Finally, a no bullshit motor oil company - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage
Finally, a no bullshit motor oil company

I stumbled upon this company a while ago and decided to try their oil. at this time I have not put it in yet. so for now, this is just a post to bring attention to this company. which I think they honestly deserve.
I like what they do, they tell you right out they use 0% crude oil in their synthetic oil. it's real, 100% Ester and PAO based. if you are unaware of the debate with synthetic motor oil marketing, it's a scam. a long time ago mobil 1 was making and selling real PAO based synthetic oil. when castrol started selling synthetic oil for much less. Mobil 1 sued castrol because castrol's oil is highly refined crude oil. but mobil 1 lost the lawsuit and the gov sided with castrol stating in their view since the crude oil is refined in a few more processes it can be marketed as synthetic. I believe mobil 1 has started doing the same.

you are getting what you pay for with the companies that say Ester or PAO. but not many of them do. especially the more well known brands such as mobil 1, Castrol, Royal Purple, Amsoil, etc. the few companies that do list ester and pao is Motul, Maxima, Redline oils, Yamalube. however with them, they don't tell you if it's 1% blend of ester and 99% crude oil. that's why I like what MPT is doing, using 100% synthetic base stocks and being upfront. no flashy bullshit bottles or labels to make you feel like you're buying the best. this also keeps the price low. $14.95 for ester and pao blend oil is is actually a deal considering motul 300v is almost $20/qt. which may only contain 1% ester oil and 99% crude oil. they show you you're buying the best by not hiding it. they also tell you it's suitable for extended drain intervals. something that's been debated over and over on oil threads about racing oils vs street oils if it's ok to run racing oil longer than 2-3k miles or 1 track day. they also only sell it in the 2 recommended weights yamaha recommends. 10w40 and 20w50. really the only 2 weights that any motorcycle should be using.
you can buy the oil on amazon (from MPT) or on their site. but on amazon there's no shipping cost.
I'll run it next summer and send it off to blackstone and update this thread. if you've tried this brand and have a comment about it (i'm sure this thread will get comments haha) lets hear them. I'm not here to start a debate. use whatever you want. I just want to get my money's worth. and a lot of these companies are hiding what they're selling.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*** a little more research I've realized that Motul may in fact be the same as MPT but they just don't come out and say it. going by the labeling tricks, an oil labeled "full synthetic" means it is hydrocracked petroleum oil. oil labeled "100% synthetic" means it only contains synthetic oils. Motul does in fact say 100% synthetic with ester. so I think it's safe to assume it's a blend of PAO and Ester. so this MPT stuff is just less expensive motul 300v and 7100. but unlike motul MPT says you can use it for extended drain intervals without guessing if it's suitable. they also add extra zinc. this helps with wear on things like gears and the lobes on the cams. but Im pretty sure I've read that high levels of it harm emissions components like converters. now I'm wondering about harming the O2 sensor. I don't run them on my bike or the converter anymore. I will contact MPT and ask them.
IronCactus likes this.

Last edited by yamahacrazy; 12-09-2018 at 06:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 10:14 AM
Touchdown!

Bike: 2012 R6
Send a message via Skype™ to Straight Success
Re: Finally, a no bullshit motor oil company

Interesting. I'm curious to see what the results are. Let me/the forum know when you start running it in your bike. If it's as good as Motul or better, that'll be where it's at. I love Motul, but at $18/Liter and I need about 3 of them... wait, I'll be saving like $9 - $15 depending on pricing per oil change.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chillin'... while the Lord watches over me!

I love my R6, but...there's no buts...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Straight Success; 12-08-2018 at 10:16 AM.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Garage

there are people that use the brand and testify to it.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Garage

here is the owner I think, explaining synthetic oils

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 10:13 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

This is the absolute bestest. No Bull, just BullsEye...

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Garage

. I seriously hope you aren't actually using it, you better read this,

Last edited by yamahacrazy; 12-09-2018 at 02:53 PM.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 03:34 PM
Touchdown!

..and I was really thinking of this the whole time.

That's some really good stuff. Sweet Baby Rays be poppin' too.

Back to the oil stuff. I like Motul. It seems to work great. I've learned from the if it ain't broke, don't fix it theory. I'm still interested in learning about this new oil, though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Straight Success; 12-09-2018 at 03:43 PM.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 03:40 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahacrazy View Post
. I seriously hope you aren't actually using it, you better read this,

Just yank'n your tail.
Straight Success likes this.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Garage

not that this matters but the oil is green like 300v. not quite the same but it's green. definitely not the typical amber color. not sure if that's typical of a ester or pao or something else.
I need a 5th qt (yes the R1 uses 4 qts) to take a sample from. I'd like to send a new sample of it to blackstone to confirm what MPT claims it has for a chemical makeup.

Last edited by yamahacrazy; 12-18-2018 at 07:46 PM.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 05:53 AM
Touchdown!

If you can, when you send it off, can you ask them if they have the Motul 300V data as well for comparison?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in