2007 R6 with Graves Motor - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

2007 R6 with Graves Motor

If you're in the market for a bike, this is a turnkey racebike. I'm a female instructor for a local trackday company. This is my favorite and was my choice to ride at the track above two other newer models. It handles beautifully, purrs and rips. It was one of late Dane Westby's back up motors. It is completely track ready with updated 2016 race bodywork and would require high octane race gas mixture at minimum and ear plugs (lol). It starts and idles perfectly without a hiccup.

I'm sad to see it go especially because I know to get another stock bike to its current level of extras would take many more thousands. This is a great opportunity for an upcoming racer or trackday junkie who doesn't want to spend a fortune but wants a reliable turnkey bike.

Specs:
07 Yamaha R6 - With updated 08-16 bodywork
Graves Motor "Dane Westby Spec"
Power Commander
Gp shift
Quick shifter
CRG f. adjustable brake lever.
Lithium Ion lightweight battery
Leo Vince full exhaust
Galfer braided lines
Galfer pads
GPR steering stabilizer
Zero Gravity windscreen
Vortex sprockets
EK chain
Vortex clip ons
Vortex rear sets
Front forks JPH tuned AK20 kitted valved 180 spec
Rear Shock JPH tuned stock with adjustable compression and valves to 180 lbs spec
Rear stand only
Straight bill of health from Gerry Piazza of GP Frame and wheel.

It is worth every bit of $6k+ (the graves motor is really phenomenal) it runs perfectly and handles perfectly BUT I've dropped the price dramatically for a quick sale, now 4800 FIRM. I've NEVER had any issues with the operation of this bike and comes with a clean title.

All sponsor stickers will be removed prior to purchase.

call/text 530-two 2 seven-22 three three
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2143_1514477781300.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	348793  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 05:45 PM
Forum Moderator

Bike: '03 Sliver R1'06 Raven R6
Re: 2007 R6 with Graves Motor

All those extra's and mods and you can't post better pictures? Things just don't add up. Just sayin'.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 06:37 PM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

whats Dane Westby spec? Overbore? Epoxied ports? Different cams?

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 09:44 AM

Bike: '14 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCRider View Post
If you're in the market for a bike, this is a turnkey racebike. I'm a female instructor for a local trackday company.
call/text 530-two 2 seven-22 three three
Local to where? Lake Tahoe?

Do you have to leave so soon? I was just about to poison the tea.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Auburn, ca
Sacramento, ca
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBlew View Post
whats Dane Westby spec? Overbore? Epoxied ports? Different cams?
Itís a Graves MOTORSPORTS motor that was Dane Westbys spare. Itís not a big bore. It is a legal Daytona Sportbike Motor. I do not know how they build them, just that it runs well and is fast.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
All those extra's and mods and you can't post better pictures? Things just don't add up. Just sayin'.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
No I didnít schedule a professional photo shoot. If I had that kind of time I wouldnít be practically giving it away. I donít have time just extremely busy. The buyer will score because of how little time I have to advertise this sale.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 06:51 AM
I eat my R6

How many miles on chassis? How many on new motor? Did you buy the motor from Graves? Was the Graves motor new when you installed it? Are you the original owner? Do you have the original motor? Is the rear tail super bike or super stock? Do you have the stock body work? Does this bike come with race body work? If so, which brand? Does the bike actually have a key or has the key switch been deleted?

But since you are so busy I guess I should just guess at all this because you don't have the time to create a proper for sale add. Thereby giving the ole F U to potential customers.

Seriously, it takes about 15 minutes to pull the bike out of the garage into the sunlight and snap photos with an smart phone and upload them to the computer. You need to do it on your local racing forums too as well as craigslist if your serious about selling the bike quickly. Take another 15 minutes and create the other half of your for sale add.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 02:47 PM
Forum Moderator

Bike: '03 Sliver R1'06 Raven R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCRider View Post
No I didnít schedule a professional photo shoot. If I had that kind of time I wouldnít be practically giving it away. I donít have time just extremely busy. The buyer will score because of how little time I have to advertise this sale.

Hmm, your killing me. It takes next to nothing to snap a few hi res photo's with your smart phone. No Professional Photo Shoot is not needed. Or, have someone else take them if your really extremely busy. Anyone in there right mind selling a bike of this capacity would post multiple pics. Why don't you take it to eBay or Craigslist. No here will bite.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duder View Post
How many miles on chassis? How many on new motor? Did you buy the motor from Graves? Was the Graves motor new when you installed it? Are you the original owner? Do you have the original motor? Is the rear tail super bike or super stock? Do you have the stock body work? Does this bike come with race body work? If so, which brand? Does the bike actually have a key or has the key switch been deleted?

But since you are so busy I guess I should just guess at all this because you don't have the time to create a proper for sale add. Thereby giving the ole F U to potential customers.

Seriously, it takes about 15 minutes to pull the bike out of the garage into the sunlight and snap photos with an smart phone and upload them to the computer. You need to do it on your local racing forums too as well as craigslist if your serious about selling the bike quickly. Take another 15 minutes and create the other half of your for sale add.
Are you a potential customer? Honestly, lots of silly questions that racers just donít ask, for a price of Under 5k with many listed extras. Iíve got a video, but trying to load it for hours with no luck because of its size. Itís best I talk to actual buyers who arenít looking to kick tires. I gave plenty of description and anyone sincerely interested in purchasing can find it on fb marketplace, msg me and I can send them the video of the bike up close and from a cold start. I can stick this out in season in my pit, it will go. My experience of back and forth with people who just take up time is a silly waste. They just spin wheels and have no intention or no funds.

Seems best to wait until season and get the 6k that itís worth by someone with money in hand. Thanks for your time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in