Low Sided @ Laguna Seca - Track Bike Build - Page 3 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 11:25 AM

Bike: '14 R6
Re: Low Sided @ Laguna Seca - Track Bike Build

Looking good Anthony.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do you have to leave so soon? I was just about to poison the tea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Touchdown!

Bike: 2012 R6
Send a message via Skype™ to Straight Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbonez View Post
Looking good Anthony.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Thanks.

I didn't forget about you. When I go back home this summer, I'll mail it out. I did get your PM, and I appreciate the gesture. People where I'm from, we're stand up people.

Chillin'... while the Lord watches over me!

I love my R6, but...there's no buts...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Straight Success; 07-05-2018 at 06:54 PM.
post #23 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 06:33 PM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

Sorry about your crash...glad you are in good shape and getting bike ready.

I also suspect you hit mechanical bottom on the forks, rebound causing front to unload and result in crash

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Touchdown!

Hey Doc. Thanks for the feedback.

I've analyze that video over and over, and found numerous mistakes I made.

I have a method that I follow when riding new tracks, and I didn't even follow all of the dos and don'ts of my method. I've seen a guy explain this in a recent video on YT, and it seems that a lot of folks make the same mistakes I did. Going forward, I know how to adjust EVERYTHING to avoid stupid mistakes that lead to stuff like this. Practice makes us better.

Another adult/rider/getting to the racer's level lesson. I can almost guarantee that any track I ride from now on, my riding will be smoother, cleaner, and slower (go slower to get faster).

Edit: So, I checked my lap times, and although not 100% accurate to the millisecond, I was out there running about 1:46s which isn't that fast in comparison to... However, I don't think that's bad for only my third session at a new track with many mistakes. I'm sure with more seat time that day, I may have been able to get down to the low 1:40s. Matching the right gearing for the track, and I'm sure I can get into the mid to upper 1:30s. There's a lot of room to be had for improvement, and I see it.

Last edited by Straight Success; 07-05-2018 at 09:19 PM.
post #25 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 03:51 AM
My R6 eats me.

following post
post #26 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Touchdown!

I have some more pictures, but I'm waiting until I get the rest of the parts I need/want, and then paint. Stay tuned.

post #27 of 109 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 11:15 AM
My R6 eats me.

Glad you're ok and she's getting back in to shape.

On the note of crash analysis, how many miles on the fork oil? When you reset front geometry, did you compensate for the rear? Which session of the day was it and did you adjust suspension tire pressure for track temp? Life of tires? Your tires will tell you how your suspension is set and where it needs adjusting. I only speak from personal experience. I adjust my suspension everyday according to my riding, time of day, overall temp. There's a lot that goes into crash analysis and most of the time it is directly correlated to the above mentioned topics.

I'm just learning about all of this as I had the front wash out on me earlier this month. Cheers to learning from mistakes and getting better!
post #28 of 109 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Touchdown!

I'm just getting it prepped for paint, and I have a video of me teaching my son how to ride. Check it out. I still have about $2000 worth of stuff to do to it, but it's ready for the track.

TurboBlew likes this.

Last edited by Straight Success; 09-01-2018 at 05:07 PM.
post #29 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Touchdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]@t View Post
Glad you're ok and she's getting back in to shape.

On the note of crash analysis, how many miles on the fork oil? When you reset front geometry, did you compensate for the rear? Which session of the day was it and did you adjust suspension tire pressure for track temp? Life of tires? Your tires will tell you how your suspension is set and where it needs adjusting. I only speak from personal experience. I adjust my suspension everyday according to my riding, time of day, overall temp. There's a lot that goes into crash analysis and most of the time it is directly correlated to the above mentioned topics.

I'm just learning about all of this as I had the front wash out on me earlier this month. Cheers to learning from mistakes and getting better!
The forks were recently done and had one track day plus some street miles from testing - I approximate maybe 150 miles or so. The forks are fresh.

Third session, and the suspension felt good. When I do go back to the track, I will get it dialed back in again.

Tire were at like 75%. Supercorsa SP V2s. I was running 29F/28R cold. Tires felt good and grippy.

The things you mentioned, I'm either learning through experiences of my own or from other parties like you.

post #30 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 10:44 PM
My R6 eats me.

subscribed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in