fried my ecu... - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats YOU!

Bike: 06 R6 raven
Send a message via Yahoo to seasonedfries
fried my ecu...

yep, thats right. i was hooking up my speedo healer and for some stupid reason that i cant explain i hooked the small red wire up backwards and sent 12 volts to the speed sensor instead of the SH. the speed sensor is hooked straight to the ecu so i sent 12 volts where it wasnt supposed to go and fried my ecu. i have no explanation as to why i did this. i am so pissed/upset/mad/sad that words cannot explain how shitty i feel. i feel as if a member of my family just died.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

and for those of you who will question me, yes, i checked all the fuses. none of the sensors are fused. i checked the fuses, then look up the fault code i was getting (Err 2, then it would blink Err 1 and Err 2) and it said "Internal ECU Malfunction." Then i looked at the colored wiring diagram in the service manual to make sure i didnt miss anything only to find that none of the sensors are fused. my fu<kin ecu is fried.

to add insult to injury i am a mechanic. i should've never done what i did and dont know why i did it.

gunna take it to the shop tomorrow and try to pull a fast one on them but dont think i'm going to get very far. all the electrical mods (integrator and flushies) i installed myself which if i'm not mistaken voids the warranty since there is no proof that i didnt cause it. i'm just going to tell them that i went out to my bike and it wouldnt start and threw this code at me. if they ask about the mods i'm going to say that i had another shop put them on. if they ask for documentation i dont have it and didnt know that it would void the warranty.

I checked out mrcycles.com and the ecu costs $857. i can pay for it, but either way my plans for this weekend to goto deals gap is now shot to shit. anyone who has been watching the thread knows how excited i was about going.

like i said... i feel like a member of my family has just died...

i really hope the dealership will cover it...

SO! now my words to the wise... DOUBLE CHECK, no TRIPLE CHECK that if you wire ANYTHING up on your bike, no matter fused or not, that its hooked up right. or you could end up in my shoes, and trust me, these are some shoes i wouldnt wish on ANYONE!!!

Live Fast, Die Slow
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The greatest feeling is not in knowing that your friends have your back, but that you've got theirs."

Mods: Puig DB DS, High-concept frame sliders, Clear Alternatives smoked integrator, rumble import FE kit, hot bodies flushies, headlight mesh, Akra megaphone slip on, black galfer braided lines, DOT 5 brake fluid conversion, -1 520 kit, speedo healer, DIY black rearsets + pass pegs (soon to be powdercoated), black fairing, fuel cap, and windscreen bolt kits. swingarm spools
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 12:14 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 06 in Blue
hmm... so you screwed up and your solution is to defraud someone else to fix it.

Doesn't rate highly in my book. Man up and eat the $857 cost.

--Ryan
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 01:24 AM
r6 power

Bike: 2006 yzf r6
i have done that once before also. i opened up ecu case and found a fried track i then soldered a piece of wire over the burnt track and it worked perfect. not recomended but it will work
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 01:49 AM
You want my bike

Bike: 2003 R6 LE
That's why you disconnect battery power before working on anything electrical...

16,000 RPM's at 8,000 feet...Heaven.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 09:55 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 02 R6 red/black, 07 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gridopezzo
hmm... so you screwed up and your solution is to defraud someone else to fix it.

Now we got the f*#king "Moral Police" up in here!
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 09:55 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2012 R6/ 2009 R6S
sorry to hear that man. Ecu problems suck and can be expensive. Hopefully it all works out as least expensive as possible. Good luck.

2012 R6 Raven
2009 R6S
2008 Husqvarna 510 smr
2006 R6 Raven
2003 YZF 426 supermoto
1999 Ninja ZX6R
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Dragging Knee

Bike: Blue 2006 R6
Send a message via AIM to mojo
Yeah thats the one downside to having one of the best stock ecu's on the bike. It becomes really expensive to fix it.

Blue because it is faster.

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 03:41 PM

Bike: 03 R6
EBAY! I see them things all the time on it.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 04:35 PM
Ask a Doc Super Mod!

Bike: 2006 Yamaha R1 LE #244
Quote:
Originally Posted by gridopezzo

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 04:55 PM
YZF-er!

Bike: '03 YZF
Sorry about your loss Seasoned. I hope you get that baby up and running as soon as possible. These things happen man, just let it go. Cheer up lad.

Good Luck btw

Last edited by Dream_Dreas; 08-29-2006 at 04:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in