Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Congrats August ROTM Doc-Ram

6K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Doc-Ram 
#1 ·
Congrats Ram, for winning August's ROTM! It was an awesome battle till the end. :cheers
I'll play this time

Year: 2008
Model: R6 (Yellow and black w/flames yo now hanged to Team Yamaha Blue)

Mods -->

Engine: Stock motor, MJS headers, Leo Vince Unlimited Al can (with quiet insert), Bazzaz Z-Fi fuel controller, Agg Racing block off plates, custom map using Bazzaz Z-AFM (sold after mapping)

Stock drive train (Driven rear sprocket to fit Carrozzeria wheels)

Functional mods: Carrozzeria aluminum lightweight wheels, Accumen gear indicator, Vortex rearsets, Woodcraft frame sliders, Renthal clip-ons, Motion pro grips, Shermoto racing folding levers, TechSpec snake skin tank pads, GPR steering damper, Zero Gravity Corsa DB windscreen, Woodcraft case savers with stainless pucks

Brakes: Fren Tubo type 4 Carbotech brake lines, Alth full floating front rotors, Lightened rear rotor

Suspension: Stock for now, tuned trackside to my liking

Appearance mods: Converted from 08 Cadmium yellow / black to Team Yamaha Blue fairings and tank. Lowers are from 2010 Raven (matte black) for a cleaner look with no decals, OEM Fiat Yamaha tank fairing

Track bodywork: Armour Bodies track bodywork, painted by a fellow forum member

Utilitarian mods: Stahlbus oil drain plug/valve, WFOriders brake reservoir sock

To be installed (parts in hand, but I need to get faster to warrant these): Ohlins 30mm fork cartridge kit, Annitori RL quickshifter, Agg Racing SBK rear brake reservoir

Story:

This is my 4th R6, been loyal to the make. Heck of a machine, and it suits my riding style compared to Honda or Suzuki or Kawi. Wouldn't want a different beast for the track other than this. I had another 08 before this, a "raven". That got stoles/recovered while I lived in MA. Sold that as a track bike. Was without a bike for ~2months.

Even if it was winter in MA (one of the worst in 2010), I had the itch to ride, so when I got a new job in CO, I flew down to TX (my previous home for over 10 years) and snagged this 08 for a good price then.

Didnt really buy into the 08 Cadmium yellow, always loved Team Yamaha Blue, so I bought a whole fairings/tank set and replaced it all. Sold the yellow ones on this forum. Then the real modding began or should I say continued :laugh. I had left my previous 08 wanting to start over with something different, so this one was a clean slate to start over.

Standard stuff like levers, tank pads, etc were first. I knew I'd be on the track (not as much lately, but paid for ~6 days this year), so I got the Woodcraft case covers. Braking is as important on the bike as anything else, so that got upgraded as well.

Along the way I swapped to a couple different exhausts, rearsets etc. Now I'm happy with the way it looks and rides. By far, the wheels were the best mods as it makes turn in real easy and the bikes a lot more flickable now.

Reason to vote: Being an immigrant, I'd only dreamed of superbikes and seen then on TV, never thought I'd own one when I was younger. Thanks to my wifey, I got to do that now. As any average joe, I love being on two wheels and will continue as long as the passion still exists. If you are another average joe that saves pennies to dump into your passion, then you should vote for me :fact

Now onto pics: I'm allowed only 4 pics, so I'll post chronologically

1. When I first bought this in TX

2. Destickered and with gold wheels / gold vortex rearsets

3. Converted to Team Yamaha blue with all current mods

4. In track mode (Rossi replica leathers from 2005 season, excuse the house slipper :lmao)

More pics and story line in my build thread (link in my sig)

:cheers

Win this contest or not, I've already won as I'm living a dream :fact

:YEA

Special thanks to: Passion Motorsports, Agg Racing, Shermoto Racing, Bauce Racing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.