Tire Warmers?? : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
Dossy600
Keep Sliding
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 52
Bike: R6 Trackbike
Tire Warmers??

Since i got my track bike few weeks ago im slowly picking up few extra bits that i will need, Next thing now is trying to pick up a set of tire warmers,

Im just looking for advice on what Brand of warmers to pick up, I only plan on doing track days so dont wanna spend massive money but at the same time....buy cheap buy twice

Let me know what ye think
Dossy600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
NorthShoreR6S
My Power band is blue
 
NorthShoreR6S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,283
Bike: 2009 sold,2008 R6 pink
Talk to chief at BAUCE racing. He is Chiefsmokedawg on here. He will set you up with the best option for the best deal.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
__________________
I need a new sig, Can someone make me one please?
NorthShoreR6S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
Dossy600
Keep Sliding
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 52
Bike: R6 Trackbike
Re: Tire Warmers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthShoreR6S View Post
Talk to chief at BAUCE racing. He is Chiefsmokedawg on here. He will set you up with the best option for the best deal.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Cheers mate
Dossy600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
mercenary
When in doubtThrottle out
 
mercenary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 4,527
Bike: Under Construction
Re: Tire Warmers??

Woodcraft from Chief are definitely a good set for a good price.

If you aren't looking to spend a lot on a set of warmers for general trackday use, I've seen people getting good use out of MJ Moto warmers.
__________________
2009 YZF-R6
2010 Ninja 250

MCRA/CCS#81
mercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
maddagascar
I eat my R6
 
maddagascar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,002
I'm currently running Woodcrafts on a set of Bstone R10's. They are awesome and i love the quick disconnect cord feature. It even comes in a cool little duffle bag.

Some other members i know run IRC and some even have Cap-It warmers.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
__________________
2013 Sponsors: Spy+, Amsoil Racing, Keyport, Geared Up Moto, Woodcraft, Armour Bodies GoPro, Braking


Build Thread: http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184217
maddagascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #6
S3aturnR
track junkie
 
S3aturnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 2,079
Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6
Re: Tire Warmers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dossy600 View Post
Since i got my track bike few weeks ago im slowly picking up few extra bits that i will need, Next thing now is trying to pick up a set of tire warmers,

Im just looking for advice on what Brand of warmers to pick up, I only plan on doing track days so dont wanna spend massive money but at the same time....buy cheap buy twice

Let me know what ye think
moto-d warmers. $200, which includes insurance in case you burn up a set within the first 2 years, they will replace 1 time for free.

can't beat that deal and the warmers are decent. i've used a set all season (after i burned a set up by not paying attention and got them replaced).


s3aturnr
__________________
...the 3 is silent
2009 yamaha r6
i give up...
S3aturnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #7
babymilo36
Occupy Central

 
babymilo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 34,003
Bike: 2014 Grom
Re: Tire Warmers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3aturnR View Post
moto-d warmers. $200, which includes insurance in case you burn up a set within the first 2 years, they will replace 1 time for free.

can't beat that deal and the warmers are decent. i've used a set all season (after i burned a set up by not paying attention and got them replaced).


s3aturnr
Agreed. You can also search on forums like weraclassifieds.com for a used set of Chicken Hawx or other brands.
__________________


CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
shad0ws
I have 2 belly buttons.
 
shad0ws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Central VA
Posts: 1,942
Bike: '09 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddagascar View Post
I'm currently running Woodcrafts on a set of Bstone R10's. They are awesome and i love the quick disconnect cord feature. It even comes in a cool little duffle bag.

Some other members i know run IRC and some even have Cap-It warmers.



Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
I paid for the badass bag and got the warmers free.


Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com App
__________________
shad0ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #9
Renodezrat
I eat my R6
 
Renodezrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Reno
Posts: 574
Re: Tire Warmers??

Woodcarft tire warmers buy em once and be done with it!
Renodezrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #10
Dossy600
Keep Sliding
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 52
Bike: R6 Trackbike
Re: Tire Warmers??

Are these any good?
DMP DIGITAL SLINGSHOT TIRE WARMERS
Dossy600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Woodcraft Dual Temp tire warmers all stocked up! Best warmers in the business -1badR6- Sportbike Track Gear 4 12-13-2011 10:11 AM
Tire baker tire warmers F/s FRO Bikes Parts For Sale 5 06-02-2011 07:58 PM
Tire warmers review (what warmers are you using?) Noleman Product Reviews 13 12-21-2010 10:02 AM
$120 Tire Warmers 8Ball Product Reviews 17 10-24-2010 09:56 PM
WTB Tire warmers Trace18101 Bikes Parts For Sale 5 07-09-2008 05:19 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum
R6-Forum.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on R6-Forum.com is generated by its users and R6-Forum.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.