Got hit last night.....Went down : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 12-07-2012, 04:38 AM   #1
Darthteddy
Box of Lube

Bike: 2007 R6
Got hit last night.....Went down

Well last night as I was on my way home from work I got hit. It was about 5:30 so Traffic was completely stopped In all 5 lanes of the 5 North bound. I was splitting lanes between the car pool lane and the lefthand most lane. For those unfamiliar with Cali the line set up is one white line and 4 yellow lines between the carpool lane and the rest of traffic. | C ||| || LL |

I was riding about 15 mph. A guy in the carpool lane saw an opening in the left lane of traffic and decided to make an illegal turn over the 4 yellow lines and the white line without looking or even putting on a turn signal. . So he cut his wheel and floored it as I was rigggggght next to him.

So he clipped my left rear with his right front bumper. The bike and I went down on the right side and went for a slide. Thank god for the slow traffic and the gap he was trying to get into. I hit the ground with my right shoulder and proceeded to slide about 20 yards, The bike slid a good ways past me before hitting another car. The first part was on my pack and then I rolled a few times. Once I got up, I felt over myself. My right shoulder was killing me but nothing else felt too terrible. I hobbled over and picked up the 6 and got it on the kickstand. Gave it a look over. Slliders did their job great. All my plastics except my upper tail looked fine. Gas tank paint got fubar too but it ended up much better then I would have thought.

Then I wandered over to find out who hit me. I told him to follow me to the shoulder and to clear traffic. I got the bike started and rode it to the side of the road. It felt ok.. Maybe a clip on got bent. Didnt get a good look. At this point my shoulder was killing me and I couldnt move my arm. Guy gets out and asks me if I can ride home or if He could call someone for me. I was like yea the ****ing cops.

Fire dept came. Helped me get all my gear off. (PITA) Nothing other then my shoulder and a scraped knee. Cop gets there and asks me to explain the situation. Ambulance comes and off to the hospital I went. Bike got towed to god knows where. Xrays revealed I shattered my right Clavical.

Could have been much worse. I was wearing all my gear + lots of warming layers. Got a good size hole im my jacket and layers plus my knee. Whatever. Helmet did great, didnt crack but lots of scraping. Im just glad im ok for the most part, and that the bike is only cosmetics. Ill update this with pictures when I find the bike.

Build Thread
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showt...=1#post2895049
Darthteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 04:44 AM   #2
radiostar
make it a double

Bike: 2011 gsxr600
Re: Got hit last night.....Went down

Shiiiiiiitty that you busted your clavicle. That takes quite a while to heal. Heres to a fast recovery and some compensation from buddy!

Looking forward to the bike pics. Get well dude.

"Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it." -Augustine

radiostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:48 AM   #3
R6Runner21
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: Yamaha R6 and Honda CBR
Sorry to Hear that ..I got clip fours days ago ..Some crazy Bitch on her phone texting .The bad part of r the story I saw texting few miles Back ..ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1354884429.657297.jpgImageUploadedByMotorcycle1354884473.702233.jpgImageUploadedByMotorcycle1354884524.302440.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
R6Runner21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:58 AM   #4
Thecca
Laugh now, cry later

Bike: 03 R6, 04 Z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6Runner21 View Post
Sorry to Hear that ..I got clip fours days ago ..Some crazy Bitch on her phone texting .The bad part of r the story I saw texting few miles Back ..Attachment 87303Attachment 87304Attachment 87305

Bitches on road + Cellphone = accident. Not trying to be cheezy but...

It's became illegal since mid 2012 here. (Because of some retards that don't know how to use it, we all pay for them)

Old bike : YZF-R6
MJS shorty slip-on, K&N filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj-Agwa View Post
why when i put the straight pipe on a i rev it to like 5 or greater RPM the bike turns off??
Dafuq?

Last edited by Thecca; 12-07-2012 at 05:06 AM.
Thecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:02 AM   #5
R6Runner21
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: Yamaha R6 and Honda CBR
Lol ..then you she tell me I should be care next time ..I wanted rip her head off ...

R6Runner21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:21 AM   #6
theturtle7023
Theturtle7023

Bike: 2007 R6S, 2007 R6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6Runner21 View Post
Lol ..then you she tell me I should be care next time ..I wanted rip her head off ...

Lets start over, and this time speak english.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:45 AM   #7
smalltrack
scared of big tracks

Bike: 07 R6, 09 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by theturtle7023 View Post
Lets start over, and this time speak english.

Holy fark are people lazy these days with their writing.

OP - Glad you're still around to tell the story. Hope you heal up quick and get back on the scooter.
smalltrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:53 AM   #8
Darthteddy
Box of Lube

Bike: 2007 R6

Im by no means looking for legal advice, but do any of you have experience with how this type of situation has worked out for you in regards to who was found at fault?

Build Thread
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showt...=1#post2895049
Darthteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:12 AM   #9
Mario J
I can ban you

Bike: 2013 GRB STi
Send a message via AIM to Mario J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthteddy View Post
Im by no means looking for legal advice, but do any of you have experience with how this type of situation has worked out for you in regards to who was found at fault?
I was in a very similar accident in July... I was lane sharing in the carpool lane and someone in lane 2 jumped into me. I rear ended the guy in front of me because of it. The guy that hit me didn't put his signal light on and definitely didn't check twice or else he would have seen me next to him. CHP/insurance found him at fault (he was from LA ). Luckily all I had was major bruising on my knees and back. I actually just got my checks in yesterday.

I <3
Mario J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:15 AM   #10
aleithauser
Speedy Claxton

Bike: '07 R6
Send a message via AIM to aleithauser

Since lane sharing is legal, you should have no issues and it shouldnt have to result in lawyers. Insurance should take care of you. Heal up man, glad you're alright.
aleithauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement