Yoshimura S1 Leather Jacket - NWT, Silver, US Size 46 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Trackday junky

Yoshimura S1 Leather Jacket - NWT, Silver, US Size 46

For Sale: Yoshimura S1 Leather Jacket - NWT, Silver, US Size 46 - $179 plus shipping

Retails $379, I got it on closeout for $199. Too small on me, couldn't return it.

The Yoshimura blurb says this was made to be the standard in sportbike jackets - and it is! Alpinestars jackets are top shelf, but in my experience, their fit is terrible, seem to be made for short (or average), stocky people. Chest and sleeves of their jackets are too big, the armor moves around at the elbow, sleeves and length are too short. The fit is just totally cockeyed.

The Yoshimura jacket on the other hand is perfectly proportioned, and the most comfortable jacket I've ever tried on. Maybe it’s just me, but the chest and shoulder measurements seem to match better, the sleeves are long enough, the arms are perfectly sized so the armor stays in place. And the quality is maybe better than Astars -- the leather is heavy and beautiful, and the elbow and shoulder armor seem better than in the most expensive Astars jacket made (the S-MX Air Flo Leather Jacket, which retails for $699, which I bought last year and I'm selling on ebay, NWT).

The S1 is an absolutely great design. The silver jacket will go with almost any bike and helmet color. See the pictures.

From the Yoshi website:
• Produced with competition grade 1.3mm milled cowhide
• Rolled neoprene collar for comfort
• Two hand/cargo zippered pockets
• 1000D Cordura stretch arm panel for ease of movement
• Full frontal perforation with rear zippered exhaust vents
• Zippered cuff with leather/hook-and-loop closure
• Zip-out Thermolite insulated chest liner
• 8” & full-circumference zipper attaches to pants
• Original YKK zippers used throughout
• Removable CE armor in arms and shoulders, with back pad
• Sport fit
• Yoshimura logo on back and arm.

See the Yoshimura size chart, attached. Weight is the most import factor when figuring size in their jackets. Use height and then waist as secondary factors.

Regarding fit: I'm 6', 190 lbs. I wear a US size 43 or 44 suit. The Yoshimura size 46 jacket fits me like my one piece race suit, snug. If I wanted a snug fit, it'd be perfect, but I don't like a snug fit in my jackets, only in my race suits. So I bought the size 48 Yoshimura and that fit me perfectly. In other words, it seems that the Yoshimura is sized TWO sizes too small. Other reviewers have made the same observation. But again, judge the size according to how you like your jackets to fit. E.g., if you want fairly snug, get only one size bigger.

Payment will be by personal check, not paypal (since I don't have a paypal premiere account), and I will hold your check until it clears before I ship via Fedex.

Email me at
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, or call 24hrs, 413-537-7526 with questions.

DO NOT SEND ME A PM, I DON'T CHECK MY PMs.

Thanks,

Leo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yoshimura S1 silver-black.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	30568   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yoshimura S1 silver-black rear view.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	30569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yoshimura jacket size chart.gif
Views:	37
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	30570  

Last edited by Leoist; 04-13-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 07:42 AM
Around.

Bike: 2012 R1
Re: Yoshimura S1 Leather Jacket - NWT, Silver, US Size 46

cool jacket good luck with the sell

~~R.I.P David Thompson (!Noodlestorm)~~ You will be missed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 11:46 AM

Still FS?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Trackday junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmaltzy20 View Post
Still FS?
Yup. As I noted, email me privately at
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks,

Leo
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 12:10 PM

Bike: Pasta & Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmaltzy20 View Post
Still FS?
I'd recommend calling him and asking...

"Always be yourself... unless you suck." -- Joss Whedon

"Anal is just like riding a bicycle... Except without the seat." -Mark Spiegler

If you don't hang your balls out there and just do it, you'll never know what might have happened... -- Valentino Rossi

Unlike one made of concrete, the wall of adversity will eventually fall when we exert enough pressure. -- Max Edge

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -- James Dean

sig courtesy of the mega-talented dboyslade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in