» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 12-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
lopez95632
candy red

Bike: 07 r6s
Send a message via MSN to lopez95632
looks like im f'd

Not trying to jump to conclusions, but im expecting the worst but praying for the best. couple of weeks ago I hurt my back at work. I went to sleep sore, and woke up with a horrible pain shooting from my mid back to my lower ribs. I couldn't even get out of bed it hurt so bad. I told my girl to get me some pain meds. she returned with two pills, i took them and went back to sleep. Now its 4 weeks later and the doctor finally gave the OK to come back to work. Im about to clock in when my boss calls me into the office and asks me to call the office where i got my drug test done at so they can release the results and that i cant work untill they get them. I agree and call. I give the receptionist my info then she passes the call to the doctor

doctor: Mr. lopez
me: yes?
doctor: i have a couple questions for ya. did you take anything for pain?
me: the morning before i came in when it was at its worst i did. i took two pain relievers
doctor: ok, well you came up positive for codein and i can't release a clean drug test untill i get a pharmacy letter stating they were for you.

turns out I don't have any prescriptions under my name for tylenol with codein. I was in so much pain i couldnt get out of bed to even get my own medicine. When my GF got up to get me something, she gave me her medicine that she recieved from a doctor for a real bad sprained ankle. Looks like im real fcuked now.

cliff notes

-hurt my back at work
-was given tylenol with codein by gf to help with pain.
-pissed dirty
-doctor is asking for proof of medicine
-dont have anything with codein under my name.
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
smalltrack
scared of big tracks

Bike: 07 R6, 09 R1
Re: looks like im f'd

Damn! Try maybe telling your employer the truth so he/she hears it from you rather than the Doc?
smalltrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
NeZbot
Errybody Dougie

Bike: 2008 R6
Why the fawk did they drug test you? That doesn't make sense to me at all. Good luck, hopefully you can talk your way out of it.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #4
lopez95632
candy red

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzpolskix View Post
Damn! Try maybe telling your employer the truth so he/she hears it from you rather than the Doc?
I called my manager before i called the doc and explained it to him. he said " I dont know why your calling me if its not my decision. call the doc and tell him and they will send it to corprate and they will make the decision."

I spoke to the doctor and he has to claim it as it is. He said he will mark it as positive for codein and give the explanation i gave him. Im really hoping i dont lose my job.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
R6_350z
Living The Dream

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6

what exactly was wrong with your back?? and if i were you i would explain the excruciating pain, bring in wifes pills and say you didnt have any alternative to cope with the pain you were going through at the time and you didnt think of anything when you took the pills besides getting rid of the pain. You have a legitimate reason as to why you took pain medications. I really dont know what the outcome is though unless your boss is a douche nozzle

hope everything goes well for you bro

edit:well guess you can just hope for the best if you have a good job maybe hire an attorney if stuff goes bad??

MODS
- Shogun FS- Zero Gravity DB - Custom FE - Hot Bodies Flush Mounts - MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light - Supersprox -1+2 - Taylormade Full Exhaust - PCV - OURY Grips - Corbin Seat - Ebay Shorty Levers

-Future Mods-
-Translogic MicroDash-Projectors-ASV Levers-GYTR Solo Seat- Bright Gold Carrozzeria Rims........

2011 ice silver metallic Audi A4
2004 350z(sold )

sig thanks to GIJoe007

Last edited by R6_350z; 12-05-2012 at 10:06 AM.
R6_350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
lopez95632
candy red

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeZbot View Post
Why the fawk did they drug test you? That doesn't make sense to me at all. Good luck, hopefully you can talk your way out of it.
since it was a work injury they had to. company policy. Ive never smoked, done ANY kind of drugs or anything in my life. heck, I never touched a ounce of alcohol untill i was 21. This just really, really sucks. It was one of the worst pains ive ever felt.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #7
Krutoydiesel
she drops it low

Bike: SOLD-2011 Yamaha R6 Raven

that doctor is a douche, take another test if thats possible?

but yea tell your boss possibly,
Modified 05 Headers
Modified Devil Rocket CF slip on
Block off plates-AggRacing
6k HIDs-AggRacing
Bauce Flashed ECU-Bauce Racing
BMC Race Filter-Bauce Racing
Reservoir Socks-Slowboy
CF Triple tree cover-SKUR

Future-
Shermans levers...
Krutoydiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #8
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Bike: 2012 R6
That's ****ed up.

Best wishes to you man.... Hope everything comes out ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

bluerebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #9
lopez95632
candy red

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6_350z View Post
what exactly was wrong with your back?? and if i were you i would explain the excruciating pain, bring in wifes pills and say you didnt have any alternative to cope with the pain you were going through at the time and you didnt think of anything when you took the pills besides getting rid of the pain. You have a legitimate reason as to why you took pain medications. I really dont know what the outcome is though unless your boss is a douche nozzle

hope everything goes well for you bro
I pulled a muscle in my back and strained a lower rib. it was also hard to breath. it hurt to laph, sneeze, cough and take big breaths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutoydiesel View Post
that doctor is a douche, take another test if thats possible?

but yea tell your boss possibly,
Ill take a test anyday of the week. Im not scared nor have i ever been to piss in a cup. it sucks knowing so much goes on in that place and the clean guy gets the shit hand of the stick.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #10
Ryan5544
Suk it, Lee

I'm sure who ever makes that decision will come through with a bit of leniency.

I mean shit, it's not like you were crushing some sizzurp -- Just a little Tylenol.
Ryan5544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement