08 r6 rear brake caliper! - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

08 r6 rear brake caliper!

Anyone have a rear brake caliper for an 08 r6? I'm going to my first track day in 5 days. While taking the rear wheel off I found that one of the bolts for the caliper was larger than the first and much harder to get out. Once it was out, the threads of the bolt are full of material and the threads on the inside of the caliper are gone. Hopefully someone can help me out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 04:02 PM
My R6 eats me.

Re: 08 r6 rear brake caliper!

Someone help this man! he needs to get to the track!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 04:57 PM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethepol View Post
Anyone have a rear brake caliper for an 08 r6? I'm going to my first track day in 5 days. While taking the rear wheel off I found that one of the bolts for the caliper was larger than the first and much harder to get out. Once it was out, the threads of the bolt are full of material and the threads on the inside of the caliper are gone. Hopefully someone can help me out.
You can research how to make it run w/o the caliper to save weight it's just if your front brake fails there is no way to stop.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 06:42 PM
Motosylum Racing #132

Bike: R6, ZX6, R1200, 400 XC-W
They probably wont let a bike out on the track with no rear brake.
r6Ben00 likes this.

2017 #1 Middleweight F40, #3 Formula 40, #5 GTU, #10 Middleweight GP
2016 Middleweight F40 Track Champion, #3 Formula 40, #3 Middleweight F40, #8 Middleweight GP
2016 Sportsmanship Award, 2015 Crash & Burn Award, 2014 Sportsmanship Award, 2013 Amateur of the Year

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#132 Proudly representing DC-Moto.net,
, and

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 09:03 PM
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post

You can research how to make it run w/o the caliper to save weight it's just if your front brake fails there is no way to stop.
“You can research how to make it run w/o the caliper to save weight” up to this point I thought you were kidding but after reading the whole statement I just shook my head lol
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 04:44 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blucrew View Post
“You can research how to make it run w/o the caliper to save weight” up to this point I thought you were kidding but after reading the whole statement I just shook my head lol
If you read all his posts your neck will get really sore, because that is a common reaction to everything he says. Just ignore him

But back to the OP, I'm just curious what in the hell the previous owner did. Do you got pics?

Last edited by Flyers28; 03-29-2019 at 04:46 AM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 06:53 AM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

it reads to me like you attemped to disconnect the caliper from the actual hanger??
Not sure why?? Those slide pins allow the caliper to move laterally.

Also your location is blank so good luck in trying to find someone "local" to maybe loan or sell you the parts needed.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 09:09 AM
I eat my R6

People remove the rear caliper on drag bikes to save weight all the time. Some even remove one of their front caliper to save Even more weight.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 11:41 AM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post
People remove the rear caliper on drag bikes to save weight all the time. Some even remove one of their front caliper to save Even more weight.

yeah I call those idiots ****ING SLOW
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my full weight GSXR 1000 went 153mph in the 1/4 with my 200 lb ass aboard. Thats 124mph in the 1/8th from a dead stop, stock wheel base and a hand clutch.
Ive seen those "light weight" drag bikes youre talking about... those guys are slow because they dont have hand clutches and they dont know shit about riding.
Show me a read hand clutch rider using that hokey assed ghetto methods and Ill show you a sand bagger.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 11:53 AM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBlew View Post
yeah I call those idiots ****ING SLOW
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my full weight GSXR 1000 went 153mph in the 1/4 with my 200 lb ass aboard. Thats 124mph in the 1/8th from a dead stop, stock wheel base and a hand clutch.
Ive seen those "light weight" drag bikes youre talking about... those guys are slow because they dont have hand clutches and they dont know shit about riding.
Show me a read hand clutch rider using that hokey assed ghetto methods and Ill show you a sand bagger.
I'm not removing my brakes just incase the front fails. I was in another group way back and they showed me the pictures and the competitions of people who removed their brakes. People like me had no idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in