Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Illernoise 08 R6 Track Build

11K views 44 replies 20 participants last post by  r6trackhero 
#1 ·
I hadn't owned an R6 in over 3 years until I picked this pile up. She lived her last couple of years on the road as an outlaw in the state of Georgia. She was a theft recovery so stupidly cheap and perfect for the track. This is going to be a slow and long process unless I sell my 07 R1. We shall see.

Here's everything I've done to her so far:

Oil and coolant change
Spark plug change
Keyless ignition
Installed Agg racing block offs
Installed new gel battery
Installed new neutral safety switch
Installed vortex v1 keyless fuel cap
Installed front and rear renthal sprockets
Wiped down all the paint off the forks
Removed garbage fairings that were held together with wood screws

Parts I have on hand to install:

GB Racing engine covers
Graves clip ons
New air intake tube
New RK 520 chain

Parts left to order:

New suspension set up. It depends on what's available at the time.
Fren Tubo Type III black on black brake lines
Track plastics. Found a decent set of Catalyst plastics I'm hoping to score.
PC rims
Pirelli SC tires
Full Leo exhaust
Clutch/brake lever
Rearsets

I'm sure there's more I'm missing. On to the pictures

The day I brought her home was the same day I said goodbye to my 09

She's not the prettiest girl at the party but she'll do what I need her to do. First thing to do was take those awful fairings off and trash them.

While I was troubleshooting why she wouldn't start, I decided to change the sprockets out.

Then the block off plates and oil change

Here's my son staring at that exhaust and thinking....what...the...fcuk dad? :nono

Here's a close up....I can't wait to get a full exhaust to replace this piece of garbage.

That's everything I have so far. I'll update as I install parts. Hopefully I can get her running soon but it looks like a faulty fuel pump is the problem this time. I pulled fuel lines off and there was rust. Yay. Until next time!

See less See more
#2 ·
You got your work cut out for you!

#5 ·
When you get home, you'll see why I need a full exhaust Ram :laugh
I'm hoping to have this ready for the 2015 season. I will be back in WA and need to get up to speed on the tracks with track days and eventually club racing. That's the plan anyways.

#8 ·
Good lord the state that bike was in.

#14 ·
Yeah...its a sad sad state the bike was in when I received her. It was a theft recovery so I will hope for the sake of keeping faith in R6 owners that the thief did the 'modifications' to thus bike. I'll get more pics when I get time to work on her.

That's the plan Ram :fact
IF he gives up his LV on his 08 in place of newer one I'm going to try to swoop that up...along with some pirelli sc take offs. Getting as much second hand stuff as I can get yo try and get her on the road before the end of June for NJMP.

#23 ·
That's the plan Ram :fact
IF he gives up his LV on his 08 in place of newer one I'm going to try to swoop that up...along with some pirelli sc take offs. Getting as much second hand stuff as I can get yo try and get her on the road before the end of June for NJMP.
Am sure you'll love the full Leo Vince with the bauce flash to go on top of it :fact

#16 ·
:popcorn:

#17 ·
Oh rearry? Hmmmm. How many lap dances are we looking at here for the R10s? I picked up a slightly used set of SC2's from someone this morning.

#19 ·
Yeah him and burg were on SC2s last weekend so I figured I'd give them a try. I'm normally a Q2 guy but those will only last for so long as I up the pace...IF that ever happens.. :look:

#26 ·
Shoot me a pm with what you need for your build. I'm sure i have stuff you can use :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.