2001 R6 - lots of upgrades - $2200 USD - Toronto, Canada - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
In way over my head..

Bike: 2001 R6 Rossi Replica
2001 R6 - lots of upgrades - $2200 USD - Toronto, Canada

Clean Ontario title, in hand. Can be imported/exported anywhere with no issues. (I can help you import it and title it properly in your state).

35k miles on the frame and Odo. Close to 0 on the motor and everything else.

This R6 has pretty much just sat in my garage since we finished it ~2 years ago.

Original motor blew a hole through the cylinder walls due to lean running and a scored oil pan (from running a 5SL header upgrade at the time - have since gone back to the 5EB manifold).

Bought a new (used) motor and while I was rebuilding it noticed a slight scoring in the nikasil sleeve on cylinder 1.

Sent the motor to be sleeved and built by a professional racing shop in Toronto. They did some upgrades for me while the cases were split, including replacing 2nd gear with the newer style.

Comes with a new stator and Ivan's jet kit in their boxes. Currently has unknown (dynojet?) stage 1 jets that need synced.

Leo Vince highmount slip-on.

New pilot 4CT tires.

New carbon ceramic brake pads.

New black plastics.

New integrated taillight.

New 520 chain and sprockets.

5SL 2nd gear upgrade.

5SL swingarm, rear suspension, and rear wheel.

Hybrid rear brake.

The motor, tires and brakes have no real miles on them, just riding around the neighborhood testing everything. Swingarm swap has a good 10k miles on it with no issues.

Oil changed with full synthetic API SL 15w40 regularly despite lack of use. Coolant is Evans waterless which has been great for storage but you may consider replacing it for street riding.

Battery is new but probably needs replaced due to never being used or charged.

I never thought I'd be selling this bike, let alone due to the fact that I'm married now and never ride it, but here we are.

$3500 USD

Shipping can be arranged at buyers cost (I'm a shipping broker so it would likely be cheap).

Also selling the Aprilia in the last picture. PM me for details.

Sent from my LYA-L0C using Tapatalk

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R-Rated

Last edited by R-Rated; 05-22-2019 at 11:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
In way over my head..

Bike: 2001 R6 Rossi Replica
Re: 2001 R6 - lots of upgrades - $2200 USD - Toronto, Canada

Le bump

Sent from my LYA-L0C using Tapatalk

R-Rated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in