February ROTM Submission Thread - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
A work in progress...

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6
February ROTM Submission Thread

I am dedicating the future ROTM threads to Matt. Look after us.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rules:
You cannot submit a bike 2 months in a row or if you've won within the past year. Voting starts on the 20th or after 10 entries, whichever comes first and ends on the last day of the month. The bike must be your own, but it doesn't need to be just an r6.
Please take a look at past ROTM contest for ideas on how to enter your bike. Bike does not have to be ana R6, you just have to be a member of the forum.

Format:
Year:
Model (R6, R6S):
Engine Performance Mods (i.e. exhaust, PC3, etc.):
Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.):
Accessories:
Pictures (please limit to 4):

Also, tell us why your bike should be named the Ride of the Month. Give us the whole story behind it! How did you get it? Where? Include anything that will set your bike apart from the rest...

Good luck to all, lets make this another good one.

RIP Matt (Ghost R6). You will be greatly missed. Be smooth and the rubber turning till we meet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2007r6 View Post
"I refuse to tip toe through life to arrive safely at deaths door".
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
There is more to squidliness than just your gear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
A work in progress...

Re: February ROTM Submission Thread

Thanks for entering Jim996! Maybe this month!

RIP Matt (Ghost R6). You will be greatly missed. Be smooth and the rubber turning till we meet again.

Quote:
Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
A work in progress...

Bump for submissions!

Quote:
Quote:

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
A work in progress...

Bump!

Quote:
Quote:

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
A work in progress...

10 more days for submissions!

Quote:
Quote:

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 09:47 AM
Awwww Skee Skee Skee

Bike: 2007 R6V

Skee's R6
Year: 2007
Model: Charcoal R6v
Engine Performance Mods: M4 midpipe, EXup delete, GYTR slip on, AGG smog block off plates, tuned by BAUCE Racing. DynoJet ECU Quickshifter.
Chassis/Controls Mods: Vortex 7* clip ons, Fuzed Race rails, 6k HID upgrade, Pirelli SuperCorsa/ Diablo Rosso II (track/daily).
Accessories: Street Skinns Custom seats, black with red accents(no pics yet, unfortunately), GPS speed and lap tracking/antitheft system.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

by
, on Flickr

by
, on Flickr

by
, on Flickr

by
, on Flickr

Picked this bike up last summer for a great deal. Had recently rebuilt my 2002 F4i for the 2nd time, and my wife had really started enjoying to ride motorcycles. Taught her to ride and put her through some MSF courses, then gave her that bike and picked up this bike for myself. Raced it stock up in Alaska where I was stationed with the Air Force. Had a blast and got hooked on this bike. Started the mods over the winter and can't wait to get it back out on the roads and tracks this spring and summer.

Edit. Working on getting pics up, the links didn't work.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2007 R6, M4 midpipe, GYTR slip on, AGG Racing Block offs, DynoJet QS, Tuned by Bauce Racing, Street Skinns custom seats, Fuzed race rails
April 2016 ROTM Winner

Last edited by Skee907; 02-12-2016 at 10:28 AM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 07:26 PM
\_(ツ)_/

Bike: '09 R6R Raven

Figured I'd throw mine in the hat this month.

Year: 2009
Model: R6
Engine Performance Mods: K&N filter, Agg block-off plates, M4 mid-pipe, Two Brothers Silver Series CF slip-on, Bauce Racing ECU flash
Chassis/Controls Mods: Galfer SS lines (front and rear), EBC HH front pads
Accessories: Zero Gravity DB, DDM 5K HIDs, eBay adjustable levers, Hotbodies smoked flushmounts, Lockhart Phillips smoked integrated tail, TST Industries Elite-1 fender kit, 2012+ OEM rear sets, 2012+ OEM passenger pedals, 2012+ OEM kickstand

Flashback to 2008. Got my first bike, '08 Ninja 250, and am loving life. Happened to come across Yamaha's 2009 line in a motorcycle mag, and fell in love with the '09 Raven color combo. Decided that at some point in life, I would own this bike. Couldn't be any other color combo, had to be the black and gold. Finally pulled trigger in 2014. Drove down to Kerrville from DFW to get it on the one day off I had that week, 10 hours roundtrip but I was the happiest guy alive. To me, this bike is perfect. I love every aspect of it. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do track days, but I wouldn't track this one. I would pick up a second bike for that. Anyways, here she is.

The day she came home

Various stages

Her current state

Last edited by modrid81; 02-18-2016 at 12:25 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
A work in progress...

Thank you both for entering! Beautiful machines! 4 more days for submissions!

Quote:
Quote:

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
A work in progress...

Last day for submissions!

Quote:
Quote:

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
A work in progress...

Quote:
Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in