How to install Full Akrapovic exhaust - Page 2 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > How To's...

Old 02-22-2007, 07:37 PM   #11
C3L1CA
I eat my R6

Bike: 06 R6
Send a message via AIM to C3L1CA Send a message via MSN to C3L1CA
Re: How to install Full Akrapovic exhaust

Your bike looks so good, especially with that carbon body.

I'm in the same situation you were, trying to decide Akraovic or Leo Vince.
Are you happy with your purchase? Does it look as long in person as it does in pictures? If you had to do it all over agin would you?

'95 Eclipse GSX: 10.7@140. Stock motor and some corn
C3L1CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2007, 10:18 PM   #12
maxoverfred
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3L1CA
Your bike looks so good, especially with that carbon body.

I'm in the same situation you were, trying to decide Akraovic or Leo Vince.
Are you happy with your purchase? Does it look as long in person as it does in pictures? If you had to do it all over agin would you?
Well, to be honest i was exactly like you before the purchase: akra or leo.. and i was really worried about the lenght of the canister (i think i have already posted some comments on that )..

Do i am happy? Yes no doubt, i am completely satisified with the performance (last dyno run), the look (the canister is long but it doesn't shocked when it's on the bike, and the quality/price. Remember that complete exhaut costs +/- 850 dollars..

The Leo was more expensive, not so long but more louder.. and if you have race track with decibel restrictions, it can make a small problem.
In anything, you have always pro's, con's.. but if your worries are focused on lenght.. go ahead, buy it.. because in reality it's better than in pictures and you will have a high product of quality for a good price.

If i have to do it again, i will do it.
maxoverfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:56 PM   #13
C3L1CA
I eat my R6

Bike: 06 R6
Send a message via AIM to C3L1CA Send a message via MSN to C3L1CA

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yea after looking around some more tonight, the akra by far seems like the best deal and the craftsmanship looks amazing from all the pictures I've seen. I think I'll be ordering one in a month or two

One more quick question that you might know the answer to. I saw picture today while searching, and the muffler didn't have the Akrapovic sticker on it. Do you think it would be possible/easy to take off the sticker? Like this pic: LINK

Thanks again for the great write up and the review of the exhaust, I'm greatly appreciative

'95 Eclipse GSX: 10.7@140. Stock motor and some corn
C3L1CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:52 AM   #14
maxoverfred
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3L1CA
Do you think it would be possible/easy to take off the sticker? Like this pic: LINK
A piece of cake , so no worries..
Old 02-23-2007, 04:02 AM   #15
SVTLightning
Road Beaver

Bike: 06 R6, 02 RSV 1000
Send a message via AIM to SVTLightning Send a message via Yahoo to SVTLightning

I thought the hardest part of the install were 1) getting the springs on 2) rotating the canister to where the clamp goes on and gives clearance between the swingarm and mufller clamp
Old 02-23-2007, 06:09 AM   #16
maxoverfred
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning
I thought the hardest part of the install were 1) getting the springs on 2) rotating the canister to where the clamp goes on and gives clearance between the swingarm and mufller clamp
With Akra, i think the hardest part is just open the box with the muffler after if you read the instructions and this turorial, you can't see any difficulties...
Old 02-23-2007, 02:29 PM   #17
SVTLightning
Road Beaver

Bike: 06 R6, 02 RSV 1000
Send a message via AIM to SVTLightning Send a message via Yahoo to SVTLightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxoverfred
after if you read the instructions
There were instructions? I don't understand polish translations
Old 12-03-2007, 08:30 AM   #18
Script'
Stay Low

Bike: 2006 R6 50th Anniv.

I want to get the chrome rings off, and powdercoated black, is their any way to disassemble it? or will it ruin the integrity of the pipe?

Last edited by Script'; 12-03-2007 at 08:35 AM.
Script' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:36 PM   #19
xbird
My R6 eats me.

Can you tell me what needs to be done if we are not using a power commander?

What needs to be done on the O2 sensor?

And what did you do with the O2 sensor if we are running a power commander?
xbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:52 PM   #20
maxoverfred
I eat my R6

if you don't have a power commander, you just need to keep the O2 sensor but if you install a full racing line.. it's just non-sense to keep that configuration.. just try to optimize your bike and install also the power commander. There, the 02 sensor needs to be removed because the PC controls the exchange air/fuel.
Check my other posts if you need more help to remove the O2 sensor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement