FREE brake bleeding pump!!! : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > Site Sponsors > Vendors and Group Purchases

Old 01-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
FREE brake bleeding pump!!!

With the purchase of a set of stahlbus speed bleeders for your bike. Deal valid for 2 weeks. 4 pack for the R6 is $167.

COME AT ME BROS!!!

Here video of the how to I made and some pics. Hit me up if you're interested!

Original thread for this product: http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162148

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
babymilo36
Occupy Central

Bike: 2014 Grom
Re: FREE brake bleeding pump!!!

Baller pics, bro. Especially of the cz's

CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
maddagascar
I eat my R6

i suck at bleeding brakes. either it was the tools i used or something. but damn, it's a nightmare for me.

i'm trying to read about speed bleeders in general...

Build Thread: http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184217
maddagascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

I LOVE the Stahlbus speed bleeders you hooked me up with Anthony! What a great product! That and the oil drain valve makes fluid changes such an easy task...

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #5
ryan.chin
I eat my R6

Bike: 2007 R6 Raven

Do want...

How often does one need to replace brake fluid for non-track usage?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #6
maddagascar
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan.chin View Post
Do want...

once a season roughly or obviously till your brakes start to fade and you see a decrease in performance. been reading about these and these are pretty legit. Would definitely come in handy.

What size is the bolt? I have a motion pro bleeder but not sure if it'll fit with these anymore.

Build Thread: http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184217
maddagascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #7
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
Baller pics, bro. Especially of the cz's
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddagascar View Post
i suck at bleeding brakes. either it was the tools i used or something. but damn, it's a nightmare for me.

i'm trying to read about speed bleeders in general...
I hear ya! These make it TOO easy. Turn the bleeder open 1/2-3/4 turn and start pumping.

To utilize this hand powered pump, you would open the bleeder like 1.5 turns to allow the fluid to flow freely out till you get to a decent point where you can pump with them only opened enough to let the fluid out in one direction.

Most speed bleeders make their seal in the caliper with a coating kinda like a loc-tite. It wears down over time and can introduce air into your brake system. They also will wear the threads inside the caliper over time and that also will introduce air into the brake system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
I LOVE the Stahlbus speed bleeders you hooked me up with Anthony! What a great product! That and the oil drain valve makes fluid changes such an easy task...

Thanks Adam! I fuggin luv mine man. DEfinitely makes life that much easier for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan.chin View Post
Do want...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddagascar View Post
once a season roughly or obviously till your brakes start to fade and you see a decrease in performance. been reading about these and these are pretty legit. Would definitely come in handy.

What size is the bolt? I have a motion pro bleeder but not sure if it'll fit with these anymore.
+1, once a season at the beginning is probably just fine for a street rider to get by on. Waiting for them start fading on you isn't a great plan though.

Whenever temperatures fluctuate, etc, it's just like your fuel tank. Moisture develops in the brake system and dilutes the brake fluid and you get a MUCH lower boiling point than with fresh fluid. It's a 100 degree difference in boiling point within a year usually as that's how brake fluid is generally rated for the fluid when new vs once it develops moisture.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
Old 01-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #8
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
:

Thanks Adam! I fuggin luv mine man. DEfinitely makes life that much easier for me!

You got that right bro! At first I was a bit turned off by the price... With them being so small, and seemingly simple. But after pulling the trigger and owning them and having used them a couple times already. The ease of changing the brake fluid takes all of five minutes now... Compared to before when it was quite a task messing with the stock bleeders. The stock bleeders would leak from the base, brake fluid everywhere, what a pain in the dick... Now, I just pop the caps off, throw on the tube, and give the top valve a half turn or so and I'm in business! Totally worth every cent I spent on them! Thanks again man! I'll actually be in touch about another oil/brake fluid change kit, and a couple other things this week... I've gotta get a list together. I can't remember what all I was going to pick up from you...

I'll just send you a bunch of money, and you send me what you think I need. That's about what happens anyways! hahaha I trust you though bro, you have NEVER steered me wrong on one item! I cannot thank you enough about the set-up of the bike now, and these tires I'm in fcukin love with!

You are the MAN! The BAUCE MAN!
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers

Last edited by R-Silaxin; 01-09-2013 at 11:04 AM.
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #9
smalltrack
scared of big tracks

Bike: 07 R6, 09 R1

Actually got one of these too. Can't wait to get the banjo bolts to try this setup.
smalltrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #10
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post

You got that right bro! At first I was a bit turned off by the price... With them being so small, and seemingly simple. But after pulling the trigger and owning them and having used them a couple times already. The ease of changing the brake fluid takes all of five minutes now... Compared to before when it was quite a task messing with the stock bleeders. The stock bleeders would leak from the base, brake fluid everywhere, what a pain in the dick... Now, I just pop the caps off, throw on the tube, and give the top valve a half turn or so and I'm in business! Totally worth every cent I spent on them! Thanks again man! I'll actually be in touch about another oil/brake fluid change kit, and a couple other things this week... I've gotta get a list together. I can't remember what all I was going to pick up from you...

I'll just send you a bunch of money, and you send me what you think I need. That's about what happens anyways! hahaha I trust you though bro, you have NEVER steered me wrong on one item! I cannot thank you enough about the set-up of the bike now, and these tires I'm in fcukin love with!

You are the MAN! The BAUCE MAN!
Thanks Adam!! I knew the Pirellis would be right up your alley. The epic quick turn in is more than addictive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzpolskix View Post
Actually got one of these too. Can't wait to get the banjo bolts to try this setup.
I can't wait to see the final product. Your shit is OFF THE HOOK!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement