R6 2018 Frame sliders requires to drill a hole? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

R6 2018 Frame sliders requires to drill a hole?

Hi, I recently purchased a 2018 R6 and I also purchased these frame sliders directly from yamaha:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The mechanic guy told me they have to drill a hole to get the frame sliders installed, Is that real?
Does it worth to drill a hole in the fairings to get these sliders installed?
Are there any other good quality frame sliders that doesn't require to drill?

thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 04:08 PM
WTF Over

Re: R6 2018 Frame sliders requires to drill a hole?

I looked at the no cut sliders, , you will drop teh bike at some point, but the ones that you drill a small hole not the ones that you have to drill a large hole. I am kitting out my new 18 also

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
I looked at the no cut sliders, , you will drop teh bike at some point, but the ones that you drill a small hole not the ones that you have to drill a large hole. I am kitting out my new 18 also
Do they say the size of the hole you need to make some where?
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 02:12 PM
I eat my R6

If you want the OEM Yamaha frame sliders installed you'll have to drill. I too have been eyeing the OEM frame sliders as well. My second options for no cut (which are pricey) would be the
or the

Do let us know which you eventually go with and how the install went. Thanks
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Hi, So after digging around I decided to install these sliders:

I was told that sliders that requires to drill, are stronger than those who doesn't require to drill.
I also like the look of them

Here are some pictures of the bike after the installation:

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 11:23 AM
I eat my R6

So I'm guessing that the drilling wasn't too bad as it looks like you went with the OEM frame sliders. Looks good, I see you rotated the sliders vs the OEM position from the pictures. Yes, frame sliders that require drilling should be more solid as its bolted onto the frame directly vs having no-cut ones which use various bends and lengths to clear the fairings
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweezy View Post
So I'm guessing that the drilling wasn't too bad as it looks like you went with the OEM frame sliders. Looks good, I see you rotated the sliders vs the OEM position from the pictures. Yes, frame sliders that require drilling should be more solid as its bolted onto the frame directly vs having no-cut ones which use various bends and lengths to clear the fairings
Haha, I actually didn't notice they installed the sliders in the wrong position...
I guess It's fine, I mean, It's still looks good and should do the same job, Am I right ? :X
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 08:56 AM
I eat my R6

ya should be fine, also upon second glance looks like they were installed backwards but whatever the case shouldn't be a big deal will still get the job done
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 05:11 PM
WTF Over

Good job , I have a set of RG in the garage.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 05:18 PM
My R6 eats me.

Looking to get a pair soon as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in