Pros. and Cons. to R6 and GSXR 600 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 10-12-2006, 04:42 AM   #1
roushrider81
I eat my R6

Bike: 06 R6 03 r6(parting out)
Pros. and Cons. to R6 and GSXR 600

Ok i really want the R6 but there is bearly any for sale were i am at. why should i get an R6 over a GSXR 6????
roushrider81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2006, 04:59 AM   #2
cashmoneyflo
Super MOD

Bike: 04 shitbox
look at the name of the site your at, what do you think people are gonna say.....

its october and you live in MA isnt it starting to get cold up there. just shop around and you'll finda R6

i've never rode a gsxr but i love my R6

some people have said that gsxr feel like your sitting in them and not on top like an R6....

cashmoneyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:04 AM   #3
NauticaTom
06-R6 Track Day Terrorist

Bike: 2006 Yamaha R6 (Race)
Send a message via AIM to NauticaTom
a gixxer is a different bike with a completely different feel, and powerband. the gixxers do come with some different items that make it unique.

1. stock gear indicator
2. stock steering damper (cause 99% of gixxer riders pull wheelies everywhere)

There are some issues with gixxers though.

1. ride a wheelie for a mile and you will kill the motor due to lack of oil (You have to put in a secondary oil pickup)

2. you HAVE to pull in the clutch to start the bike regardless of what gear position & kick stand position its in. Yamaha R's you can leave it in neutral kick stand up or down and start the bike up.

3. People have a complex with Gixxers. It depends on what crowd you ride with. Alot of people in the groups i ride with kinda find them unwelcoming, that stunters only ride gixxers, and we do alot of cornering runs.

both good bikes imo. go to a dealer sit on both of them, get a feel. Suzuki hasnt really changed the core of the bike around in years, so a new one will feel like a used one. R6 will be a different story.
NauticaTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:05 AM   #4
viper104
My R6 eats me.

IMO gsxrs dont have the looks,power or are as fun to ride as the r6. im not saying the gsxr is slow or anything but every time i get on my friends i feel like i have to rock back and forth to get it to go. lol wait to get an r6
viper104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:12 AM   #5
JWZelibor
zelibor

Bike: 2006 raven R6
Re: Pros. and Cons. to R6 and GSXR 600

they are both good bikes get what you like more. or what you can get a better deal on. the proformance is very similar will come down to personal prefence sit on both and get what feels better. ie. seating position and seat hight etc.
JWZelibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:25 AM   #6
bn1
2006 R6

I took the gixxer out this weekend and I must say I liked it better than my R6.

Before you click the link for the pic I know im a dead ringer for Homer Simpson

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3607257

Its more comfortable and I felt i was more in the bike than oposed to sitting on top of it.
The motors very strong and you dont have to rev it as much as the r6, I didnt really want to like it because of my R6 but I have to be honest, I loved it.

So It all depends on your personal preferences, Im gonna get the gixxer but not the 600, i think im gonna go for the 750.

I also took the 675 out, thats a cracking bike too

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3607247

Shall i put my flame suit on now?
Old 10-12-2006, 06:51 AM   #7
SVTLightning
Road Beaver

Bike: 06 R6, 02 RSV 1000
Send a message via AIM to SVTLightning Send a message via Yahoo to SVTLightning

Quality of build.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:12 AM   #8
stangkiller99ss
My R6 eats me.

i had a 06 gsxr before i just got the new r6, the gsxr is faster in the lower rpm's and the r6 feels faster in the upper, but the gsxr had a higher top speed then the r6. The gsxr was def more comfortable to ride then the r6, but i decided to get the r6 because everyone has a damn gsxr .
stangkiller99ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:21 AM   #9
SVTLightning
Road Beaver

Bike: 06 R6, 02 RSV 1000
Send a message via AIM to SVTLightning Send a message via Yahoo to SVTLightning

Stang killer this is not bashing you at all. just trying to remind everyone of what the 06 r6 is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangkiller99ss
the gsxr is faster in the lower rpm's and the r6 feels faster in the upper
That's suzuki for ya....yamaha doesn't care about low end on a track. How often are you below 10k rpm on a track. REMEMBER it was designed as an out of the box track destroyer.

Quote:
but the gsxr had a higher top speed then the r6.
Gearing. How many tracks in America will you actually get above the stock top speed of 167 mph. Road America and Road Atlanta. 2 out of what???

Quote:
The gsxr was def more comfortable to ride then the r6
Get on a track and see which is more comfortable. Where I live, is some of the best riding roads in the country. Deals gap, aka the dragons tail, and the cherohala skyway, nothing but continually winding mountain well paved roads. I'm much more comfortable in a lean and hanging off the bike than I am sitting and going down the highway. Once again...Its designed as a track bike.

Quote:
but i decided to get the r6 because everyone has a damn gsxr .
Isn't that the damn truth.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:24 AM   #10
ryan
Captain Criticism

OK, well does anyone have numbers on how many of each make/model are sold every year, worldwide and/or by country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn1
I took the gixxer out this weekend and I must say I liked it better than my R6.

Before you click the link for the pic I know im a dead ringer for Homer Simpson

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3607257

Its more comfortable and I felt i was more in the bike than oposed to sitting on top of it.
The motors very strong and you dont have to rev it as much as the r6, I didnt really want to like it because of my R6 but I have to be honest, I loved it.

So It all depends on your personal preferences, Im gonna get the gixxer but not the 600, i think im gonna go for the 750.

I also took the 675 out, thats a cracking bike too

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3607247

Shall i put my flame suit on now?
Tell us more about the 675... plus everybody knows the 750 is probably the greatest overall bike to ride in existence. Depending on who you ask
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement