WTB - '05 Blue gas tank - Case covers - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Knee drags YOU!

Bike: '05 R6 + Vintage Yamahas
WTB - '05 Blue gas tank - Case covers

Hey guys,

Looking for a Team Yamaha Blue fuel tank for my '05 R6.
The existing dented one is fine for the track, but won't do for street riding. I'd like to have a clean tank set aside for when I get the bike back on the road.

I'm also looking for a full set of case covers, aftermarket with replaceable sliders is a big plus. I'd also like the mounting hardware if you have it.

I believe 06+ R6S stuff will also fit, if anyone can confirm that would be good.

PM me!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-05-11 17.52.28.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	470.5 KB
ID:	308746   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-05-11 17.52.17.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	535.9 KB
ID:	308754   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-05-11 17.52.11.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	514.1 KB
ID:	308762  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mods: Armor Bodies Superbike bodywork, Pirelli SBK Pro Slicks, Renthal 50mm Clipons, Bickle warmers, etc, etc...
Gear: ATGATT down to the mouthguard.

A few vintage Yamaha bikes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Knee drags YOU!

Re: WTB - '05 Blue gas tank - Case covers

Bump. Still looking.

Mods: Armor Bodies Superbike bodywork, Pirelli SBK Pro Slicks, Renthal 50mm Clipons, Bickle warmers, etc, etc...

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Knee drags YOU!

Bump. Still looking for everything.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 02:49 PM
sell me a red powerband

Bike: 05 R6 Street, 05 R6 Track

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have an ugly stator cover that passes tech. It has a welded piece of steel onto it.

I've been holding onto it as a spare but with the woodcraft sliders it seems redundant.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Knee drags YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamb View Post

I have an ugly stator cover that passes tech. It has a welded piece of steel onto it.

I've been holding onto it as a spare but with the woodcraft sliders it seems redundant.
I thought the case covers were aluminum? How did you weld steel to it?

Also, I'm interested.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 03:58 PM
sell me a red powerband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panici View Post

Also, I'm interested.

Good point, going to email previous owner and ask if it's steel or alum (parts are in storage so I can't get it and check). Will update with answer.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 06:28 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Following... been chasing case sliders for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 01:55 PM
sell me a red powerband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panici View Post

Also, I'm interested.

No answer from PO but I pulled cases out of storage. Definitely seem to be aluminum, way too light to be steel. Looks like they literally just bent the plate in the shape of the cover and welded it onto the cover, after a coat of paint it looks good as new.

I'm not exactly sure if it's as easy to weld onto the stator cover as it isn't Round but I'm sure anything is possible.

For a cheap method without spending the money on woodcraft covers this seems to work, maybe email your local org to ensure this would pass prior to buying/making your own.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Knee drags YOU!

Bump.
Still looking for case covers at minimum.

Wouldn't say no to a spare gas tank in Blue!

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Knee drags YOU!

New year, new bump.
Still looking for these parts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in