Loosing Power 05 R6 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Betan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Loosing Power 05 R6

Hi has any one experienced this similar situation? So my bike 05 R6 was riding perfectly sounded like a Jet taking off. But now she sounds way off idling ruff, unstable idling and lost a lot of power that she is unable to do wheelies. I can climb hills but the power and speed it had is just not the same. She still starts and drives but just not as before. I'm hoping someone who has experienced this similar problem can advise me on what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 09:05 AM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: Loosing Power 05 R6

I've had several 2nd gen R6's in for issues with loss of power. Most of them it has been spark plugs and coils. One 05 we replaced the plugs, but the issue came back within a month or two. Then we did new plugs and new coils and it's been good since. But it's tough to diagnose it over the internet when the bike isn't here on the dyno. I'd recommend new plugs and go from there. They aren't too expensive. CR9EK NGK plugs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 05:46 PM
I eat my R6

Change to CR9EIX yes CR9EIX plugs (unscrew the rear plug cap for compatibility) and when you change your plugs do not, I repeat do not add any dielectric grease.

Also change your coils to any new R6 2005 coils.

I have the same bike as you and had the same problem. Do not do anything other than what I'm telling you.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it. I Will start by changing the plugs and see if it solves the problem. If it does not I will have the coils replaced as well. Will let you guys know how it goes.
Ride on✌️
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Happy to say the bike reminded me of why I purchased it today. Had coils and plugs replaced as you guys suggested and problem solved! I got the coils from Amazon for about $180 for the complete 4 and 4 NGK Plugs for $30. It was actually easier to do than I thought. Save yourself some money and do it yourself. Thanks a lot for the help.
Ride On ✌️
ChiefSmokeDawg likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 05:09 PM
My R6 eats me.

Hi ive got a 05 r6 and its been great. Last year i started having hesitation issues cracking throttle off idle. Cylinder 4 had a cooler pipe than the rest so i replaced all coils and plugs. Bike seemed fine until i hit 140-150 mph and it just dawgs almost like i hit a governor which I know I didn't because I've gone faster than that many many times. I realized it was happening at 11000 or 12000 rpm. Could it be my rectifier? Any input is appreciated
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Hey bro hope you got it figured out. I'm just seeing your post sorry I cant help I am not sure what could be the problem I havnt experienced that. But by chance did you check the plugs and coils too see if you placed them on correctly?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:56 AM
My R6 eats me.

3 days ago had the same issue as you guys and did the sparks plugs and bike seems fine now. I messed up in not getting the ix spark plugs...got them from autozone. I hope this fix last for a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in