High mileage - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eat tires for lunch

Bike: Dub-O's 7R6
High mileage

What is the highest Mileage yall have seen on an R6? General life-span of the engine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: stupid ones and a Prius
Re: High mileage

The highest I have seen was 85k.... only oil changes and NEVER had the valves checked....and the oil changes werent often... would have been longer but duder's chain came off at Infineon and went through the case...

When you want to win, when there is no substitute for the best, when you don't want to feel the sting of second place, you really only have one place to turn.

EDR Performance, because their fast is faster than everyone else's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Ice cream

post #4 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 11:31 AM
www.1seven1.com

I just rolled over 7500 miles on my race bike and it's still running strong. Impressive.

Bone-stock internals right from the factory. Track-only miles.

A HUGE thank you to my 2014 sponsors:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Fast Line Race Tire, Galfer, Vortex, Sidi Boots, LP Racing,
, XT Racing. Come race at Miller with
post #5 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Live Fast...Ride Faster..

Bike: Stolen
Send a message via Yahoo to Uncle Buck

Most bikes will be crashed and totaled way before the engine goes. Traffic conditions and basic riding skills in such cases are much more important don't ride over your skill level and you will enjoy your bike for a very long time.

Riding a race bike is an art a thing that you do because you feel something inside...--Valentino Rossi

For every adversity there is an equivalent seed of benefit you only have to look for it chase your dreams and get up if you fail...--Evel Knievel

post #6 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

thats pretty good. i guess just take care of the bike and she'll live awhile. before getting my bike i heard they only go up to about 50k,and u can feel the power loss significantly at around 30k... thing is tho, i ride my bike pretty hard, besides regular maintenance, what can i do extra to expand the life of my engine, and still have some fun
post #7 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Go Ahead

Bike: WR250X

I'm at 26K right now. I had new exhaust valves installed. I think it was due to faulty exhaust gaskets sucking air back into the head.

-Ant.

Mods: a lot ;-)
post #8 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
The highest I have seen was 85k.... only oil changes and NEVER had the valves checked....and the oil changes werent often... would have been longer but duder's chain came off at Infineon and went through the case...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF View Post
I'm at 26K right now. I had new exhaust valves installed. I think it was due to faulty exhaust gaskets sucking air back into the head.

-Ant.
Wait, what is this "Valves" yall speak of
post #9 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Custom User Title

Bike: Built 08 r6 race bike
Send a message via AIM to Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aint_too_Ghetto View Post
thats pretty good. i guess just take care of the bike and she'll live awhile. before getting my bike i heard they only go up to about 50k,and u can feel the power loss significantly at around 30k... thing is tho, i ride my bike pretty hard, besides regular maintenance, what can i do extra to expand the life of my engine, and still have some fun
you don't really ride your bike as hard as you think. get a race bike, and you will quickly realize its extremely difficult to actually ride your bike hard on the street. when you have 10 thousand miles on a bike, where every single mile was between 11k and redline.... that's riding it hard

not saying you aren't a badass, just saying street bikes on the street don't actually get beat that hard.

as far as keeping your bike running well. good scheduled maintenance goes a long way. If you hit the 30 to 40k mark and feel you're down on power, you can refresh the engine for 500-800 bucks and it will feel brand spanking new again. But for that price, you can buy a used engine as well...

post #10 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 12:07 PM
R6 all day, every day.

I have a bit over 20K on my bike, bought it with a lot of miles. I take good care of it, do scheduled maintenance, and don't ride that hard so I'm really hoping it will last me

2007 R6 - Leo Vince SBK Full Exhaust, Agg Racing Smog Block Offs, Dynojet PCIIIusb, Puig Double Bubble Windscreen, -1 Front Sprocket, SpeedoDRD, K&N High Intake Air Filter, Keiti Tank Pad, Shogun Frame Sliders, LED mirrors, Smoked Flush Mount Turn Signals, Integrated Smoked Tail Light, Fender Eliminated, LED underglow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in