SlasherMcGee's 2014 R6 Track Build - Page 3 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 120 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 08:07 PM
S1000rr

Re: SlasherMcGee's 2014 R6 Track Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlasherMcGee View Post
But High Side, I read over on gixxxxxerforum.com that an expensive exhaust system would give me an extra 169 HP and all the girls would look and want a ride. Are you saying I was misled????
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Panties will be dropping for sure if you stretch and lower it.

lol! Nice parts you are putting. I am still thinking of buying Armor body or Sharkskin?

Sent from
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 120 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 03:48 PM
My R6 eats me.

I have the same bike and going in the same direction. I just need to pick up some track fairings. How did yours fit?
post #23 of 120 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Can't wait to see this thing complete. Following for sure.

post #24 of 120 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
At least it looks fast.

Bike: '14R6 '08R6 '07R1 '01R6

Exhaust, PC-5, and Exup Elimintor installed. Will hopefully get time to tinker a bit more this weekend:

post #25 of 120 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
At least it looks fast.

Fairings installed:

post #26 of 120 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 04:42 PM
I eat my R6

Looks great man ! How you like sharkskinz in comparison to armour bodies?
post #27 of 120 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
At least it looks fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llneverfollowll View Post
Looks great man ! How you like sharkskinz in comparison to armour bodies?
It's hard to say..

The last time I bought Armour bodies was around 2010-2011 time frame. I drilled all the holes and installed all the fasteners myself with those. I paid the extra money to have SharkSkinz pre-drill and install the fasteners this time.. It was definitely worth the extra money..

Overall I would say Sharkskinz seems a bit more tough/stronger. The armour bodies seems a bit more flimsier.

I'm still not sure what to think of the Armour bodies styling.. Once I get them painted up the way I want we'll see how they look..

There are small differences between the 2 brands. Sharkskinz reduces the # of OEM fairing bracket bolts required.. There are 2 bolts on each side of the bike that are no longer used with SharkSkinz.. This probably has to do with the fact that Armour bodies is more of an OEM design while Sharkskinz went there own way a bit.

I did have to cut/sand down the bottom AND sides of my windscreen to get it to fit. The bottom portion always has to be cut because there are 2 tabs that jut out that won't fit on track fairings. Having to cut/sand down the sides was a bit unexpected though.

Once the build is complete I'll try to do a full comparison (pro's/cons)
post #28 of 120 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 05:24 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Coming along nicely...

post #29 of 120 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 05:22 AM
Reads the rulez

Bike: Turbo'd Ruckus

Looks great. So weird to see the OEM tires from the factory on a bike with track plastic on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburgess05 View Post
I was going to continue to trash you rookie clowns but it's not even worth it. You're going to spend the rest of your days wasting away and possibility of aquiring talent because you're too ignorant and stubborn to realize you suck... but could be good. You all just keep proving my points.
NESBA "A"
WERA Expert
post #30 of 120 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
At least it looks fast.

..Oh, and forgot to mention.. Yes, I am considering an ECU Flash..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in