» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 12-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
BigShepp
Tron has corrupted me

Bike: 2005 R6 Raven "Deimos"
Gun Control as it relates to recent events.

Alright gentlemen, in respect of what has happened recently, I think a discussion on gun control and gun violence is in order.

I created this separately from the shooting thread so as not to politicize it.

I'll start with my views. One gun in the hand on one teacher could have prevented that entire shooting. Twenty a shooting was prevented in a mall by a CCW carrier. Guns save lives, and gun control kills. Just a quick summary there, but I'll be happy to explain any of those claims.

What are y'all's views?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Proverbs 14:23

“Faster, Faster, Until The Thrill Of Speed Overcomes The Fear Of Death.”
Hunter S. Thompson

"It wasn't until I went to college and I got my first motorcycle that I understood the thrill of speed."
Vin Diesel
BigShepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
wutsup
Yeah Science!

Bike: gixxer chrome edition
Re: Gun Control as it relates to recent events.

I say we ban all things that kill people.
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.
wutsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #3
Devsterman
Premium Member

Bike: Charcoal '07

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutsup View Post
I say we ban all things that kill people.
Everything causes cancer in Cali. Does this mean we blow up California?

I am anti-control. I do believe that more people with guns will deter acts of violence. Even if not, casualties would be far less if someone had something to defend with.

It's better to have one and not need it than need it and not have one.
-1/+2, OURY Grips, Shermoto Levers, SKUR Triple Cover, OhioYJ Flashed ECU, Lamin-X Headlight Tint, AGG HIDs, Motodynamic Integrated Taillight, BMC Filter, ZG Double Bubble Windscreen, HotBodies Flushmounts, T-Rex Sliders/Spools/Bar Ends (Slow drop tested ), Competition Werkes LTD FE, GYTR Carbon Can, Bullseye Vinyls
Devsterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
Shawn3210
I eat my R6

Bike: 2009 R6

Agreed, a teach with a ccw would of ended this right there with little to no life loss. The area the school was in was a gun free zone.....I think tougher restriction wouldn't do anything. The gun he used were legal....he took it from his parents.

Making tougher laws only affect those people who abide by them....like drugs, it's illegal yet people still use it.
CVMA #143

Faceboooooook
Shawn3210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #5
Shawn3210
I eat my R6

Just my opinion though....Govt. probably going to restrict guns even more now. When guns aren't the issue. Parenting, mental health, school security should be the main issues.
CVMA #143

Faceboooooook
Old 12-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #6
wutsup
Yeah Science!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devsterman View Post
Everything causes cancer in Cali. Does this mean we blow up California?

I am anti-control. I do believe that more people with guns will deter acts of violence. Even if not, casualties would be far less if someone had something to defend with.

I saw your ninja edit, sneaky sneaky. . Yes blow up California. I'm jealous of the weather.
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #7
Shawn3210
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutsup View Post
I saw your ninja edit, sneaky sneaky. . Yes blow up California. I'm jealous of the weather.
Sitting outside on my balcony in shorts
CVMA #143

Faceboooooook
Old 12-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #8
wutsup
Yeah Science!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn3210 View Post
Just my opinion though....Govt. probably going to restrict guns even more now. When guns aren't the issue. Parenting, mental health, school security should be the main issues.
Most likely, unfortunately.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #9
jdmatara
Just wadd on it.

Bike: '03 R6, '74 cb360 cafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devsterman View Post
Amen. I feel we (non-criminal, sane people) should be allowed to carry a weapon wherever we choose. There are always exceptions obviously. In general though, guns kill people with guns. Gotta fight fire with fire.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #10
Ryan5544
Suk it, Lee

I don't believe everyone needs to be a god damn hero. What is everyone SO terrified of all the time that they need to have a fcuking lethal weapon strapped to their belt all the time. If you're carrying a gun, I wouldn't doubt you'd be MUCH more likely to jump straight to resorting to that weapon, before even calling the police (what's the point in having police at this point?), over a simple robbery. Is someone's life that much more important than your wallet? Yes yes, "they could have a gun as well" - right, but probably not, if they were more difficult to get. I've been robbed a few times in my life. Not once have I been worried about being shot.

I simply can't fathom how someone can say its a good idea to bring guns into school, either. I'd like to hear a teaching from the states opinion on that though, not just some random guy. Maybe it's a good idea, probably not.

There IS an argument that, if 1 teacher had a gun it could have been prevented, so on.

If said teacher pulled a gun on said nut job, it also could have potentially been a lot worse. Not to say what happened wasn't unbelievably horrible, but it could have been a lot worse as well.

So, I don't know that this "if someone there would have been armed", angle of the argument is really THAT valid.

My opinion.

Don't know what the laws are exactly in that state are, but that aside... Seriously... Some of the U.S gun laws are fcuking bizarre.

I'm not saying they should be banned. Im all for hunting, leisure, what have you.. Maybe just stricter laws, and more severe punishment for having something somewhere you shouldn't. Or something.

Is what it is, someone much smarter than I I'm sure is in charge of that, just seems... Kind of insane that a nation needs to be so terrified of the next guy, that they need to be ready to take someone's life at any time.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Ryan5544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement