Richmond, VA Inspection - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2009 R6S
Richmond, VA Inspection

Ok so I moved down here a little while ago and just transferred my plates. I took it in for service today and was going to get an inspection done, but apparently my bike is an automatic fail. I have flushmounts and an integrated tail light which are apparently illegal in va, which I find stupid as hell. Anyone know where I can go to get a pass for inspection

Sent from
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Ride Blue

Re: Richmond, VA Inspection

Just buy the stock parts used for as cheap as you can find them just for the inspection and then switch back over. Seriously.. just find the shittiest working signals and plate holder assembly you can find. It only has to last a day.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Bike: 2009 R6S
Touche! I guess my next question is who's got some shit that I can buy off them for cheap?

Sent from
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 04:56 PM

Bike: 2006 r6

That sucks man, I bought my R6 salvage here in Wisco and had the state troopers inspect it and I have flushmounts, integrated tailight, fender eliminator, exhaust, all they failed me on was my front tire not having enough tread. Went to the stealership to throw one on quick and done deal. Good luck
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 05:17 PM
Yeah Science!

Bike: gixxer chrome edition

When I first got my bike it has flushmounts, hids, etc etc and it passed inspection up here in Northern Virginia no problem, guess they're more strict down in Rich City
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 08:24 AM
Beast Mode!

Bike: 2008 R6s

OP I live in Richmond, VA. Inbox me your number if you want to ride and meet up one day. It depends who you take your bike too. I know a place that will pass you on the dime. If you take it to bullshit places like Honda House, They will rape your pockets for money and also tell you that you need this and that replaced etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 08:32 AM
Beast Mode!

Well shit, come to think of it, I don't even have an inspection on my 6. I have owned numerous bikes, I've taken it to a local car shop and they simple say, flash high beams, signals, you have mirrors check etc, here is a sticker. I feel like if you are on a bike, the last thing a cop looks for is an inspection sticker unless they are a total doucher. I have been pulled over for stupid crap like swerving to avoid a car cutting me off (I screamed at cop and questioned why he pulled me over for trying to avoid smacking in the back of a car and told him go pull the car over idiot) and pulled over for "taking off at the light too soon, when my RPMS didn't go over 5k in 1st and 2nd gear." They never questioned where my sticker was, just simple license and registrations. Henrico cops are genuine asses. Richmond police is a bit more chill. State cops will write you a ticket for the stupidest crap. If you ride West end area to hit the curves and stuff, the cops there are the nicest people ever. There are some events around here like Bike Night etc. and a few good local shops like Street Rockets of Virginia. You should check them out, they have a Facebook page!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 08:33 AM
Beast Mode!

BTW, I have never gotten a ticket on my bike, I simply state the truth and call out the idiot cops (in a friendly fashion) and they realize I am right and stroll away.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 12:59 PM
Needs to Learn

Bike: 2008 Raven R6

Um that's weird

Ive had no trouble with inspection in va. I think they are trying to pull one over on you, because in fact they aren't illegal.

Id go to a different bike shop. and act like nothing happened. Did they stamp the bike with something or anything? If not just go to another shop outside richmond maybe and you should be gtg.

Ive never had one fail so i was guessing on the stamp thing.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 05:14 PM

Bike: 06 Yamaha R6

if u wanna ride up to nova (alexandria va) area i know a place that will pass u for sure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in