Two Brothers Love/Hate Thread and Why - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
USC 2013 National Champs

Bike: 08 R6s
Two Brothers Love/Hate Thread and Why

So I've been a member on here for a few months now and I always always always see people hating on Two Brothers...

Now I understand people's opinions differ aesthetically towards TB, but so does everything, and sound wise people may not like it.... but the main reason I keep seeing is its not used on MotoGP or its not about performance and all this stuff regarding performance. However, according to this test TB ranks as one of the top performers....

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, they may have made some bad decisions with their rainbow colored exhaust, but oh well sheet happens

In my case, I bought the bike with the TB on it, personally I like the way it sounds and I really like the high mount, im not sure what its done performance wise but according to the test its done something. And I dont plan on changing it anytime soon

SOOOO haters, please hate and let me know what the deal is

p.s. if youre gonna hate on my reflector, relax, because i needed it on to pass MD inspection, it is now gone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks GIjoe007

Mods: Two Brothers M5 High Mount Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Zero Gravity Double Bubble Windscreen, Michelin Pilot Powers, Flush Mount Turn Signals, Fender Eliminator, Puig Frame Sliders, OEM Yamaha Rear Seat Cowl, Motodynamics Integrated LED Taillight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 01:08 AM
rubber side down

Re: Two Brothers Love/Hate Thread and Why

Hahahaha u must of read the 858 thread and ppls comments about the TB pipes.... honestly one of my boys had a 636 and it look sick.
post #3 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
USC 2013 National Champs

Bike: 08 R6s

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillen on duces View Post
Hahahaha u must of read the 858 thread and ppls comments about the TB pipes.... honestly one of my boys had a 636 and it look sick.
hahahaha yeah but if there is ever a picture with a TB the first comment is always something negative about it, my sig picture doesnt do it justice, but I like how it looks a lot in my profile picture

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks GIjoe007

Mods: Two Brothers M5 High Mount Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Zero Gravity Double Bubble Windscreen, Michelin Pilot Powers, Flush Mount Turn Signals, Fender Eliminator, Puig Frame Sliders, OEM Yamaha Rear Seat Cowl, Motodynamics Integrated LED Taillight
post #4 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 02:08 AM
YUT UGHHHH

Bike: '08 R6S

Think they sound good on Hondas, that's about it.
post #5 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 02:40 AM
RIP Super Sic

Bike: 09 R6

Seems like all the TBR owners always make a thread to whine about everybody not liking the TBR slip on. Just rock it if you like it and who cares what anybody else says about it if you like it.....they ugly though

Oh yeah......here is your cheese for your whine

post #6 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 03:54 AM
R6

not a fan - appearance reasons - looks like a toy

but, to each their own...
post #7 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 04:02 AM
I eat my R6

Plain ugly. Need a new design team.

post #8 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 04:13 AM

Bike: Your great white bufflo.

The black TB is sick. IMO I think it should be closer to the bike. Like not as much pipe showing.

TROLLIN
post #9 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 05:08 AM
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: stupid ones and a Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6G35 View Post
Seems like all the TBR owners always make a thread to whine about everybody not liking the TBR slip on. Just rock it if you like it and who cares what anybody else says about it if you like it.....they ugly though

Oh yeah......here is your cheese for your whine
This^^^^

I'll yell you like I tell others.... I pay the bills so I make the decisions. I couldn't give a crap less about your opinion of my shit, positive or negative, simply because I don't use your opinion or taste (or lack thereof) as the measuring stick for my self assurance. I buy what I like, or why buy at all? As politely as I can put it, if you don't like how I put my bike together, that's your opinion, and the two of you can go eat the dingle berries out of each other's ass hairs.

My beef with TBR is that they make pipes that I think sound like shit. They have been redoing that vale pipe over and over cramming it down our throats, and frankly I'm ready for something new. And the rainbow pipe is epically bad taste. I would love to see the demographic of the market research group that told TBR that was a good idea. Was it made up of twelve year old prepubescent girls, misguided drug users, and
(not that there's anything wrong with that)? Every time someone purchases that pipe and installs it god kills a kitten and another TBR owner cringes while the rest of the world snickers...
And it's just bad taste to put a TBR on a ducati. Like it or not, ducatis are a step above, and thus require a careful consideration before modding. It's just how it is. Do you want to be the guy driving the Ferrari with flowmasters and a mullet? It wouldn't bother me, if that was what I was into, but that's me......

Basically, don't come to an Internet forum seeking approval of your choices, as you will be disappointed. You won't win. If you're stock, you get dismissed for being stock. If you have a really sick bike everyone envies and hates you. If you have bad taste, you catch shit. It's just how it is. If you have your sense of approval/satisfaction properly adjusted, all the shit talking in the world wont bother you.

Last edited by redisdeadrideblue; 02-17-2011 at 05:11 AM.
post #10 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 05:49 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 06 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
This^^^^

I'll yell you like I tell others.... I pay the bills so I make the decisions. I couldn't give a crap less about your opinion of my shit, positive or negative, simply because I don't use your opinion or taste (or lack thereof) as the measuring stick for my self assurance. I buy what I like, or why buy at all? As politely as I can put it, if you don't like how I put my bike together, that's your opinion, and the two of you can go eat the dingle berries out of each other's ass hairs.

My beef with TBR is that they make pipes that I think sound like shit. They have been redoing that vale pipe over and over cramming it down our throats, and frankly I'm ready for something new. And the rainbow pipe is epically bad taste. I would love to see the demographic of the market research group that told TBR that was a good idea. Was it made up of twelve year old prepubescent girls, misguided drug users, and
(not that there's anything wrong with that)? Every time someone purchases that pipe and installs it god kills a kitten and another TBR owner cringes while the rest of the world snickers...
And it's just bad taste to put a TBR on a ducati. Like it or not, ducatis are a step above, and thus require a careful consideration before modding. It's just how it is. Do you want to be the guy driving the Ferrari with flowmasters and a mullet? It wouldn't bother me, if that was what I was into, but that's me......

Basically, don't come to an Internet forum seeking approval of your choices, as you will be disappointed. You won't win. If you're stock, you get dismissed for being stock. If you have a really sick bike everyone envies and hates you. If you have bad taste, you catch shit. It's just how it is. If you have your sense of approval/satisfaction properly adjusted, all the shit talking in the world wont bother you.

every man for himself. It seams to me that more of the hating goes toward the 3rd gen bikes. As I hate it on a 3rd gen but your gen bike I like it on with the CF edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in