R6 Newb! With Questions....Of course - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

R6 Newb! With Questions....Of course

Hey guys new member here! FlyMode, from the land of the snow and igloos where we ride 6 months out of the year(the pain is real!) and by ride I mean horses during the summer and our pet moose in the winter.

I just bought an 08 r6! What a machine, lacking in the Lower rpms! Yes I know track driven engineering . Eventually I’ll do the sprocket swap 2 down 1up(maybe I have the wrong but I’ll drink that syrup once I get there. [its a Canadian saying])

Anywho I have a few questions! Of course what new person on the forum wouldn’t!! Just bear with me! I know everyone is all over the map on these subjects, “just ride your bike and find out for yourself “ and I will! I would just like to get ahead of the game here!! If you can answer these questions I will forever be in debt !

One: Looking for a slip on, don’t need a full exhaust not trying to make more jam! Just want to hear some louder noises! I would like to keep the servo and exup valve system in, I’m not sure if any slip ons allow for that! If so is there any you guys could reccomend if not I’m more than likely just going to go with an akro or hotbodies megaphone!

Two: I don’t plan on tracking for the first 2 or so years of owning this bike, but as I mentioned earlier I live in the wild wild north! The roads are paved but #backroadracetrack would you think a dampener is a good idea or ride it out stock hit a few speed wobbles and decide from there if I’m not part of the Canadian landscape after that experience?! If so electronic or the good old fashion ones whatever they’re called!

That’s about all I can think of for now! Any replies and recommendations would be great!

Thanks guys!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 02:14 AM
My R6 eats me.

I have a hotbodies exhaust I can sell you for cheap, just installed a toce exhaust on mine.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6nyc_ View Post
I have a hotbodies exhaust I can sell you for cheap, just installed a toce exhaust on mine.
Pm me! I may be interested
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 05:18 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6
Re: R6 Newb! With Questions....Of course

No slip on will allow the use of the exup valve. You have a few options here. You keep the servo plugged in (to avoid error code) but you remove the cables. You remove the entire thing and get a exup eliminator (little box that plugs into the electrical connector). Or you get your ECU flashed and remove the entire thing.

Learn to ride properly and you don't need a dampener.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers28 View Post
No slip on will allow the use of the exup valve. You have a few options here. You keep the servo plugged in (to avoid error code) but you remove the cables. You remove the entire thing and get a exup eliminator (little box that plugs into the electrical connector). Or you get your ECU flashed and remove the entire thing.

Learn to ride properly and you don't need a dampener.
Yeah Ive been doing some research on the whole exup system and I would like to keep it working until I get a full exhaust and change up the sporckets, Im just going to hack up and paint the stock exhaust , than next season the fun will really begin!

I guess the best idea would be to learn from other good riders around me and not develop bad habits!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 07:15 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

Exactly. And don't learn from the youtube motovloggers, half of them have no clue haha. There are a wealth of great books and proper videos available as well. A lot can be learned from experienced track riders. The important thing is body positioning and staying lose on the bars not only in straight line but throughout the corner. Let the bike be able to do it's thing. It took me a while to realize just how tense I was on the bike through a corner. Once I realized this and was able to stay lose on the bars my cornering was 10x better. It becomes so much easier to make mid corner corrections and if you hit a bump the bike is better able to stabilize itself. I have never used or felt I needed a stabilizer. But to each their own.
TurboBlew likes this.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 07:38 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2016 Yamaha R6
Garage

I install a steering stabilizer to all my bikes. It doesn't hurt to have one. Better to have one and not need it, than to need one and not have it. I say if you can afford one, why not install one.

2016 Yamaha R6 = Motodynamic fender eliminator with smoked integrated taillight and smoked flush mount turn signals - Woodcraft frame sliders and swingarm spool sliders - Light smoked ZeroGravity SR windscreen - RSC Hyperpro steering damper - BKmoto projector headlights - Pazzo Racing shorty levers - LeoVince Factory S carbon full system exhaust - Dynojet Power Commander V - Driven block off plates - Driven Racing 15/46 (-1 +1) sprockets w/ RK 520 MAX-X series chain, LighTech chain adjusters - TechSpec tank grips - more to come
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTurboMr2 View Post
I install a steering stabilizer to all my bikes. It doesn't hurt to have one. Better to have one and not need it, than to need one and not have it. I say if you can afford one, why not install one.
What type of stabilizer is your go to? I’ve heard there are electronic ones that dampen harder with speed!?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 10:09 AM
My R6 eats me.

Fly mode check ur messages lol
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 03:30 PM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTurboMr2 View Post
Ok... lets say you've had 4 bikes. I would venture to guess thats about $1600???

Now tell us exactly how much you spent on "riding training". Not an MSF class but actual instruction on how to ride a sports bike?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in