Bike dies at idle. HELP please : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 10-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
mknuchell
live to ride

Bike: 07 R6 charcoal
Send a message via Skype™ to mknuchell
Bike dies at idle. HELP please

Ok this has been drivin me crazy guys. Maybe some of you who know what your talking about can help me.

The bike will run just fine after I start it for a little bit but then just dies. When I go to restart it I need to roll on throttle and keep the throttle engaged until the bike is warmed up. Then it runs normally. Also occasionally when I pull in the clutch as I roll up to a stop the bike dies as well.

I've replaced the plugs and the coils. The clutch switch is good.

I was wondering if it may be issues with the injectors or throttle bodies? I keep thinking the problem is fixedbut nothing has worked

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
mknuchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
bryan j
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
How many miles? Could need a valve check

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
bryan j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
Re: Bike dies at idle. HELP please

Oil pressure sucks in these things at idle and low RPM's...

Having Ant @ BAUCE Racing flash your ECU could fix that, and unleash the beast in that bike... With everything else you've done to troubleshoot, I've really got nothing else to add.
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
rayr6
@rayholt

Bike: 2006 R6 Pretty Much Stock
Send a message via ICQ to rayr6 Send a message via AIM to rayr6 Send a message via Skype™ to rayr6

I think I know what you're talking about, but you're saying it stops after the bike is warmed up?

From my experience with other 06/07 R6's, it's after the bike is running a little hot that this happens. It runs fine, dies, then struggles to start, and when it finally does you have to stay on the gas to not let it die again.
rayr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
BaoPee
Prof AZN Lowballer

Bike: R6 (Track)

might be bad gas
BaoPee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #6
mknuchell
live to ride

It's got 22k miles so quite a bit but wouldn't valves be worse when it gets warm? And I just had me Ecu flashed (amazing job that part was great). But

But ray thats exactly what it is... Any experience with it or know how to fix it or even what the issue is?
Old 10-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #7
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
Well if you just had your ECU flashed and now you're having these issues, that could very well be your problem. ECU flashing is difficult, and not so straight forward... Having someone do a hack job can cause all sorts of issues, even blow your motor in some cases...
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #8
natedogg624
I eat my R6

how do you know your clutch switch is good?
Nathan - #425 - 07 Yamaha R6
35 Motorsports, Vortex Racing, Pit Posse Motorsports, Spy Optics, Suomy Helmets, 614 Paintworx, Optimal Racing, GP Tech
Nationwide Children's Hospital/Ohio Motorcyclists for Children
The Retrofit Source
natedogg624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #9
rayr6
@rayholt

Bike: 2006 R6 Pretty Much Stock
Send a message via ICQ to rayr6 Send a message via AIM to rayr6 Send a message via Skype™ to rayr6

I wish I new the answer. I have had 3 friends experience this problem, one just at a track day the other weekend at Laguna Seca. I used to think it was just a California bike thing, since we have all these extra parts for emission regulations... but when I had my bike serviced the mechanic explained some of these part of the gas tank and fuel line that he just took off and threw out because it wasn't really needed. You wouldn't have these to worry about affecting any performance.

What sounds strange, but may help when this happen, is to simply open up your gas cap real quick in case of pressure that might have built up. I think a few friends of mine kicked around this idea of having it help. I'll talk to them and get back to you.
rayr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #10
mknuchell
live to ride

I have been experiencing these issued for quite a while. Well before the ECU flash. Plus BAUCE flashed mine so I'm pretty sure it's solid work haha and thanks for checking with your friends. I'll try that gas cap trick when I leave work and maybe thats the issue.

What confuses me most is how it runs perfectly fine once it's warmed up to like 140 degrees
Sponsored Links
Advertisement