Low Sided @ Laguna Seca - Track Bike Build - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Touchdown!

Bike: 2012 R6
Send a message via Skype™ to Straight Success
Re: Low Sided @ Laguna Seca - Track Bike Build

It's essentially a 2 turn double apex that can flow nice if hit correctly. I know I got it correct once or twice, but going forward I definitely know how to hit it correctly. It looks easy when looking at the track map, but it takes a few times to get it right on the track.

Chillin'... while the Lord watches over me!

I love my R6, but...there's no buts...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Straight Success; 06-12-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Touchdown!

Before the crash:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The crash
:

When I got her home:

Taking her apart for evaluation:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 11:14 AM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

oh now I see why it tucked. Your forks arent "long" enough. Just eyeballing... you have too much tube above the fork (front is too low) It should be flush (at a minimum) if they are stock.
Cartridge kits add length. Same with shims under the rear shock mount.
There are some really good geometry #s posted to get you in the ball park.

post #14 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Touchdown!

I now see that in the repair manual. How much of a difference will it impact the handling?

As of recent, it was deliberately set to be 5.0 mm above the top of the upper bracket.

Last edited by Straight Success; 06-13-2018 at 11:53 AM.
post #15 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 06:32 AM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

Im not a suspension expert but the R6 is very sensitive to ride height.
Im guessing you overloaded the front end when you hit the divot which collapsed the forks to mechanical bottom and rebounded hard unloading the tire.
post #16 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Touchdown!

Updates. Making progress, but I still have a ways to go. She's looks good. These pics are just a few teasers.

I retained the full rear subframe bracket without cutting it or the tail. It's also properly mounted in all four places to the subframe.

post #17 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Touchdown!

I'm waiting on parts, but we're making progress.

post #18 of 109 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Touchdown!

Well, this is just some big boat of BS. I've been ordering things I need to get Jasmine to where I need her to be to look sexy and perform nastily at the track as envisioned. Some @sshat decided to steal one of my packages from my mailbox. Either someone stole it, or the mail man never delivered it and kept it for himself. Do people have any respect for anything anymore?

F#*king thieves! As Pusha T would say - Yuuuuuuccckkkkkk!

Last edited by Straight Success; 09-18-2018 at 09:36 PM.
post #19 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 04:54 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

Yea man F* that shit. Same thing happened to me twice. One was Amazon who takes pictures of the package sitting at your door, so I know that was delivered but some ahole decided they wanted it for themselves.

Since then I just deliver everything to my office that is of any value. Can't trust anybody no more.

You can try contacting the delivery service for details. Not that they can do much after the fact, unfortunately. But maybe a neighbor has it or something and you can grab it.
Straight Success likes this.
post #20 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Touchdown!

I went a little extra on the sauce, but everything seems to be all good. A few more parts, and then paint comes last. She feels great. I do feel the heat resonating up my leg more now that it can't escape through the fairings when stationary.

Why? Because track bike.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in