FS: 2012 Blue R6 Rrack Bike - With Mods - $5800 - Cary, NC - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
cjm
My R6 eats me.

FS: 2012 Blue R6 Rrack Bike - With Mods - $5800 - Cary, NC

2012 Yamaha R6. $5800. Pics:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• YEC Kit ECU and Harness
  • Bazzazz Fi TC w/map select and TC
  • Akrapovic full TI exhaust
  • Ohlins 25mm FGK front fork kit custom built by Thermosman Suspensions. The caps are from a 30mm kit because they are available and the 25mm caps are not. .95/.95 springs.
  • Penske triple rear
  • Vortex rearsets
  • Woodcraft clip-ons
  • Woodcraft case covers
  • Quickshifter direct to YEC
  • Motion Pro Quick turn throttle
  • 19 RCS Brembo Master cylinder
  • Galfer steel braided brake lines
  • GPR steering stabilizer
  • Armourbodies bodywork
  • Vesrah SRJLXX brake pads - almost new
  • PSR keyless gascap
  • APE manual cam chain tensioner
  • Tank sliders
  • New (one track day) 520 chain and sprockets

Extras/Spares
  • set of wheels
  • set of Superbike front brake rotors
  • set of Sharkskins body work - very rough. Will mount up and pass inspection.
  • dented gas tank
  • sprocket carrier/cush drive
  • fairing stay

Five track days since suspension refreshed. Dyno tuned by Maxspeed Cycles in Kernersville, NC for 93 octane pump gas. Max HP 118. Very strong, very fast. There are scuffs and scrapes to the bodywork, but no serious damage. The fuel map selector and traction control switches (mounted to handlebar) were torn off in a lowside. See pic. New switches could be wired in, or you can buy the combo from Bazzazz. Bill of sale only. I'm not sure how many miles are on it. The YEC ECU changes what is shown on the dash. So the stock odometer reading isn't displayed. But I don't think the previous owner put many street miles on it before he put it on the track. In the last four years I've done maybe 30 track days on it. But only 4 last year, and 6 the year before. My wife and I had our first kid two years ago, and I can't manage to get to the track much anymore.

I've crashed it twice. The first was a slow low-side caused by someone dumping oil on the track. The second was a fast crash in T3 at VIR. The bike slid and then flipped over when it went into the grass. That's when the gas tank you see in the pics got crushed in. I patched all the damage to the fairings so there aren't any holes or tears. Nothing is loose. I tried to make sure the pics show all the damaged spots. Armourbodies is good stuff. They fit well and are very easy to take on/off. The bodywork that was on the bike when I bought it was in rough shape, so it had clearly been crashed at least once before. But the bike is well sorted, runs strong and doesn't need anything.

Pics:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Located in Cary, NC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4969.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	298.2 KB
ID:	361118  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 02:55 PM
My R6 eats me.

Re: FS: 2012 Blue R6 Rrack Bike - With Mods - $5800 - Cary, NC

Nice bike man. Looks well set up.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
cjm
My R6 eats me.

Re: FS: 2012 Blue R6 Rrack Bike - With Mods - $5800 - Cary, NC

Thanks dude. It is very strong. Would be good for someone that wants to get into racing without having to spend too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in