LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Re: 2017 R6 Track Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6Jay. View Post
Beautiful bike pal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you sir. The fairings arenít the cheapest, but for the quality of the paint, they are a good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
I literally have years worth of brake dust, exhaust carbon, oil and dirt caked on my wheels. It has never been that important to me, to clean them, but it just occurred to me that it's going to be a hellova lot easier if I put the rear on the bike stand and let it spin in first gear. (at least for the rims anyway) Relaively speaking, should be a short run back to gloss black.

Seeing your wheels made me think about that LoL...
Yeah a rear stand makes it really easy. I usually use plexus or Hondaís polish to clean my wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 02:11 PM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

if you need help scrubbing in your tires, let me know
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Straight Success likes this.

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 02:19 PM
Shut up Tucker

Nice! That paint looks better than factory. That says a lot for aftermarkets. Bookmarked

Puig Dark Smoke Windscreen
Motodynamics Flush Mounts
Motodynamics Integrated Undertail
TST Industries Fender Eliminator
TWM Quick Release Gas Cap
Tech Spec Snake Skin
Pro Grip 719 RVGS

post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 10:12 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2017 YZF-R6

One of the best looking 2017 R6 I've seen!
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 01:39 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Clean.......I like it!
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 04:51 AM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

the finish on this body is impressive!! The kind of work you see on big budget race teams!
El Duder likes this.
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 12:44 PM
(H)
All I say is 16,500.

Garage
Steering Damper Question

Thanks for sharing, looks pretty awesome. Can you please share which ÷hlins Steering Damper model this is. Is it SD 055 and did it come with all the fitments ready to install? Where did you get it if I my ask. I am surprised how difficult it is to find the matching ÷hlins steering damper for the 2017 R6. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	r6.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	402.2 KB
ID:	355433  
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Re: Steering Damper Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by (H) View Post
Thanks for sharing, looks pretty awesome. Can you please share which ÷hlins Steering Damper model this is. Is it SD 055 and did it come with all the fitments ready to install? Where did you get it if I my ask. I am surprised how difficult it is to find the matching ÷hlins steering damper for the 2017 R6. Thank you.
There are two ways to go if you want Ohlins damper on the 17+. First way is the way I did it and the best option for keeping your key switch. Buy the 2006-2016 Ohlins Damper Kit. It fits perfectly and requires zero modification.

I bought it from Mike at Riders Discount for much less than what Revzilla is selling it for.

Second way, and in hind sight is the way I should have gone, is to buy the Graves Ohlins damper mount and buy the damper separately (68mm). Requires removing the ignition switch (which i did anyways) and the damper going on top of the air scoop, more or less.

post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 07:12 PM
(H)
All I say is 16,500.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duder View Post
There are two ways to go if you want Ohlins damper on the 17+. First way is the way I did it and the best option for keeping your key switch. Buy the 2006-2016 Ohlins Damper Kit. It fits perfectly and requires zero modification.

I bought it from Mike at Riders Discount for much less than what Revzilla is selling it for.

Second way, and in hind sight is the way I should have gone, is to buy the Graves Ohlins damper mount and buy the damper separately (68mm). Requires removing the ignition switch (which i did anyways) and the damper going on top of the air scoop, more or less.

Thanks for the info. So the 06-16 damper is SD020 and the 17/18 model is SD055. I am just wondering why they created a new model no if the SD020 fits perfectly. Since the fork on the 17/18 is different from the previous model, I could see that Ohlins tweaked the SD055 to fit exactly these new specs and there is indeed an (ever so slight) difference between the two. Possible?
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 05:21 PM
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (H) View Post
Thanks for the info. So the 06-16 damper is SD020 and the 17/18 model is SD055. I am just wondering why they created a new model no if the SD020 fits perfectly. Since the fork on the 17/18 is different from the previous model, I could see that Ohlins tweaked the SD055 to fit exactly these new specs and there is indeed an (ever so slight) difference between the two. Possible?
compare the parts number @
and

SD 055 has a higher revision for certain parts. Otherwise it all look the same to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in