Paint Fade 06 r6 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 06-10-2007, 10:03 AM   #1
r6wag
Tuning Machine

Paint Fade 06 r6

Has anyone noticed paint fading on their 06 r6 on top of there tank. Ex. one of the edges of my tank on the top I am seeing a little spot of white under the yellow. Also the tank cover on the edges where it meets the tank I can see the black line comming through the yellow. Just take a look at yours and and check. The tank covers are like a black plastic under the paint. @006 r6 Yellow 1200 miles.
r6wag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2007, 01:44 PM   #2
_KP_
Shiny up Rubber down

Re: Paint Fade 06 r6

Where do you usually park your bike? If you consistently leave it in the sun and/or dont care for the paint (ie. wash/wax regularly) any paint will fade fast. Plus if you using any kind of abrasive cleaners to wash the bike like dish soap that could also attribute to fading. Sorry for the long response a friend of the family used to be a profestional painter so I know a few tricks

Bike: 07' Candy Red R6
Cage: 06' Hyundai Accent
ME
_KP_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 03:49 PM   #3
hawaiiboi
I eat my R6

you might got gas on your tank and dint clean it up gasoline will eat up your paint.
hawaiiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:41 PM   #4
r6wag
Tuning Machine

Sorry I might have not been clear in my question. I was interested if anyone was having the same issue. My r6 is kept inside and only has 1,200 mi on it.
r6wag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:11 PM   #5
Yamahauler
I'm To Sexy For My Raven

Bike: 2006 R6 Raven

My R6 is fine, I would call the dealer and see if they can do anything for you? I know I just bought a suburban and it comes with a 12,000 1 year warranty on the paint.
*DID ERV3 X-Ring Chain 520 Pitch *Driven Front Sprocket (black) 15 tooth 520 Pitch *Driven Rear Sprocket (black) 47 tooth 520 Pitch *Driven Grip D637TH *Dynojet Ignition Module *Dynojet Power Commander III USB *GP Shift Pattern *Graves Motorsports Smog Block Off Plates *GYT-R Performance High Flow Air Filter *Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper (Raven brackets) *LeoVince SBK Factory EVOll Full System, Carbon with Carbon End Cap with Quite Insert (removed) *Pazzo Racing Levers (shorty, black with gold adjusters) *SpeedoHealer Calibrator v3.0 *Spiegler Stainless Steel Front and Rear Brake Lines (black lines, black banjos) *Spiegler Banjo Bolts (black)*
Bling Modifications:
*Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail Light *GoldenEye HID Kit, 6000K Headlight, 3000K Highbeam *Gregg's Customs Flushmount Signals *GYT-R Carbon Tank Pad *GYT-R Frame Sliders (no-cut) *GYT-R Passenger Peg Plugs *GYT-R Seat Cowl *GYT-R Swing Arm Spools (black) *LawstCaws Frame Plugs *MotoMummy Fire Reservoir Sock *Pilot LED Center Running Light *Powder Coated Rearsets and Side Stand (Raven Black) *Puig Double Bubble Racing Screen (dark smoke) *SKUR Custom Carbon Fiber Top Clamp Cover *VFX Pivot Kit Plate Bracket with LED MicroStrip Plate Light *VFX Running Light FX Kit *VFX Universal Flasher Relay *Yamaha European Ignition Key *Yamaha Tuning Fork, Aluminum Brake Reservoir Cover (black)*

Its heaven and hell here, which one will I live today?
Yamahauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement