Pirelli Diablo's Opinions... : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Tire Tech Talk

Old 11-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
BBudensiek
Go Fast or Go Home

Bike: 2000 Yamaha R6
Pirelli Diablo's Opinions...

So heres the deal....
I could pick up a set of brand new pirelly diablo tires from a buddy of mine for $175. The thing i want to know is how good of tire are they and how many miles i should expect out of them. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated i see on motorcycle superstore they got great ratings but i thought i would try on here before i buy them for sure. Thanks guys!!

Bryant
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
Wkderf
OEM +1

Bike: 2012 R6
Re: Pirelli Diablo's Opinions...

I personally have the diablo Rosso tires F&R, and while I can't speak to the longevity of them yet (only a few hundred miles old) I can say that I am very happy with their performance. The amount of grip over factory tires is substantial, and on angle,mtheese tire grip like Velcro.

My only word of caution would be that they do require some warmup time compared to stock. When cold, the rear has locked up on me a few times during branding while approaching a red light. This was my fault though, not the tires. Once they warmup though, they are awesome.
Wkderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
BBudensiek
Go Fast or Go Home

here is the tires im working with. I was planning on getting pilot road 2's for front and rear but for $175 i think this would be a hell of a deal possibly...

http://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/3386516013.html
Old 11-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #4
ridick_bowen
Stunt Rider

Bike: R6/R1 Hybrid

I'm currently run this in the rear. Great grip for wheelies in the lot. Very difficult to drift in.
Zeus Armor crash cage, sub-cage, stunt stay, subframe brace, R1 rectifier mod. ATC steel subframe & ATC 12 bar. Runman big rotor HB setup with r6 monoblock calipers. Stunter-X res clamp hose kit. Dented gas tank with HT moto grip. Kleen air mod. GPR steering damper. Brembo RCS 19 FB. SS brake lines. BMC air filter. JACO adjustable clip ons. Brembo 16x18 HB. 05 R1 front forks. 06 FZ-6 rear rotor. NGK plugs. DCP radiator cage. LP gas cap. Secondary radiator fan switch setup. Squidfighter tailsaver. Leo Vince CBR 250 exhaust. Custom hole in rear passenger seat. Naarden shark fin. 15/48t 520 gearing. CRG mirrors.
ridick_bowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #5
tfs32
I'd Flip it :popcorn:

Bike: 07 R6 09 R1 KTM EXC330
Mileage on a tire is subjective.....I have a set of Pirelli Dragon's on a track bike that I use to CR with, love the tire, I am about 6 seconds off of my race pace on them and had no worries, now which diablo is it? The street tire? Race tire? SP?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Thanks to my 2014 Sponsors
Pirelli - Good Grip Racing - Velocity Calibrations - Imo's Pizza
MCRA Expert GT #32
Follow me at https://www.facebook.com/TSpeckerracing
tfs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #6
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfs32 View Post
Mileage on a tire is subjective.....I have a set of Pirelli Dragon's on a track bike that I use to CR with, love the tire, I am about 6 seconds off of my race pace on them and had no worries, now which diablo is it? The street tire? Race tire? SP?

Tommy, you think you had to slow up on the dragons? They are so affordable right now it's unreal man. Sc1 front and Sc2 rear and I'm a happy camper on a traditional feeling and shaped race tire. It may be old technology, but they seem to last quite a bit. I run em on the Honda CBR1000RR on the street and they are awesome. I doubt they'd be good in this weather tho. :/

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #7
BBudensiek
Go Fast or Go Home

I asked him is they said corsa 3 ont he side or anythign and he said no all they say is diablo. So im guessing just the street tire
Old 11-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #8
BBudensiek
Go Fast or Go Home

i posted the craigslist link of them a few posts ago on here and there is some pics on there
Old 11-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #9
tfs32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Tommy, you think you had to slow up on the dragons? They are so affordable right now it's unreal man. Sc1 front and Sc2 rear and I'm a happy camper on a traditional feeling and shaped race tire. It may be old technology, but they seem to last quite a bit. I run em on the Honda CBR1000RR on the street and they are awesome. I doubt they'd be good in this weather tho. :/
Well it is not my bike that I cr on, and it's not set up for me. Had I had the proper springs, and everything that I like about my R1, I wound have been closer to that. However, IF I would have slapped on a set of cups I would have beat my race times on a bike not set up for me

MCRA Expert GT #32
Old 11-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #10
tfs32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBudensiek View Post
I asked him is they said corsa 3 ont he side or anythign and he said no all they say is diablo. So im guessing just the street tire
The corsa 3 is an old tire, it compares to the rosso 2 that is out now, it is a good tire for street riding and I put a few sets on customers bikes and they loved them. Pirelli tires don't get the best mileage on the street, but offer great grip!

MCRA Expert GT #32
Sponsored Links
Advertisement