My light set-up on my track fairings - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
n00b

Bike: 2007 R6 Charcoal
My light set-up on my track fairings

First off... sorry about the crappy night time cell pics.

Now anyways, I snapped some pics of how I mounted my light in my track fairings and also took some pics of my tag bracket that I made up.

The Light

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The not so pretty bracket I made up to hold the light. Just some scrap metal I had laying around my shop. Bent it up and spot welded it together. It is bolted to the fairing stay and is very sturdy. I took the bike out for a couple hours today and the light did not budge or shake at all.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cockpit view

The tail light, it consist of two running lights/brake lights and a tag light. I wired up a 3 pin connector to the factory wiring the run right out the under tail. It all bolts to two bolts I mounted through the under tail. The bolts are mounted to the subframe inside the tail. Just two M10 nuts to hold the bracket in place. Very easy to take on/off for track days. The tag is very visible. I am NOT running turn signals on the bike.

Now if anyone has more questions about this set-up and how I made it work etc. post them here and I will do my best to help you out. I am NOT writing a DIY as the bracket is not made with easily accessible tools and I am lazy

The light was just a cheap projector fog light that I bought on eBay. I then wired up a krypton bulbs HID to get a little more light. The tail light also came from eBay and I fabbed up the bracket to hold it in place.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Around.

Bike: 2012 R1
Re: My light set-up on my track fairings

Very Nice!!

~~R.I.P David Thompson (!Noodlestorm)~~ You will be missed
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_R6s View Post
Very Nice!!
I just thought I would post up since I have had at least 5 people ask me about it already.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 07:51 PM

Thank you so much!

Sorry for all the questions and annoyance before

Where can i get the Brake light like yours?.

Last edited by Infamous_R6; 09-13-2011 at 07:54 PM.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 09:21 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 R6, 11 S1000RR

Looks good bro.

2007 R6
2011 S1000rr
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Bike: Kobe XI

Nice!! One of the things holding me back was my track bike wouldn't be street legal because no lights. I'll look into doing something similar!

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 09:35 PM
YZF-er!

Bike: '03 YZF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Joe View Post
I just thought I would post up since I have had at least 5 people ask me about it already.

That's because custom work is always well appreciated, especially one as original as yours. Definitely digging the projector.. might consider doing the same on my second gen. although with my own style so that I leave your design as your own

As a motorcyclist I figured the Café Africano was reason enough to justify the trip. That's right, I was prepared to travel almost 800 miles round trip - for a coffee. You tell an ordinary civilian that and they'll think you're crazy. Tell a motorcyclist and they will probably just smile. Because what the non-riding populace doesn't understand is that there are 786 miles of road on either side of that Café Africano. -Jeff Buchanan (SR Aug. '11)
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 04:57 AM Thread Starter
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous_R6 View Post
Thank you so much!

Sorry for all the questions and annoyance before

Where can i get the Brake light like yours?.
Just look on eBay, I searched universal brake lights for motorcycles and just kept looking until I found something I liked. It was $25 shipped from China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingEdwardR6 View Post
Looks good bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
Nice!! One of the things holding me back was my track bike wouldn't be street legal because no lights. I'll look into doing something similar!
Def, I wanted full track fairings and streetability. So just had to figure something out and this is what I came up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Dreas View Post

That's because custom work is always well appreciated, especially one as original as yours. Definitely digging the projector.. might consider doing the same on my second gen. although with my own style so that I leave your design as your own
Thanks I appreciate the comments. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Also for anyone wondering, I wired the light up to the high beam switch so it is not constantly on.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 05:51 AM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

it should've come from the factory like this.....

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 06:36 AM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2007 R6

Seeing the bracket helps, I always assumed you epoxied something to the actual fiberglass which I didn't like because it would be extra work in the event of needing new plastics.

Great work, thanks for sharing. Maybe during the winter I can get this done.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in