» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 11-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: some stupid ones
Moving Forward. The time truly is now

After one of what seems to have been one of the most divisive elections in recent time, we all face a future together, regardless of who we voted for. I may not like who we have chosen to lead, and I may not be alone, but I'd like to bring attention to something important. The concept of we is important. The concept of unity. The concept of us. We have the ability to foster change. We can remedy societal ills. We can do many things, many amazing things, and while we can point to successes like putting a rover on Mars and building amazing cities, we haven't been able to solve some of the most basic issues, ones that are far greater in significance.

Am I to truly, whole-heartedly believe that the American spirit is being lost to a culture of apathy, where we give more of a fcuk about the next Iphone release date than doing our part to make sure our children are properly educated to face an ever more difficult world. Are we so far gone that we spend our efforts to watch Kim Kardashian on TV instead of doing our part to help keep our neighborhoods safe and clean?

This great nation has provided many opportunities to my family, friends, neighbors, and countrymen. We have collectively squandered countless opportunities in the name of instant self gratification, and the end result has not sustained us as the country we once were. This election is over, but at this time in our lives, we have a chance to do something remarkable, something that has been taken for granted and wasted. We have the chance to seize the opportunity to return America to its place at the top. All it takes is some will, some faith, and some work, or maybe more correctly, some working together.

I will leave you with the following clip. I have posted it before, but please, take the few minutes to watch it and let it sink in. We have become a nation of complacent watchers rather than ambitious doers. America is not the greatest country in the world anymore.....but it could be.

redisdeadrideblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
tdoss1980
nova r6

Bike: 05 r6 raven
Re: Moving Forward. The time truly is now

This is a great clip
2005 R6, Motodynamic Sequential Signals, Flush Smoke Front Turns, 6k Hid, Devil Racer Carbon Highmount Ceramic Coated Black, Ohlins Steering Dampener, Motovation No Cut Frame Sliders and Bar End Sliders, ASV Levers, Vortex Black Rearsets, K&N Air Filter, Factory Pro +4 Ignition Advancer, Superflare Vstacks, Graves Slide Stops, Graves Smog Block Offs, -1 520 Conversion with Driven Sprockets and DID Chain, Goodridge Shadow Brake Lines, Brembo CNC Calipers with Vesrah RJL Pads, Brembo 19x20 Master Cylinder, Zero Gravity Windscreen, Stompgrip Tank Pads, Gilles Chain adjusters with race lifters, NRC Powdercoated Racing Covers, HINSON SLIPPER CLUTCH, Vented Brakes Cooling System, Racetech Internals Front and Rear with Michelin Power Super Sports holding it to the road
tdoss1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdoss1980 View Post
This is a great clip
I would agree. I would say its one of the most significant statements made in quite some time, and a real reality check.

I don't know if its more distressing or depressing that less than 40% of eligible voters exercised their right to vote this time around. And of that, how many of them took the time to actually educate themselves on the issues, making them able to make informed decisions, not just pick a box or vote for who makes the best speech or follow the party line. We used to be better than that as a nation. There was a time when voting was something we cherished, not something we saw as too much work because you had to stand in line to do it. You dont even have to leave your house to vote now and still people dont vote.

Put down the remote for an hour or two every four years and open the voter guide. Its not just a right, its your civic duty.

But this is bigger than that. Its more important. Right now we have more opportunities than ever. The time is not now, the time has passed. We have a lot of ground to make up, regardless of whether we are red or blue or green, gay or straight, black or white. We can start with decency and respect, for each other and for ourselves. Are we so naive as to believe that change is going to come at the hands of a single man in a big white house in DC? Change starts within.....and the power to do it is within us all.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
babymilo36
Chairman Meow

Bike: Specialized Secteur

Always humbling to rewatch

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

babymilo36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
Vineyney
Was it as good for you?

Bike: Pearl White 04 R6
Epic

Sent from.. behind you
Vineyney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

It should NOT be humbling. It should be embarrassing. It should be inspiring. It should give us reason to put aside petty differences and focus on truly moving forward.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #7
pickpocket293
iRun

Bike: Sold off in pieces.

Things I am sick of explaining on this forum:
  • What's the difference between an R6 and an R6s? HERE
  • Should I start on a 600 or a 250? HERE
  • How do I ask the forum a question and actually get an answer? HERE
  • Where do I find a map for my Bazzaz? HERE
  • Should I get a 520 kit for MOA POWAH? HERE
  • How does rotating mass work? HERE
pickpocket293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #8
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

Wow, truly moving... Even for a short clip. I've never seen you post that before so thanks for sharing...

I for one, try and do even the smallest things throughout my day... Walking through a parking lot, mall, or even my own neighborhood I pick up trash others so carelessly toss without remorse. I say hello to my neighbors, every day I see them, yet rarely receive the same in return. Thank the mail man or UPS guy for my delivery. Shake the hand of any man/woman in any uniform, whether it be armed services, or stateside police officers and fire fighters. I hold the door for others, and help anyone I can around me... The morals and virtues this country was founded on, simple respect for those around you, has all be lost... It's truly sad... But I DO my part, that's really all anyone can do, not only better themselves, but better those around them... My generation seems to be full of those only interested in what THEY can get out of this world, when really, they could truly make a difference, and change other's lives, and the course of this country as a whole. Don't get me wrong, everyone should seek higher education, advance through a career, and be successful, but along the way, would it really hurt you to give back to those around you. Where this country is headed, regardless of it's leadership, truly scares me...

So the elections are over, and some are disappointed... That doesn't mean we can't still work towards being the greatest country in the world. WE are the people, the mass majority, and we can make a change! All it takes is a bit of effort... So be self-less, help out a stranger in need, do what you can and it will cause a ripple affect... From the pissed of clerk at the counter, to the person that cuts you off in traffic... You can be the person to help them see, it's not all bad... We've become a country of people expecting things to change, expecting results to land in our lap, without puting forth any effort ourselves... What will change if you don't make an effort to change it? The next guy, thinking the same thing... No...

We can be a beautiful country again... It just takes the effort, the will to change it...
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #9
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
Wow, truly moving... Even for a short clip. I've never seen you post that before so thanks for sharing...

I for one, try and do even the smallest things throughout my day... Walking through a parking lot, mall, or even my own neighborhood I pick up trash others so carelessly toss without remorse. I say hello to my neighbors, every day I see them, yet rarely receive the same in return. Thank the mail man or UPS guy for my delivery. Shake the hand of any man/woman in any uniform, whether it be armed services, or stateside police officers and fire fighters. I hold the door for others, and help anyone I can around me... The morals and virtues this country was founded on, simple respect for those around you, has all be lost... It's truly sad... But I DO my part, that's really all anyone can do, not only better themselves, but better those around them... My generation seems to be full of those only interested in what THEY can get out of this world, when really, they could truly make a difference, and change other's lives, and the course of this country as a whole. Don't get me wrong, everyone should seek higher education, advance through a career, and be successful, but along the way, would it really hurt you to give back to those around you. Where this country is headed, regardless of it's leadership, truly scares me...

So the elections are over, and some are disappointed... That doesn't mean we can't still work towards being the greatest country in the world. WE are the people, the mass majority, and we can make a change! All it takes is a bit of effort... So be self-less, help out a stranger in need, do what you can and it will cause a ripple affect... From the pissed of clerk at the counter, to the person that cuts you off in traffic... You can be the person to help them see, it's not all bad... We've become a country of people expecting things to change, expecting results to land in our lap, without puting forth any effort ourselves... What will change if you don't make an effort to change it? The next guy, thinking the same thing... No...

We can be a beautiful country again... It just takes the effort, the will to change it...
Agreed. This country is about more than a single individual, but the efforts of many single individuals can add up to a collective movement for real change, not just the shit you see on a campaign poster.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #10
- Raven -
I eat my R6

Bike: R6 BRUH

Eh.
- Raven - is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement