'17 Quick Shifter programming - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 07:06 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2017 Yamaha R6
Re: '17 Quick Shifter programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahacrazy View Post
You let them charge you for something that yamaha handed out with the bike? The only thing that dealer would get is my bad review of their shop on google

You're misinformed. The part is free...not the labor. Even the Yamaha website says that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Yamaha YZF-R6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Track Time

Bike: R6, FZ-07, H2, zx-10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamamahama View Post
@
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
have you gotten yours to initialized?
Yes. I road it over to my mechanic's and got it first try. The only thing he did different from me was he waited longer than 10 sec, much longer. Said he held the lever up until the QS icon came on. I know I waited at least 20 sec at one point with no success, but I guess my guy must have waited even longer. I wanted to watch as he did the initializing but as soon as I turned around it was done, so not sure how long he held up the lever. So there you go.

BTW I'm taking it off and will be putting this OEM QS up for sale if anyone is interested.
I just spent $800 for a QS that has auto-blip

my bikes: 2017 R6 on order... 2016 Ninja H2... 2013 Nina zx-10r racebike.. 2016 FZ-07
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 08:09 PM
I eat my R6

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer172 View Post
Yes. I road it over to my mechanic's and got it first try. The only thing he did different from me was he waited longer than 10 sec, much longer. Said he held the lever up until the QS icon came on. I know I waited at least 20 sec at one point with no success, but I guess my guy must have waited even longer. I wanted to watch as he did the initializing but as soon as I turned around it was done, so not sure how long he held up the lever. So there you go.

BTW I'm taking it off and will be putting this OEM QS up for sale if anyone is interested.

Hmm, ok yeah figured as much.

How soon r u installing the auto blip? I'm sure you have to get it tuned. So perhaps your going to add other goodies and get it all tuned at once? Btw what brand auto blip and do you re flash the oem computer or did you get a ecu?

1st-99 Kawi zx6r 30k miles
2nd 07 Kawi zx6r 27k
3rd 11 Cbr 1000rr 17k
4th 16 Yamaha Bolt 5k
5th 13 Ducati Panigale 1199 6k
6th 16 Yamaha Fz-07 4.5k
7th 17 Yamaha R6 "awaiting delivery"
post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Track Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamamahama View Post
Hmm, ok yeah figured as much. How soon r u installing the auto blip? I'm sure you have to get it tuned. So perhaps your going to add other goodies and get it all tuned at once? Btw what brand auto blip and do you re flash the oem computer or did you get a ecu?
bike was flashed today. Bought FlashTune + Active Tune + QS/auto blip from FlashTune. The QS is coming in the mail and will be installed soon, maybe this week. At that time I'll uninstall the OEM QS. Haven't picked the exhaust system we'll be going with yet, narrowed it down to SC Project or Arrow, but it will be a full system and we'll do the dyno tune then. But waiting till I get back from Laguna Seca cause they have a 90db noise limit. My guy thinks the R6 stock won't pass that cause of the air box. Might have to roll off the throttle when I pass the db gun, not sure.
Yamamahama likes this.

my bikes: 2017 R6 on order... 2016 Ninja H2... 2013 Nina zx-10r racebike.. 2016 FZ-07
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 08:27 PM
I eat my R6

Garage
'17 Quick Shifter programming

Quote:
bike was flashed today. Bought FlashTune + Active Tune + QS/auto blip from FlashTune. The QS is coming in the mail and will be installed soon, maybe this week. At that time I'll uninstall the OEM QS. Haven't picked the exhaust system we'll be going with yet, narrowed it down to SC Project or Arrow, but it will be a full system and we'll do the dyno tune then. But waiting till I get back from Laguna Seca cause they have a 90db noise limit. My guy thinks the R6 stock won't pass that cause of the air box. Might have to roll off the throttle when I pass the db gun, not sure.

Nice stuff! Post of a video of the tune or picture of stock tune vs goodies+tune. I've seen 106-108hp so far stock.

curious if it takes care of the cold start issue.

I notice the R6 wakes up around 8k then has a noticeable increase in power at around 12k and pulls smooth from there up to redline.

I also have noticed it's louder than most stock bikes. Except for my Panigale

1st-99 Kawi zx6r 30k miles
2nd 07 Kawi zx6r 27k
3rd 11 Cbr 1000rr 17k
4th 16 Yamaha Bolt 5k
5th 13 Ducati Panigale 1199 6k
6th 16 Yamaha Fz-07 4.5k
7th 17 Yamaha R6 "awaiting delivery"

Last edited by Yamamahama; 05-01-2017 at 08:35 PM.
post #16 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 03:27 AM
Maui's First 2017 YZF-R6

Bike: 2017 Yamaha YZF-R6

Quote:
Interested, unfortunately I was number 556 and missed out.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Let me know.

2017 Yamaha YZF-R6 Team Yamaha Blue
GYTR Quick Shifter Kit OEM R6 Seat Cowl OEM R6 Tank Pad OEM R6 Radiator Guard OEM R6 Engine Cover Protection Set OEM R6 Rear Stand Hook OEM R1M Rear Seat Cowl OEM R1M Front Carbon Fiber Fender OEM R6 2018 Matte Grey Tail and Undercowl Puig Double Bubble Smoked Windscreen ASV Inventions Levers Techspec Snake Skin Tank Pads SC Project S1 Exhaust MJS Headers Graves Motorsports Block Off Plates EDR Performance ECU Flash EXUP Servo Deleted Sprint Air Filter Graves Motorsports Frame Slider Lightech Front/Rear Axles Slider Driven Racing Blue Endurance Axle Cups Yamaha Brake Lever Guard by Gilles Tooling Gilles Tooling Sprocket Guard JL Designs Fender Eliminator Plug TST Industries Under tail Relocation Kit JL Designs Smoke Integrated LED Tail Light Intelligent Lighting Systems, LLC DRL Mod Matte Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger Carbon Sprocket Cover More Mods Coming Soon
post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 07:57 AM
My R6 eats me.

BSD (Bike Sport Development) in the UK is coming out with a BlipBox for the 17' R6, they think it won't be to hard to do and they already have one for the 15+ R1. I have a blip box pro on my 14' Ducati 1199 R track bike, its amazing and does not require an ECU flash as the small blip box ecu does everything. It also has 1 strain gauge rather than two like the FTECU blipper has. If you search google images and look for the 17' R6 SuperSport which I think is in WSBK the blipper has an orange strain gauge, still trying to figure out who makes it.
post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 08:54 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamNofR6 View Post
Quote:
You let them charge you for something that yamaha handed out with the bike? The only thing that dealer would get is my bad review of their shop on google

You're misinformed. The part is free...not the labor. Even the Yamaha website says that.

Maybe i am. but im not going to pay $80 for someone to install a qs that takes 15mins. If youre going to own a bike you need to learn how to work on stuff. Theyre high maint. Or be prepared to get raped and wait for it to be fixed/modded all the time.
post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Track Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pueo View Post
Interested, unfortunately I was number 556 and missed out.

Let me know.
Cool, I'll send you a PM in a few minutes and we'll work something out.

Quote:
to install a qs that takes 15mins. .
yeah I like to do everything I'm able to do on my bikes as well, I did the QS install myself and just a note: it can not be done in 15 min. I know that wasn't your main point just just wanted everyone to know you should plan on about an hour for the install or an hr of labor to have it done for you. 15 min to swap the shift rods and set the lever, etc.. but you also have to completely remove the gas tank from the bike and put it on your work bench (no way around this) removing the fuel line, 2 breather hose hoses, mail electrical plug and I think 1 other if I remember right, and you need a 2nd person to hold the gas tank up while you do these disconnects. Reason you have to remove the gas tank completely is the QS connection you have to get to is tucked away underneath other wires & hoses just on top of the engine. It is hard to find even with the gas tank off the bike. So if you are not comfortable doing this install yourself $80 is a reasonable price to have it done right for you.

post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 11:45 PM
My R6 eats me.

Can the QS from the 17 be used on a 16 model?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in