 grips, Motodynamic smoked integrated tail light, Rizoma chain adjuster, Rizoma gas cap, Rizoma oil filler cap, OEM solo seat cowl, BikeStyle passenger peg plugs, Carbon fiber ram air covers, Shogun framesliders, Vortex swingarm spools, Gregg's Customs rear tag cover, Custom fender eliminator, 90 degree valve stems, CustomLED relay, Scala G9, Slowboy reservoir socks, Motul 300V, Engine Ice, NJG custom decal set, Pitbull front and rear stands
NyseR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:30 AM   #5
add2477
My R6 eats me.

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog.
emerson ups price in Pakistan Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the nice quality writing,server rack price in Pakistanitís rare to see a nice blog like this one these days
add2477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #6
jwolf8604
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

I want pictures
jwolf8604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement