» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 12-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
|/3|\|0|\/|
Dirt track racing!

Bike: 2008 YZF R6 LE
Cops can be funny..long story

So..to start this off, I would like to share my last night's personal experience with a city police officer. Getting it out of the way: fcuk the police, and cool story bro.

I figured I would share this with you people, tell me what you think. Kinda long, sorry. Last night I was with a group of friends, we all had work the next day. Meaning, we split off pretty early and went home for sleep. I took my girlfriend home, and my close friend home whose car has recently broke down.

I drove through a newly installed roundabout, and past a newly built building before going to my last stop. On the way home, I noticed on my gps that the roundabout wasn't there, along with the road to the new big building. I took the road, and went through the parking lot to see this new building. For that reason, and to see what the gps would think I was doing

This thing is fcuking huge! It is like a super Walmart, only much larger. I pulled up to the main entrance in my truck, and looked in. Newly completed, but empty inside. Like some futuristic high tech science lab. Everything was white, white walls and floor tiles, white metal ceiling, and some fancy led lighting. New huge, smooth, and unpainted lot too. It would be a perfect area for stunting, or drifting around

As I was looking in, I noticed a car driving down the road, not stopping for the sign, and into the lot at a pretty good speed. Well over the 30mph posted limit. I kind of laughed to myself, wondering who this could be. Keep in mind this was minutes before 11PM, so it was really dark and hard to see anything but a big ass glowing white building.

Anyways, when the car started coming at me, I knew something was up. When he was about 10 car-lengths away, I knew it was a cop. He pulled up next to me, drivers side to drivers side..with a window down, and a really mad look. I looked over, and opened the window, and said "What's up, sir?"

He replied saying "Just what in the hell do you think you are doing out here, young man?!" Keep in mind, I am just over 18, and don't really look THAT young anymore haha

I said back "Well, I'm just checking out this huge new building. What is it gonna be?"

He says "Like hell you are. You can't be hanging out here, and you need to leave immediately. You can't be doing this, or there will be trouble."

I replied with "I am not bullshitting you sir. Do you think I am going to park and hang out here by myself?"

He said "I don't know who you are, can you step out of the vehicle and let me see some ID?"

I said "Certainly, but you are going to have to move so I can open my door man." Followed by me laughing. He pulled around, and parked on the other side. Then he came up, and had me step out. I gave him my license, and some insurance cards. He asked if I had anything in the car, and I told him I had a box of 12 gauge shells from last week, but no gun or anything else.

He went back to his car, and came back in a few seconds. He gave me my stuff back, and I said "What is the problem here, officer?"

He asked "What really, are you doing here?"

I told him I had just taken my buddy home, and just saw this new place. I said I wanted to see what it was, especially since it wasn't on gps. I took the gps off the window, and showed him. I followed that by asking why he had done this, and what for.

He told my I was "being suspicious, and things could be a lot worse for me right now."

I said "How so, I am doing nothing. I spoke to you first, and you never even turned the lights on. I bet you never called this in to dispatch either."

That was a bit sassy, but he had gotten me into a curiously bad mood. The cop gave me a bad look, and I said "You are a city cop, right?"

He told me he was, and stated saying some other stuff about when the building was started under construction. He told me to leave, and something about not being out here again.

I said in a slightly mean tone "You probably aren't within your jurisdiction limits then if you are a city cop. My gps says city limits don't start for at least another 5 miles. I also gotta ask before I leave, why you blew through that stop sign on the way here. You looked like you were moving pretty good back there."

He got really mad, and said "I never sped through a stop sign, and I have the right to pull any vehicle over at any point."

I interrupted, and said "Yeah, I understand. You didn't pull me over though. I would also like to see your dashcam, and see what happened back there." Followed by sarcastic laughing.

He said "Listen kid, I can't deal with this nonsense. I have a call to help with, and need to get going." He said some other stuff, and told me to leave immediately.

I said "Sure, have a good night then.", and left. He got in his car, and followed me back to town. I pulled into a burger king to get a triple stacker, and he drove by slowly..but kept going. After the burger, I went back to my place. Haven't seen a cop since.

That was a big wall of text. Damn.

Not really sure why some cops are like this. He really made an of himself for absolutely no reason. I understand why he could have been suspicious, and everything else..but seriously? I have nothing on my personal record, never pulled over..never warned. This was my first bad experience with a cop, and now I hope my last. I checked with the local courthouse today after work to see if anything was on record, nothing. She told me she can get official documents of my record in a few weeks if I pay, but nothing showed up.

I still respect their duty and authority, but it just showed me a real life situation of how douchey and power abusive they can be. Maybe someone here will get something from this, or at least a laugh. Thought it was pretty interesting and eye-opening, and at least worth the 15mins of typing it out to share with yall.

Last edited by |/3|\|0|\/|; 12-01-2012 at 10:58 PM.
|/3|\|0|\/| is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 11:10 PM   #2
BigShepp
Tron has corrupted me

Bike: 2005 R6 Raven "Deimos"
Since you seem to have been introduced to the world of bad cops, go check out copblock.org

Lots of good stuff there about how to deal with the police.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Proverbs 14:23

“Faster, Faster, Until The Thrill Of Speed Overcomes The Fear Of Death.”
Hunter S. Thompson

"It wasn't until I went to college and I got my first motorcycle that I understood the thrill of speed."
Vin Diesel
BigShepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #3
TinyDancer
Resident Bulgarian

Bike: '12 R6
Re: Cops can be funny..long story

Meow that all seems normal to me.

KCCO
TinyDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
|/3|\|0|\/|
Dirt track racing!

Bike: 2008 YZF R6 LE

I can deal with them half way decently, but always could use some work. Will check that site out Shepp!

I'd hate to see how that would/could have went down had I been driving my '70 Challenger project, or riding the R6. Young punk driving something "fast" might have made it just that much worse lmao
|/3|\|0|\/| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:57 PM   #5
BigShepp
Tron has corrupted me

Bike: 2005 R6 Raven "Deimos"
Quote:
Originally Posted by |/3|\|0|\/| View Post
I can deal with them half way decently, but always could use some work. Will check that site out Shepp!

I'd hate to see how that would/could have went down had I been driving my '70 Challenger project, or riding the R6. Young punk driving something "fast" might have made it just that much worse lmao
Ehhhh maybe. If you know your rights and you aren't doing anything illegal, which you weren't, then they can't do squat.

I made sure my R6 is 100% street legal, down to the spacing on the turn signals, so anytime I get pulled over I know it isn't for some BS excuse.

Definitely check out the site. There are quite a few descriptions of how to deal with cops to protect your rights.

Proverbs 14:23

“Faster, Faster, Until The Thrill Of Speed Overcomes The Fear Of Death.”
Hunter S. Thompson

"It wasn't until I went to college and I got my first motorcycle that I understood the thrill of speed."
Vin Diesel
BigShepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:33 AM   #6
LiveFastDieLast
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 09 R6

I have had my fair share of being pulled over for "Routine" checks for nothing.
Best one was long winded like yours just this past summer, but actually got to the point of the cop questing my about the colour of my car to the registration. Which was still original. but he was convinced it didn't look the how it was listed. Even checked the VIN to compare. He was fishing hard for something and got nothing.
Must have been the Plastic Gold Elvis shades that distorted his vision.
No ticket and one ego broken City Cop....

Keep your Knees in the Breeze
"Only two types of Whiskey I don't like, Dick and Throttle" - A Wise Man.
LiveFastDieLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #7
TheJokester3
A work in progress...

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyDancer View Post
Meow that all seems normal to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2007r6 View Post
"I refuse to tip toe through life to arrive safely at deaths door".
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
There is more to squidliness than just your gear.
Build Thread
TheJokester3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #8
TheCult
I eat my R6

At least you didn't fall victim to racial profiling while being pulled over.... While walking

TheCult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
pickpocket293
iRun

Bike: Sold off in pieces.

TL;DR.

cliffs?

Things I am sick of explaining on this forum:
  • What's the difference between an R6 and an R6s? HERE
  • Should I start on a 600 or a 250? HERE
  • How do I ask the forum a question and actually get an answer? HERE
  • Where do I find a map for my Bazzaz? HERE
  • Should I get a 520 kit for MOA POWAH? HERE
  • How does rotating mass work? HERE
pickpocket293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #10
lopez95632
candy red

Bike: 07 r6s
Send a message via MSN to lopez95632

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpocket293 View Post
TL;DR.

cliffs?
Op was at a non completed Wal-Mart because his GPS didn't sh.ow the road on the screen so he found it interesting to be there.

Cop comes and talks to him

Op talks back with some smart talk

They both leave and op goes to bk.
Advertisement