2017 r6 akrapovic evolution titanium question? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

2017 r6 akrapovic evolution titanium question?

Hello guys just joined glad to be here.

I was wondering if anyone have the same exhaust system? (Akrapovic Evolution Titanium full system). Personally I love the tone however I wish it was a bit louder but I just had it installed like 4 days ago with the Power Commander V / Dynojet mapping also installed but not dynoed yet. The reason cuz my bike only have 700 miles and I was told to ride it some more to about 1500 miles before dynoing. I guess I was just wondering does this system eventually get louder? Cuz of right now I'm not sure if it is just me or it's not really a loud system? I was kind of looking something a bit more NASTY? I was watching one video on Youtube I believe the gentlemen had LeoVince and man on a drive by clip it sounded like Formula 1 from far away I wonder if mine does that since I'm the one riding and couldn't really hear myself i guess. Love to hear some of you who might have the same exhaust?

Before anyone flame me I love the system just figured it be louder like some bikes i heard....anyone? Thoughts?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kingrichardsr6; 04-14-2019 at 09:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:02 PM
My R6 eats me.

Re: 2017 r6 akrapovic evolution titanium question?

Graves sounds and performs way better. Plus Graves will provide you a free map developed for their exhaust with it. That's what I have.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:50 PM
#KeepPounding

Bike: 2007 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrichardsr6 View Post

I was wondering if anyone have the same exhaust system? (Akrapovic Evolution Titanium full system). Personally I love the tone however I wish it was a bit louder but I just had it installed like 4 days ago with the Power Commander V / Dynojet mapping also installed but not dynoed yet. The reason cuz my bike only have 700 miles and I was told to ride it some more to about 1500 miles before dynoing. I guess I was just wondering does this system eventually get louder? Cuz of right now I'm not sure if it is just me or it's not really a loud system? I was kind of looking something a bit more NASTY? I was watching one video on Youtube I believe the gentlemen had LeoVince and man on a drive by clip it sounded like Formula 1 from far away I wonder if mine does that since I'm the one riding and couldn't really hear myself i guess. Love to hear some of you who might have the same exhaust?

Before anyone flame me I love the system just figured it be louder like some bikes i heard....anyone? Thoughts?

Most Akras I've heard have been up there with Leo and Graves in regards to sound. I'm not familiar with that particular system but double check to make sure there's not a "silencer" inside the slipon that you can remove. Some tracks/leagues have a DB limit and systems include them to keep sound levels down for compliance.

Also, I would recommend Dynoing your bike immediately. I can think of no positive benefit for running in for another 800 miles without a proper A/F map.

-07' Team Yamaha Blue R6 "Carmen"
-18' Toyota 4Runner ORP "?"
-08' Nissan Xterra Off-Road "Katrina"
-93' Ford F-150 sitting on 35's "Sandra"
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsteinnewyork View Post
Graves sounds and performs way better. Plus Graves will provide you a free map developed for their exhaust with it. That's what I have.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I was looking into this as well. Is it loud and nasty?
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke87 View Post
Quote:

Most Akras I've heard have been up there with Leo and Graves in regards to sound. I'm not familiar with that particular system but double check to make sure there's not a "silencer" inside the slipon that you can remove. Some tracks/leagues have a DB limit and systems include them to keep sound levels down for compliance.

Also, I would recommend Dynoing your bike immediately. I can think of no positive benefit for running in for another 800 miles without a proper A/F map.
I've checked it doesn't look like there is any silencer. In regards to Dyno I agree will get this done ASAP. I do wonder tho if the pipes will get louder tho as it get break in and also tuned..?
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 10:44 PM
#KeepPounding

Quote:
I've checked it doesn't look like there is any silencer. In regards to Dyno I agree will get this done ASAP. I do wonder tho if the pipes will get louder tho as it get break in and also tuned..?
Perhaps a little, but I wouldn't expect a massive difference. All of the sound clips I listened to online sound good to me, and it's a fantastic looking exhaust for sure. I'd expect you'd have no problem offloading it if you decided to go with something else, but Akra has been a top tier exhaust company for sometime.

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Quote:
Perhaps a little, but I wouldn't expect a massive difference. All of the sound clips I listened to online sound good to me, and it's a fantastic looking exhaust for sure. I'd expect you'd have no problem offloading it if you decided to go with something else, but Akra has been a top tier exhaust company for sometime.
Yeah hopefully it sound a bit louder for sure I do love the crackle tho
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:59 PM
My R6 eats me.

If you want something really loud, Yoshimura alpha-t full titanium system is stupid loud, in a good way. I have it on my 17 R6 and it's amazing and a little too loud for me lol. On track with some ear plugs it is fine but I ride on the street too and it gets a little annoying for me.

It's also recommended by my tuner, Bauce Racing. He's a die hard leo Vince fan but apparently Yoshi system makes really good power. I'm not an expert in the tuning field but Anthony has tuned literally 100s of bikes. If you need your ECU flashed btw, I would highly recommend him. If you're close to NJ, get it tuned by him. Made a huge difference how the power is delivered.

Doubt it'll get any louder as others suggested. I am thinking about changing my exhaust to Akrapovic for some time now. I was never a fan of the undertail exhaust, I bought the bike used and it came with it.

PM if you would be interested in a trade. Maybe we can work something out!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:09 AM
#KeepPounding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist.ioan View Post
It's also recommended by my tuner, Bauce Racing. He's a die hard leo Vince fan
As an OG R6F Member, good to hear people still singing the praises of the ChiefSmokeDawg. Ant's a good dude, got my buddys Leo from him several years ago. Glad to hear he's still doing well with his outfit.

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:12 AM
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
As an OG R6F Member, good to hear people still singing the praises of the ChiefSmokeDawg. Ant's a good dude, got my buddys Leo from him several years ago. Glad to hear he's still doing well with his outfit.
Yeah he's an awesome guy. Patient and always eager to share his knowledge even when he's probably answering the same question for the millionth time haha.

Yeah Leo's are still his favorite.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in