electric problem 99 r6 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

electric problem 99 r6

im having trouble dignoseing a problem with a bike i just bought i have no neutral light unless my killswitch is off and my clutch is pulled in .it wont turn over at start button.i jumped it at silinoide but i have no spark ,i checked the clutch switch kickstand switch and tried testing the neutral switch all are good i think when i test the nuetral switch i dont have cotinuty ,but i do when its in gear plz help sorry about the spelling ive got a couple grand into this thing im tryin to figure this out thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 07:44 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage
Re: electric problem 99 r6

hope this helps.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 05:06 PM
Drop a gear and DISAPPEAR

Bike: 99 R6
Kickstand switch. Trust me I saved you a lot of headaches and possibly 100’s of dollars. I got two ecus at 250 a pop thinking I fired it some how and after a week of constantly working on it or looking for info it was the damn kickstand switch!!!!!

RESPECT the machine! If you ever hop on your bike and you are 100% comfortable, SELL IT cause you will end up hurting or killing yourself!!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

I TESTED IT seems to be working fine i get cotinuity when its up ,and dont when its down
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 07:56 PM

Ok so the neutral switch is jus a ground so when it’s in neutral it’s grounded. You could always bypass all of them. Also have you checked your starting circuit relay?? When he key is turned on you should hear a click under you seat where battery it. It controls fuel pump along with neutral clutch and kick stand switch. They go bad often. If it does you can split it open and solder in a new diode. Once you open it the failure will be obvious. Also the wiring harness connectors are
A real problem with our bikes so check all the connectors. If it ends up being your ecu they are like 250 on eBay but I jus happen to have a extra I would sell for a fraction of that!!!

RESPECT the machine! If you ever hop on your bike and you are 100% comfortable, SELL IT cause you will end up hurting or killing yourself!!

Last edited by HAndHEldJEsuS; 06-21-2019 at 07:58 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

thanks again im at the cut off relay now.im not getting cotinuity in the sky blue pin a blue/yellow pin .and when i was looking at the harness the sky blue wasnt in the best shape,probly from everybody messin with testin it.im gonna order one today ill let you know how it goes.thanks again
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 08:25 AM

No problem hope you get it fixed. And I have a extra harness. You would have to tape it up but nothing missing and it’s in good shape. But yea let me know regardless how it goes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in