Spray Paint indesired color.
1) Remove side view mirrors. Use the 11mm socket to take these off.
2)Undo the top screw on each side of the windscreen, have a 8mm socket on the back side to hold the nut in place while you unscrew it.
3) Ok, now this is the part that took me the longest but is probably the easiest step. Nobody told me that the bottom 2 screws on each side of the fairing are held in by grommets in the fairing. I have an '02 R6 so this may vary by year but on my bike I found out I did not have to worry about dropping a nut in the fairing, just unscrew the bottom 2 screws. Now remove the windscreen.
4) Now tape off the front of the windscreen and any part you don't want to get paint on. Paint the underside of the windscreen. Use several thin coats of paint.
5) Here is a pic of the finished screen. ( I used a flat black and a cherry red for the top lip of the windscreen.)
6) I put on a couple of coats of clear coat to make it look a little better from the back.
7) Now reinstall averything the reverse of removal. I added some silicone to the gromets to make sure that they didn't pop out and play it safe!
I will put up some pics of it back on the bike once it is all dry.