1st Gen R6 Track Bike - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 07:18 AM
My R6 eats me.

Re: 1st Gen R6 Track Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojay64 View Post
So heres the latest update. The bike is DONE and has seen the track for the first time this season!! For having the whole thing ripped apart I must admit it did better than I imagined. I started the day off at 2:11 and ended the day at a 1:59 at NJMP Thunderbolt. First session was wet so I babied it, second session I blew a coolant hose and and third session i blew the fuel pump hose in half. Managed to put a temporary fix on it which ended up starving the pump and only giving enough fuel up to 11,000 RPM. Took it home the same night, made all new hoses and lowered the front triple tree to the 1/2" it was suppose to be at.
Hello, I want to convert my 1st gen R6 into a track bike as you. Could you detail how did you do the keyless ignition? I found a post here in the forum but it is for the 2nd gen and above.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 04:52 PM
My R6 eats me.

Re: 1st Gen R6 Track Bike

What do you have for a clutch? Returned from my last track day yesterday with full intention of converting it to a slipper clutch. Also, my bike seems to “wheeze” in second gear & up between 2500 and about 7k rpm. I’m thinking the jetting is off but those familiar with R6 are telling me it’s the nature of the beast and I just need to row the gears. I had a 2001 ZX6R last season and it didn’t feel that weak in the low to mid range. Don’t want to bogart your thread, just interested in hearing your experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in