First impressions: BAUCE Racing ECU flash : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Product Reviews

Old 10-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Bike: 2012 R6
First impressions: BAUCE Racing ECU flash

Well, I pulled the trigger after doing some reading and gathering information. I was a little nervous about doing the whole "ECU flash" thing but after hearing so many positive reviews and feed back from many members, I went ahead and shipped out my ECU.

From my understanding the following things are changed/removed:
-engine braking is reduced
-engine idle is raised
-radiator fans are set to come on at a lower temp
-fuel map is smoothed which leads to a butter smooth throttle
-EXUP CEL removed
- and some other OE restrictions

I've only had this thing on my bike for a day and I've only been able to "feel" the changes regarding to engine braking and the raised idle.

The reduced engine braking is tits. Coming to a stop or going into a corner and dropping gears before entering and still caring speed without the bike "braking" is just awesome. Makes everything sooooo much smoother.

I was worried about the raised idle regarding street riding and the bike heating up quicker at stop lights but I've found that with the lowered set temperature for the fans... The bike never hit more than 207F with ambient temps being around 80-85. It's a bit annoying to hear the bike idle at 2k at stop lights but well worth it. Now you simply release the clutch and the bike goes.....no more applying throttle lol.

As regards to the smoother throttle.... Milky tity smooth!!!!! I literally was able to ride with one hand in first gear and increase/decrease throttle without any twitchy-ness. With an OE ECU, this is impossible, all of you know how twitchy the throttle is in first gear.. The flash literally got rid of that issue.

I was able to ride home through the back roads and open her up a bit... AMAZING! She pulls hard through every gear and seems like she picks up power quick once you hit about 8k RPMs instead of 10k. I didn't open her up all the way as I was riding on public roads but I can't wait to hit the track in April with the new beast!

Overall I'm extremely happy with this upgrade. It's an easy upgrade at a great price. Most people gave me siht about doing this upgrade saying that it won't make me faster and blah blah blah.... An ECU Flash is not just a go fast upgrade.. It helps iron out rough spots that our bikes are known for. This is easily the best upgrade I've done to my bike.

I highly recommend it and I highly recommend Anthony from BAUCE RACING. This guy took hours converting my Bazzaz map to be compatible with the flash, he smoothed it out and listened to my concerns and explained everything, EVERYTHING to me. He applies all his knowledge into creating a true, workable and safe flash. I am positive that his experience with racing and his R&D go into every ECU he flashes. I truly believe that you get what you pay for and there's no exception to ECU flashing.

If you're concerned about the raised idle and If you have any concerns regarding engine longevity after an ECU flash.. .just contact Anthony and I'm sure he would be more than happy to answer all your questions.

And last but not least.... He did not pay me or give me free swag to say all of thee above. I am simply stating my first impressions with this product.

bluerebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
Bitchin! Can't wait to get mine back and REALLY test this thing out on the track!

Also, Anthony is the fcukin man without a doubt! He treats every customer as if they're his only customer!

If you're even a little interested in having this done, contact Anthony aka Chiefsmokedawg of BAUCE Racing and he can walk you through everything!

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
Bitchin! Can't wait to get mine back and REALLY test this thing out on the track!

Also, Anthony is the fcukin man without a doubt! He treats every customer as if they're his only customer!

If you're even a little interested in having this done, contact Anthony aka Chiefsmokedawg of BAUCE Racing and he can walk you through everything!

Exactly.

This guy never sleeps man. We should all pitch in and send him a case of red bulls or something. What say you gents!

Old 10-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #4
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerebel View Post
Exactly.

This guy never sleeps man. We should all pitch in and send him a case of red bulls or something. What say you gents!
He'd appreciate a diff sort of... delivery...

What we should do is send his girl some flowers for puting up with this shit. I'm blown away at how he manages a full time job, and then hours upon hours at the shop(BAUCE Racing), and still manages his house and personal life(or lack there of)...

Either way, a HUGE go out to Anthony for EVERYTHING he does for us! Not enough can be said about the character of this man.
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

This man has my business for life man.

Sooo... Yeah, I'll update more as I go about riding with the reflash.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
babymilo36
Chinese Immigrant

Bike: 2008 R6, 2009 R1
Re: First impressions: BAUCE Racing ECU flash

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
babymilo36
Chinese Immigrant

Bike: 2008 R6, 2009 R1

But seriously, I have my ECU flashed by Ant as well and when I took it out for a few mins, having a blast was an understatement

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #8
QR6r
a.k.a. QR6

Bike: 2007 R6

The only word that could describe it for me was my bike "rips" now. I love it! Thanks Ant!

QR6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #9
Gundamzeppelin
Tons of juice. Crazyjuice

Bike: 13M1 Rep 05Aprila scooter

Sent mine out today to bad my MJS headers are being held by UPS aka they lost it or ****ed up the box royally.
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk.
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

^petrol_spice^ RIP Mulciber, BallistiK,GhostR6
'Any crash you can walk away from is a good one."
launchpad McQuack

Last edited by Gundamzeppelin; 10-30-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Gundamzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:12 PM   #10
Doc-Ram
I ride with Passion

Bike: 08 R6, '10 RSV4R

aaarrrrggghhh...no time to send mine out yet :
Doc-Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement