» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 12-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
ak2007r6
Lifetime Premium

Bike: A snail
Andy's Baby Solomon Build Thread

So as some of you in Respect and on my Facebook know the past 4 days have been probably the most unexpected, scary and amazing time all wrapped into one emotion. Not sure what to call that emotion but it was a new one for me for sure.

My wife was 28 weeks and 4 days into her pregnancy on the 21st and up till this day everything had been spot on and both momma and baby were doing amazing. We had planned to do a all natural birth at a midwife and were very determined to stick to our birth plan.

On the 21st we had breakfast in the morning like always and I later dropped her off at her parents house to hang with her mom while I ran some errands around town. Mid day I get a call saying she wasn't feeling very well and that her Blood Pressure kept climbing and that her doctor said to head to the Labor and Delivery at the hospital to see what was up. Within an hour at the hospital, a visit from many doctors including the one from her mid wife they determined that the high blood pressure and swelling she was experiencing was due to a condition called Preeclampsia

After a short discussion the decesion was made to be moved to the hospital in Anchorage to see a high risk surgeon and develop a game plan. Within an hour of ariving at the hospital in Anchorage they felt the risk was to high to not do an emergency c-section and at 9:02PM my son was born. He weighed 2lb3oz and was 14 inches long. Both mom and baby did great and within an hour I was able to see him in the NICU. Sadly momma had to recover and get her oxygen and blood pressure under control before being able to go down the next morning to see him.

I knew he would be small but it still took my breath away seeing him for the first time. It was tough at first to see him in the incubator with tons of iv's and tubes and sensors hooked to him. He has been doing awesome since born though. His bilirubin levels were a little elevated so they placed him under the light to help with that till the levels come back down. Other than that he has done awesome, is now just on pressurized air (no more supplied oxygen) and no longer has an IV going to his belly button, just a PIC line in his leg and a feeding tube. The rest are sensors and monitoring devices =)

This was Solomon the first time I saw him right after surgery.

The hospital has what they call "kangaroo time" which is skin to skin contact. This is excellent for both the baby and parent's. Helps bond, helps the mom start producing milk and helps with the baby's development and growth.

Here he is with momma for the first kangaroo time.

The next day was dad's turn Truly an amazing feeling. Can't even begin to explain it.

His first stocking

And back on his little bed. He loves being on his tummy.

Merry Christmas Everyone and to everyone who has contacted us and sent prayers and warm thoughts our ways already it has been much appreciated. It means a lot to see the support and love we have received
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJoe007 View Post
"Never try and teach a pig how to sing. It just wastes your time and pisses off the pig."

RIP Jason (snocompton) you were an amazing guy and will be missed

Last edited by ak2007r6; 12-25-2012 at 11:33 AM.
ak2007r6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
sergioandres
Love my bike

Bike: 08 R6 & 07 R6
Congratulations!!! Can't beat that gift

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
sergioandres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
animal1000
Live ride die

Bike: 08
Re: Our unexpected Christmas present :)

Dude this made a massive smile on my face well done to you and your missus Merry Christmas

animal1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
babymilo36
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Bike: 2014 Grom

LOVE the pics, Andy! I'm REALLY happy for you, even though I don't know how it feels to have a baby.... yet Congratulations and Merry Christmas!!

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #5
ak2007r6
Lifetime Premium

Thanks everyone. The first 48hrs was insane. Went from eating breakfast and relaxing to in a NICU holding my son that wasn't suppose to be here till March. Everyone is doing amazing and wife should be discharged from the hospital today and will be moving to their extended living area where we will be staying till he is released from the hospital.

Also re sized my gigantic pictures since I forgot to do that before uploading them to Dropbox.
Quote:
"Never try and teach a pig how to sing. It just wastes your time and pisses off the pig."

Old 12-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
ak2007r6
Lifetime Premium

Also I usually hate getting my picture taken so for me to be posting pictures when my silky smooth chest hair out for everyone to see you know it's something special

Don'y get caught staring.. will get ya every time
Quote:

Old 12-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #7
mgossel
Lifetime Premium

Congratulations man...what a great gift this time of year. Glad to hear momma and the new born are doing well.

Nice chest hair
mgossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #8
thirdgenlxi
I eat my R6

Bike: '04 CBR 600 F4i
Send a message via AIM to thirdgenlxi

Awesome! Congrats again Andy and Mama.... definitely glad to hear everybody is doing well... I know premature births can def be sketchy sometimes but sounds like everything is under control

Merry Christmas to you guys!!

And yea I did stare at the chest hair a lil bit... almost.... David Hasselhoff-ish

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 282,300 miles and still kicking
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 437,000 miles still running strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #9
Rriggs92
Yamaha R6

Bike: 07 r6
Congrats man. Glad to hear mom and baby are doing good!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Rriggs92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #10
milko
Sherwin Antagonist

Bike: 2009 r6

Amazing! Kangaroo time definitely brought a smile to my face, and I don't mean because of the sexy chest hair. Congratulations to you and your Wife! Glad to hear both mom and baby are doing great! Best Present EVER! Merry Christmas to you and your family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
Saw the cooter, was no impressed...There were things that fell to the ground; deeply saddened me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Its gonna be awesome to be back on the track tho. Being there all weekend and not riding was like getting a lapdance in sweatpants bro! :
MyNotSoSuper Build
milko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement