Gundam's 09 Track build : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Bike Build Forum

Old 11-12-2012, 03:27 AM   #1
Gundamzeppelin
Tons of juice. Crazyjuice

Bike: 13M1 Rep 05Aprila scooter
Gundam's 09 Track build

The beginning

Well I've been a member for a while I figured it's about time I made a progress thread... So I can be as cool as everyone else... My god the smell of cat shit ruins this moment for me.

It all began in 2010, a bit of back story.... Long story short my engagement went to pots she moved across country and I was depressed & I was faced with a choice become a drug addict or an adrenaline junkie...
I figured Motorcycles would be cheaper than a 8 ball of coke a week... I was wrong.

I spent many years in The Game.. In a way I was like a drug dealer instead of slinging rocks I slinged movie props. I made a few pretty penny's and had some sweet swag. I decided I needed a change. High end movie props are like politics if you are in the wrong party you are screwed and bitter rivalry's last years. If someone blacklisted you it effected who would do business with you.

I wanted out, I needed a more positive hobby.. Some how I wound up back at my first love Motorcycles than boobies. Growing up poor the dream of being a racer was Impossible HELL a decent lunch was a stretch so I gave up on that at the age of 13.

Now as an adult in arrested development I was able to change this. So I went to the bank they told me no on a loan I couldn't afford a motorcycle..
I looked the lady in the eye and said fine I'll pay in cash all at once.

I sold one of my most beloved works my 1979 Darth vader ANH Replica suit with parts cast from movie molds or total sourced real world pieces 5 years of research and my life went into this suit. I still miss it, but all it did was collect dust on a display.

I walk into the dealership and ask them between the 1098, 848, R1 & R6 which one am I least likely to die on? The owner said "The R6" So I took it. I liked it the most anyway for some reason.
The ladies love cowboy boots

I was told motorcycles are chick magnets... The man who said this is a liar I had two GF's dump me back to back over the bike.
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk.
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

^petrol_spice^ RIP Mulciber, BallistiK,GhostR6
'Any crash you can walk away from is a good one."
launchpad McQuack

Last edited by Gundamzeppelin; 11-12-2012 at 03:40 AM.
Gundamzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 03:27 AM   #2
Gundamzeppelin

Re: Gundam's 09 Track build

The visual Mods phase

We all go through it, when your need to "Ball" is too powerful to be ignored!
I wont lie the Swag is strong in this one.

My first order of business was to get a rear stand make working on the bike easier...being a "noob" I picked up one of the cheap stands a member here pointed me too..

If you see this red stand stay far away from it! they are now sold on fleabay they break easy!

next order of business being a noob and cheap *****ing up your wind screen.
"You always get what you pay for with motorcycle related stuff"

Well Rim tape is cheap and sweet so I take that last statement back.

Next up the infamous Halo mod from the now debunked Kryptonblubs.
This is one of the only visual mods I don't feel I wasted money on.
It's still more badass than Don Johnson durring Mami Vice! or magnum P.I

This thing....I wont lie I know I needed it, BUT I didn't know how to use it when I saw numbers flicker on the screen I knew I was on the right track!

After a few blown fuses and a few shocks It was alive with new eyes.
(Surly this would get me laid!)

JOHNNY 5 Is ALIVE!

The bikes first winter sleep. Changed oil, clean chain stabil in the tank.
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

launchpad McQuack

Last edited by Gundamzeppelin; 11-12-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:04 AM   #3
Gundamzeppelin

Spring of 2011.
I had been a full member of the R6-forum for a year & my Squid levels were dropping rapidly, but the swag was still strong in me.

I picked up a 3rd eye from Tripage leds... I wont lie I did it for the knight rider
a puig windscreen to replace my totally ****ed sliver one.

Skrillex please assist me in a beat drop!

Ditched the fleabay tankpad for Skurk's stuff

Also picked up the new at the time Tech Spec C3's

Some bull's eye vinyl decals... At this point I was getting over the visual mods & leaning toward performance & more protective gear.
Hunter S. Thompson
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

launchpad McQuack
Old 11-12-2012, 04:32 AM   #4
Gundamzeppelin

Gear
My HJC FS-15... as faithful as it was, this helmet sucked ass. Ben Spies is a monster talent to win anything in this horrid helmet! If I checked behind me the wind drag damn near nipped my head off.

Ridersdiscount always seemed to have inane prices on the forum so I scooped up a Shoei RF-1100 Warlord

Night and Day over the HJC, light weight, comfortable, beautiful gloss finish, nothing cheap about it! AND I can look behind me without feeling as if I am being hung from a belt in my closet while wearing women's clothes beating off like David carradine.

You always get what you pay for with motorcycle gear... Unless you are pickpocket than "Only suckers pay retail!"

I was so pleased with Ridersdiscount I than picked up the Alpinstars GP pro gloves Which were tight as rabbit shit, but they broke in over time. A decent glove for the price, but the palm wore in pretty easy....Over all VS what I was using this was a step up.

and The Alpinestars track pants. I will give an honest review of the A* gear. The track pants were horrid even a size up they were tighter than the American budget! just sitting on the bike was uncomfortable, but not knowing any better I assumed this was a good thing. Wrong! These pants limited my riding ability to no end

Never will I buy Alpinestars gear again! They outsource their work to china & Vietnam... it really shows....that and the label told me so. Seriously if you can afford better than A* do yourself a favor and pay the extra cash. But also remember "Only suckers pay retail."

Sidi vortice. I will sum them up like this I will wear no other boot, but Sidi's unless I am paid to do so! I don't have any pictures of the boots on hand so this VLC shot from my cam mount falling off the bike will have to do.
Hunter S. Thompson
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

launchpad McQuack

Last edited by Gundamzeppelin; 12-21-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:19 AM   #5
Gundamzeppelin

My last mod before the end of the 2011 Season was the Termignoni GP slip on. To some it was the holy grail, A piece of the glory days of Rossi Yamaha to others an exhaust of a bygone era. For me it was a sweet piece to a puzzle I planned on finishing also the price was right!

Loved the look and the sound in idle with the stock headers, but without a full system it is barley noticeable and the loss of low end power is a wee bit disheartening.

As you can see the Tech spec's are being ripped to bits, I noticed as I wear leathers every ride & my body position was more aggressive I began destroying the tank grips. But tec spec was cool and sent me a new set free of charge with a key chain.

Spring 2012 the hunt for a track

My season started off with me pretty much gun hoe to hit NJMP with friends I hate being alone. I had reached the point were I was at the limit of what I could learn with street riding. Within reason.

Unfortunately I had a GF at the time & I was pissing away money...

To add insult to injury my Wasten Designs turn signals ate it hard one morning. But the owner was awesome and set me a new set! free of charge now that is good business!

After another failed relationship I.E I was ditched for someone else.... wish I knew it was coming I'd have spent more money on the bike! This wouldn't have happened if I knew of The D.E.N.N.I.S System sooner!!

Now newly single I had some money again, it was time to..."treat yourself 2011"

I picked up a set of Dunlop Q2's from Ridersdiscount Fantastic tire! Heats up well, turns in like a dream I still haven't pushed these to their limit I'm still not 100% sure where the edge on these tires are.

I knew where the edge was on the stock tires, I had gone over a few times Hunter S. Thompson would be proud of me. Had he not blown his brains out.

I could only imagine what he would say if he witnessed me crash. "My boy that was thee finest crash I've ever seen! The way you pissed yourself in mid flight it was sheer poetry."

I saved enough money for a trip to NJMP june 27 & 28 with Lee, Cheif, shadows & the gang, but unfortunately the mustangs brake lines shit the bed.
and renting a van was around 200 dollars or more in and of it's self...
I missed out on NJMP. It was a sad day.

So my days were spent cannon carving with local track guys I knew, but this began to feel unsafe for me, due to people dying on the very road we would hit almost weekly.

Later in the summer season a track was revealed to be opening in my area an hour away. NYsafety track A game changer! Now instead of planing for maybe one or two track days for 2013 I could go monthly! At the very least (More chances to kill myself GENIUS sign me up!)

This lit a fire under my ass.
Hunter S. Thompson
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

launchpad McQuack

Last edited by Gundamzeppelin; 11-12-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:21 AM   #6
babymilo36
Occupy Central

Bike: 2014 Grom

AWESOME, Chazz! Also LOL at asking which one you were most likely to die on I'm a big fan of your bike, especially with that Termi pipe

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:34 AM   #7
Gundamzeppelin

The Track build

Ditched my driven Skullys for Renthol grips

Picked up MJS headers for a decent price

I know I need a coolant flush.

ECU sent off to be flashed by Bauce racing.

AGG Smog block off plates

Woodcraft, buying the rightside today.

Ex-up removed finally.
Hunter S. Thompson
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

launchpad McQuack

Last edited by Gundamzeppelin; 11-13-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:39 AM   #8
Gundamzeppelin

New leathers RS-Tai Chi GP-Max R100.... Good bye A*

Yes I am in love with this suit. My balls feel all shiny & smooth as eggs when I rock this!

Hunter S. Thompson
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

launchpad McQuack

Last edited by Gundamzeppelin; 11-13-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:41 AM   #9
My94GT
Premium Member

this shit is just too funny this early in the morning. hopefully youll make it to NJMP some time next season.

sig by milko
my build thread-
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152740
My94GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:43 AM   #10
Gundamzeppelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
AWESOME, Chazz! Also LOL at asking which one you were most likely to die on I'm a big fan of your bike, especially with that Termi pipe
safety first I always say. Unless it comes to women and drugs than I say.
"Don't say no if a whore offers you blow"

It means a lot coming form you and your sick ride. My goal is to rip you off to tell the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My94GT View Post
this shit is just too funny this early in the morning. hopefully youll make it to NJMP some time next season.
I figure My track build should reflect my personality... A bit wacky and random.
Also I figure do a few track locally so I can go to NJMP & be in the same group as you fast bastards.
Btw, A bat just crashed into my window a seriously holy shit moment
Hunter S. Thompson
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

launchpad McQuack

Last edited by Gundamzeppelin; 11-12-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement