Low Sided @ Laguna Seca - Track Bike Build - Page 11 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 109 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Touchdown!

Bike: 2012 R6
Send a message via Skype™ to Straight Success
Re: Low Sided @ Laguna Seca - Track Bike Build

Here she is.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have two more major milstones, and then my vision will be complete.

Chillin'... while the Lord watches over me!

I love my R6, but...there's no buts...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 109 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 02:27 PM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

looks real nice. Just a couple of pointers....remove the peg feelers from your rearsets (if track only) and that frame slider sticks too far out. I recommend Woodcraft set instead of what you currently have. Less likely to catch on something and make the bike flip
Straight Success likes this.

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #103 of 109 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 10:53 PM
I eat my R6

Stainless steel brake lines or it isn't complete.

As for Doc-Ram saying remove the frame sliders and peg feelers, if you are riding all the way for them to touch you are going too far. I assume that's only for super softs off the warmers.

The paint job is amazing.

post #104 of 109 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Touchdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post
I asked you four times not to comment in this thread? Do you have a problem or something (rhetorical meaning it doesn't require an answer)?

post #105 of 109 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 02:51 PM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Success View Post
I asked you four times not to comment in this thread? Do you have a problem or something (rhetorical meaning it doesn't require an answer)?
It's not your thread. I will always be in your mind and you can't do anything about it.
post #106 of 109 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 04:17 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

After a recent rebuild of my own bike post cartwheel.... I have found your build thread interesting. Thanks
Straight Success likes this.
post #107 of 109 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 08:07 AM

Bike: '14 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post
As for Doc-Ram saying remove the frame sliders and peg feelers, if you are riding all the way for them to touch you are going too far.
Too far for what? Tire grip is the limit of lean and tires are good enough now that you can lean far enough that hard parts drag. Now hard parts are your limit of lean and you're losing time on the track and have to adjust your hard parts. I'm willing to wager that Doc has more time on the track than a lot here.

I can't speak for Straight Success but I suspect that he's rebuilding his bike on a budget and is re-using stock parts until funds allow for the upgrades (brake lines, rearsets, sprockets/chain, etc.).

Do you have to leave so soon? I was just about to poison the tea.
post #108 of 109 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Touchdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbonez View Post

I can't speak for Straight Success but I suspect that he's rebuilding his bike on a budget and is re-using stock parts until funds allow for the upgrades (brake lines, rearsets, sprockets/chain, etc.).
Yes, I am. I'm not super wealthy - not yet anyway. I have been on a budget for my rebuild. No one plans on crashing. This rebuild cut into some nice things I had planned which may be held off for a little while.

I have roughly another $XXXX in upgrades I would like in the long term as well as a new motorcycle for the street. My rebuild has cut into both of those things.

It's all in the sport though.

post #109 of 109 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 04:14 PM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Success View Post
Yes, I am. I'm not super wealthy - not yet anyway. I have been on a budget for my rebuild. No one plans on crashing. This rebuild cut into some nice things I had planned which may be held off for a little while.

I have roughly another $XXXX in upgrades I would like in the long term as well as a new motorcycle for the street. My rebuild has cut into both of those things.

It's all in the sport though.
All you gotta do is not lean as far and if you are uncomfortable do not give too much throttle on apex. You can save that for in say short stopping apex and end side of the track you are accelerating to (in any gear that is above 1 or you may high-side on an R6 like I did).

Just at least run through the power band when you are on track day, not 75% rpm band and 75% throttle. 100% throttle, 100% RPM band. Just let off sooner by taking corners easy. It's what I do. When I'm coming to a highway exit I'm letting off and braking way way way sooner than I should be but I'm pretty much doing like 150+ going to it quick as possible. : )

This is how I would ride on track. I mean it would be As intense of course but at least you know what the limits could look like in an emergency. It doesn't mean you should be at it all the time. And this goes for anyone reading the post. It's not directed for anyone specifically. It's more of a broadcast.

Last edited by AntDX316; 02-17-2019 at 04:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in