Biker with Ear Problem - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2019 YZF-R6
Biker with Ear Problem

Hi!

I really love to ride bikes but the problem is I have sensitive ears that are prone to tinnitus. Just bought a pair of noise reduction ear plugs/ear piece and they do not fit well in my ears. I'm planning to get new ones but I'm torn between these two brands:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

First one is a company that offers customized ear protection and the second one had good reviews online. The thing is...I think I have an uneven ear canal and I'm not sure if a pair of generic plugs would be very useful. I just hope you can help me decide what to buy.

P.S. I'm open to all your suggestions.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BigEar.jpg (58.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg pinlock_earplugs.jpg (55.2 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 06:47 AM
My R6 eats me.

Re: Biker with Ear Problem

Can you still perceive the environmental sounds with it?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 10:04 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

Yes. Those are filter style ear plugs. The filter out damaging sound waves not block sound waves (ie sticking your finger in your ear). I don't ride without earplugs ever. Never do they affect my ability to hear my surroundings.

OP... You want to find earplugs with soft filters vs hard filters as they fit under the helmet much more comfortable. I don't have experience with any of those brands, so can't comment. I use Alpine Earplugs (with the Race Filters) and they are great. I used to use Eytomotics but the hard filters became uncomfortable. Never had much luck with the DIY custom mold earplugs like in the first link but that's just me.

Earplugs are one of those things where you just got to buy them and test them out. They will be different for each person. I went through many trial and errors before ending on Alpine Earplugs.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 03:56 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage

the best ear plugs (in my opinion) are Howard leight Max disposable ear plugs. with a NRR rating of 33. they're cheap as hell too. you can get 200 pair for $27.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 07:49 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

^ That's actually what I've been using as well.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 06:16 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage

you can also get them just about anywhere. i've bought them at dollar general and the come with a plastic canister to put a pair in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in