Votes: 2 4.1%
  • richie11

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • HBHarrison

Votes: 16 32.7%

February 10' Ride of the month

17K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  SIKBLU 
#1 ·
Alright fellas lets get this going again. I know its too late in the month to do it for January so we will start with February. Enter your submissions for Ride of the month here...:fact. Ride of the month submissions will be open from now till Feb. 14th and voting will run from Feb. 15th till Feb. 27th and a winner will be decided on the 28th. Lets see them bikes....:toocool:

#3 ·
dieselboy fix ur submission and include the following:

Here's your chance to be featured on the R6-Forum homepage!

Submissions for RotM will be accepted for the entire month of the contest you wish to enter. Voting will start on the 1st day of the following month and will end at a specified time on the last day. If there is less than 3 bikes submitted for any particular contest, the voting might be postponed until a 3rd bike is entered. To enter your bike, start a new thread beginning with the name of the month for your submission (i.e. January '09 - My 2005 track monster). Comments are welcome on each individual thread! Please include the following information in your post:

Year:
Model (R6, R6S):
Engine Performance Mods (i.e. exhaust, PC3, etc.):
Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.):
Accessories:
Pictures (please limit to 4):

Also, tell us why your bike should be named the Ride of the Month. Give us the whole story behind it! How did you get it? Where? Include anything that will set your bike apart from the rest...

The entry must be an R6. You cannot submit a bike 2 months in a row or if you've won within the past year. Voting will begin on the 15th and end on the last day of the month. GOOD LUCK!

#5 ·
So this is my third bike. My first bike was a Honda CR 250 motocrosser that I raced in SoCal while I was in the Marine Corps. I wrecked that bike. After getting out of the Marines I moved to Great Falls MT, and purchased a 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650. It was a great bike, and I rode it for about two years.

I woke up one morning, and had a spur of the moment idea to go buy an R6. I've always wanted an R6, and just thought that today would be a great day to go buy one! I didn't have the money to go buy one outright, so I was kinda shopping used. Looking for a good bike in great shape, I headed to the local Yamaha dealership. They didn't even have any NEW R6 in stock, much less a used one. I cruised by the Honda/Kawasaki dealership, with no luck. On my way home I stopped by the Harley/Buell dealership, and they actually had a 2008 Yamaha R6S. After some serious haggling on financing and all the fun stuff, I picked the bike up the following Monday! :YEA

The first thing I set out to replace was the exhaust. I thought the stock can was god awful ugly, sounded like......well, nothing. You couldn't hear it. I'm sure a lot of research went into that thing, but damn it was horrible! I searched for a shorty pipe to put on it. After looking at a couple I settled on the HR1 riot pipe.

While riding around town, I got into a minor accident where an idiot turned left from the right lane of a one way, clipping the right side of my bike. So I took the nice check his insurance company gave me and made some more mods. I got rid of the turn signals (front and rear), and put on a fender eliminator kit. The cracked fairing on the left side was replaced, and the scratched top triple clamp was powdercoated and swapped out. The previous owner had left me some minor cosmetic damage to fix.

A ride from Great Falls to Missoula told me that the seats needed some work, so I had a local shop add some foam and recover them, in blue and white of course.

The latest addition was a set of Cleggs Innovations Angel Eyes and a Joe Florida LED underglow kit. I'm really happy with how it came out!

The whole look I'm going with this bike is I want it to be something unique, that represents me. I love Yamaha, and think the R6 is a seriously sweet bike. So I kept with the stock graphics, and the bike has morphed into a "stock but not" look. I want people to be able to look at my bike and have a difficult time picking out all the mods that are really there. It's still a flashy bike, but just with a little more subtle tones to it.

So here are some pics:

Updated cockpit

Updated pic,

Lights

Hope you guys enjoy!! I've had a lot of fun riding this bike, and putting it together!!

Here is the full list of mods:
Joe Florida LED light kit
Angel Eyes
Sportech Chrome Windscreen
Custom powder coated top triple
Chrome Reservoir Caps w/Yamaha logo
Yamaha Reservoir Sock
R6 Forum.com Reservoir sock
Hotbodies Flush Mount turn signals (front)
Custom LED integrated turn signals
TAG metals fender eliminator
Personalized License plate "Talus"
Hard Rock Motorsports HR1 Riot Exhaust
Custom Seats and covers

Think I got it all. Up next is some Pazzo levers, black with blue tab, and thinking about powder coating the rear sets and passenger pegs black, but not sure.

Thanks! :YEA

#10 ·
Year: 2007
Model (R6, R6S): Non-S
Engine Performance Mods (i.e. exhaust, PC3, etc.): Block-off plates
Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.): Pazzo Black (red adjuster) shorty levers, Black vortex rearsets, Ohlins steering damper, [installed come springtime] Fren Tubo Carbotech brake lines.
Accessories: White halos (hooked to switch by left fork), Projectors, 5K HIDs, Rhino-Moto Fork sliders, T-Rex Frame Sliders, Vortex Bar-End sliders, T-Rex Clutch Sliders, Traxxion Dynamics Tanks sliders, R&G Case sliders, T-Rex Swingarm Spools, Stebel Nautilus 139 Db air horn (mounted under tank), GYT-R Tank pad (installed come spring time), White 3rd eye bulb, Puig clear double-bubble windscreen, GYT-R Solo cowl, Graves FE kit, CA Integrated tail light, Hotbodies flushies, Custom re-stuffed seat and passenger seat.

Story: I used to have a blue 04 that was modded out but I always wanted a candy red 07 (I just couldn't afford it at the time). I got into trouble on the modded 04 and sold the mods and the bike then picked up this bike (in Charcoal grey) from a good friend of mine for a great price. I waited patiently for months for a set of red fairings to pop up for sale and when they finally did I jumped on them! I got an amazing deal and my dream bike was coming together. I sent in my headlights to misterjj for the projector mod and because I didn't want anything to happen to my precious bike I bought every kind of slider I could find for it. The horn was wimpy so I installed an air horn.

EDIT: I have non-snowy pictures too, but these are the most recent.

Attachments

#12 ·
THIS IS MY 2001 YAMAHA R6 THAT WAS BUILT FROM THE FRAME UP ... IT WAS BLUE WITH THE SILVER FRAME .. I STRIPPED IT AND PAINTED THE FRAME BLACK AS WELL AS THE FRONT FORKS AND ENGINE CASE COVER , I POWDER COATED THE SWINGARM , REAR SETS , PASS PEGS , REAR CAILPER BRACKET , AND REAR SPROCKET .. I GOT A GOLD CHAIN , BAR ENDS , SPROCKET BOLTS , GAS CAP BOLTS , OIL CAP , BREAK RES CAP FRONT AND REAR , CLUTCH ADJUSTER , AND FAIRING BOLTS , BLACK PAZZO LEVERS WITH GOLD ADJUSTER , TEAM SKEEN RACING FRAME SLIDERS , SME FRONT FORKS SLIDERS AND SWINGARM SLIDERS , RACE FIT EXHAUST , CUSTOM VALENTINO ROSSI FAIRINGS , VORTECK TWIST OFF GAS CAP , BMC RACE AIR FILTER , FACTORY JETT KIT , MICHELIN PILOT POWER 2CT TIRES , HIDS HEAD LIGHTS , BLUE LED LIGHTS , LUCKY BIKE REAR LICENSE PLATE BLINKERS , CUSTOM FRONT BLINKERS , CUSTOM PAINTED GAS TANK , POLISHED RIMS, AND LAST A CUSTOM MADE VALENTINO ROSSI HELMET KEY .... IM SURE IM FORGETTING SOME THINGS BUT I HAVE ALOT OF TIME AND MONEY INTO THIS BIKE ... JUST GOT CENTER FOLD IN A MAGAZINE

#13 ·
wow, a lot of nice bikes here

#17 ·
OK here go's

2007 R6 (registered 2009)

Engine Mods

PCIII
Full MPH SYSTEM
Exup modification
K7N Air Filter

Cosmetic:

Custom one of a kind paint job with matt black finish every other colour high gloss, seemless from colour to colour (very difficult to not step)
Richie11 details on wheel rims and seat cowel
Pazzo levers black
diamond rearsets black
headlight covers
painted numberboard on screen#
flush strobe effect front indicators
rear integrated tail light
undersized licence plate

need some new piccies but tbh its to cold lol

#23 ·
Year:2007
Mods: MJSperformance header, BMC street filter, PCIII, Custom Dyno tuned map(108hp), GYTR slip on, 520 conversion (-1 +2 Vortex Sprockets, RK Gold Chain) Ohlins Steering Damper, Puig black racing screen, DDM Tuning HID kit 6000k, GYTR Frame sliders, Clear Stomp grip, GYTR seat cowl, gold Pazzo racing levers, gold bar ends, Yamaha Graves replica decal kit, Pivot FX license bracket, Fender eliminator, Integrated tail lights, Flush mounts, Silver mirror block off plates, Gold rim tape, Dunlops
(Full Leo Vince SBK EVOII on the way, maybe some Wodcraft rearsets as well)

#25 ·
bump

#26 ·
Looks like congrats to Dieselboy are in order. Sweet rides everyone!

#29 ·
Dont know if im aloud to do this but... im'a add one i just remembered i had lol Its the only one i got riding thats decent looking

My bro wanted a nice picture that wasnt't a blur lol So i road by him in the parking lot lol

You can see how damn small i am on my ride hahahahah only at 5'7'' MAX lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.